True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you're not alone. I hate every single piece of music from BOTH seasons. Especially that chick in the bar scenes. Sweet lord.
Ha, glad to hear it! It really is kind of irritating that she's always at the club and seems to be their only musical entertainment. I get the feeling it's like a friend of the producer and they're trying to help her sell CDs or something. :lol

Just his reaction to Ray and even Ray saying "You don't look like him" meaning his son. He'd have no reason to lie since he's already in jail. And his brain condition would make him the perfect patsy. Plus the fact that he's really mexican, it's Kenny Power's baseball coach. I know it's possible for two non-red heads to still have a ginger kid but if I was going to go with that angle, I'd say he has more of a chance of actually being Ray's kid. Also, Frank mentioned he got the info from one of his guys about the original rapist that Ray killed. The only other guy that's been with him since that point now is Nails and he didn't have any problems with him this episode when they were torturing that guy or driving to the meet up, so it had to be Blake. Why would Blake just give a random cop he doesn't know, a fake name of someone to kill unless he was trying to cover his own tracks? If the rapist is dead, they won't keep digging and find Blake.

Blake's also always the one that finds Frank's men dead, he's a criminal, he's into sex parties and part of the cult, he's got red hair, and the black chief could have set it all up(the DNA match) in the hopes that Ray would lose his **** again and go kill Frank. And last night, the Catalyst guy made it clear to Osip he's just not interested in Frank.

I also don't think the Mexicans have the hard drive. I'm starting to think it's Burress who's the Birdman(riot shells like cops use, showing up at Caspere's and Ray's house) and he already recovered the hard drive. The Catalyst guy is sending Frank on a wild goose chase and causing him a ton of trouble with the cartel.

Last edited:
Yea that's the version I've been playing around with(ep1).

Can't believe you don't like any of the music Devil, what about that party scene? I thought it was scored very well and the credits song last night was good too.

No, Devil. No.

1580096_orig.gif

Wonder if the two kids from the Diamond robery execution are not Chessani's kids... adopted that is...
Since this season being a lot about parenting wont surprises me.

Last edited:
Was so glad to see that T Bone Burnett picked Black Angels again to play over the end credits. I love that band. Another terrific episode. This show just continues to surprise the hell out of me.

I kinda miss the flashback structure of the first season, made it a bit more interesting to watch, also the occult element gave it a certain mystery.
But I agree that Ray is a far more likeable character than either Rust or Marty. And the detective work is also more interesting.

Wow, reading the IMDB boards I had no idea so many people loathed this season.

Damn, that was brutal. Get his ass out of a very bad situation only to get shot in the back once letting his guard down.

VV is gonna man up for the first time since Clay Pigeons.

Frank the Tank! I've been rooting for him all season so this is just pure solid gold. "Look in my eyes, I want to watch your lights go out."

Wow, reading the IMDB boards I had no idea so many people loathed this season.

Just go on the Reddit True Detective sub. It's fantastic and nothing but a few thousand fans. Great insight into the case and facts and live episode discussions.

I'm pissed and annoyed that Paul went out like that. Though not my favorite character, he was the only one I felt really deserved a second chance at life and to be at peace. After all the **** Bezzerides, Velcoro and Frank have survived, all the danger that they're in....Paul's the one to get offed? Doesn't feel right. And his character literally had no closure.

I read an explanation about him I liked. He was suicidal and wanted death from the get go but was the kind of guy that wanted a warrior's death. If he had survived, he would have gone on to live a lie. He was gay but he'd have been stuck in a relationship with a woman because of the kid. He went out in a blaze of glory which was how he always functioned best. A "god warrior" who would rather tell Burress "**** you" than beg for his life. He got some closure with the other Black Mountain people who'd been screwing him over and who'd ****ed his life up to begin with overseas. And his mother started to bond with his wife and can probably find some happiness taking care of the kid. He's the reason they'll be able to close the case if they can. The evidence he gathered will be what brings everyone down. The kid did ok.

Back