Troubles with a figure's head :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowcat

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all, I am rather new in this hobby and English in not my first language, so please bear with me :)
I really hope you can understand me anyways and maybe find a way to help me.
I have bought an HT figure's head and body separately, and so now I have finally decided to reassemble them.
It's a Tony Stark the Mechanic figure.
I have used the hairdryer to soften the part inside of the head where the peg has to get in, I almost burned my hands with the hot air but the peg didn't get completely in.
It's somewhat halfway into the head, but it didn't click.
All of the other Hot Toys heads I have put back on their original bodies so far, after a few minutes of hot air, clicked into place, but this one doesn't want to.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to put it into hot water for fear of damaging the paint.
Have you got any suggestions?
Have you ever had similar problems with a head before?
How long (I mean, how many minutes) do I have to use the hairdryer for in order to soften the inside of the head?
Moreover, the tiny piece of moleskin (at least it looks like a kind of moleskin to me) that is inside the head (behind its chin, you know) has started to become sticky since its glue melted because of the hot air and so the neck is all sticky with glue… :(
If I use the hairdryer again will the moleskin peel off?
Thanks a lot in advance for all of your helpful suggestions! :)

hey, I think if you can provide a couple of pictures that will help a lot. Did you purchase the tony stark body? If so, the head should pop on easily. Hairdryer is usually not necessary.

hey, I think if you can provide a couple of pictures that will help a lot. Did you purchase the tony stark body? If so, the head should pop on easily. Hairdryer is usually not necessary.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I bought the original body for him. It's my second Tony Stark. The first one (the Armor Testing version), I assembled it myself rather easily, because the neck peg was already inside the head, I only had to attach the other part of the peg to the peg hole in the body's neck.
My Captain America was also assembled by me, I had a little trouble at the beginning with the head, because the neck peg was already attached to the body, not to the head. I used the hairdryer on the inside of the head for several minutes until the plastic softened, but Captain America didn't have the tiny piece of moleskin that the Tony Stark heads have, and so I had the possibility to use the hairdryer for a lot of minutes.
The head of my second Tony Stark doesn't pop completely on, I mean, it might look like it's completely on, but I know it isn't, since there is a large, visible gap between the jaw line and the neck (my other Tony Stark doesn't have this problem). At the beginning, I had the same problem with my Cap, but I used the hairdryer for a longer time and so in the end the neck peg popped in completely.

PROBLEM SOLVED : I put some talc powder into the head's hole and then I rubbed some on the neck peg.
The head popped on very easily without needing any hairdryer's help :) :clap

PROBLEM SOLVED : I put some talc powder into the head's hole and then I rubbed some on the neck peg.
The head popped on very easily without needing any hairdryer's help :) :clap

good to know you solved it!

Back