True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Is it possible the flashback of the molestation was her father?

No. In my post above yours, we see what Ani's father looks like as a younger man, and they don't look the same. The unknown man has much longer hair and a shorter beard, and looks to be in his 40s, too old to be her father during that time period.

And if they wanted to show it was a younger Elliot, they would've just used Robert Morse and put make-up on him to look younger.

I stopped watching the new season after the fourth episode. I hope the next season is good but i'm not counting on it.

there are only a few good shows on tv but i don't think this new season of True Detective is one of them.
it's better than a lot of stuff on tv but still not good enough for me to want to watch it.

Though the first season was more interesting with some of the supernatural elements, this one has far more detective work.

you mean occult elements? I don't recall anything supernatural from season 1. I feel like you have to think more with this season.

you mean occult elements? I don't recall anything supernatural from season 1. I feel like you have to think more with this season.

:goodpost:

This is not a show you can watch while playing Clash of Clash. It needs your focus and attention. How exactly this all ties in together will determine HOW good it is. Right now it's pretty good. Let's see if if it gets promoted to pretty damn good.

The first season definitely had mystery but like others say, this season is all about detective work and really figuring out waaay more than what was going on in S.1.

That party scene last night was on par with anything from Season 1 including the long shot in episode 4. It also feels like we've learned way, way more about these characters than Rust and Marty. I can honestly say I care more about Ray than I did for Rust. Rust was just the same character until the last 10 minutes after his near death experience. Still well done, but Ray coming to terms with his kid and life has been more in depth and fleshed out.

It's hard for me to follow just what all is going on this season, but I think it's a lot better than season 1.

I think that's a good thing. The main characters still barely understand what's happening, especially Frank. Why should we? At least before they do. I also like this season's intro song more, but I've been a fan of Leonard Cohen for a while so that helps.

I thought the first season's theme song was one of the best of all time, and I swore there was no way they could top it...I was so wrong. :lol

I wonder when/if custom figures will start showing up. I'm pretty sure there were a few of Marty and Rust from S1. I'd definitely be down for a Velcoro, and perhaps Frank and Woodrough.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to make this season's song my ring tone but it's hard to cut a solid 30 second segment.

I like this seasons theme more, but like the imagery of the first one more.

Elastic_True-Detective2.png

I think that's a good thing. The main characters still barely understand what's happening, especially Frank. Why should we? At least before they do. I also like this season's intro song more, but I've been a fan of Leonard Cohen for a while so that helps.

Exactly. My wife has no clue what is going on. :lol

I don't care for any of this season's characters but I was all in on Rust and Marty. To me the 1st season was far more intriguing. This season is just a tough watch. Plus last season had Daddrio' s epic boobs...that alone sets that season on another level.

Surprised by how many like the theme song. I'm OK with Cohen but I find the intro unlistenable. Just seems too cheesy (I loathe background singers, too, for the most part). My wife and me have to fast forward though it every time. Liking the show itself more as the episodes go on, though (anyone else sick of the lounge singer conceit whenever they're in that club, or am I alone on that one, too?), and really liking Ferrell. A lot of people seemed to be disappointed with him being cast but I think he's perfect for the role.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to make this season's song my ring tone but it's hard to cut a solid 30 second segment.
I've got it perfectly cut off after the verse "I live among you, well disguised" which I think is the perfect way to end it. It's not a full 30 seconds but it's like 25-28. Not sure which episode this version is from. If I knew how to post it I would.

I knew it wasn't that guy they arrested. No way he's the rapist. My money's still on Blake.
How do you know he isn't the rapist? Did I miss something? Did they confirm that or are you just assuming?

BTW, I don't think he was the real rapist either after meeting him this episode.

Oh you're not alone. I hate every single piece of music from BOTH seasons. Especially that chick in the bar scenes. Sweet lord.
No, Devil. No.

I also like the sickly singing bar chick's songs. Especially the one from the first episode, "My Least Favorite Life" I imagine it's titled.

Back