Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing to keep in mind, is that as collectors, we all have unique perspectives on what we want out of the collectibles we buy, and there is no such thing as a unanimous perspective.

How many '78 Myers headsculpts are out there? Each one has found an audience that thinks it's THE definitive sculpt and that all others pale to it. For me, the ToTS headsculpt captures Myers as I think of him best of all, but I know others think the Madbug is better, etc., and I don't care, I'm just excited that I found something that works for me.

The coveralls are nothing different. Some collectors want their Myers figure to remind them of what they saw on screen, and they'll be happy with more blue tinted coveralls. Other collectors want their figure to as close to an exact replica as possible, which means having things be the colors of the actual props versus how those colors were translated through the camera and movie lighting.

At the end of the day, we each want different things and what's great about ToTS is that they recognized that and are offering two options so that collectors can tailor their figure to their wishes. While Sideshow is offering a majority of the same additional accessories, this one in particular sets ToTS apart and makes their add on have more value.

That said, I do think it silly to argue with people about what color it should be or be mean to someone for accepting something that may not be your perspective. Unfortunately at times it seems like some people feel so strongly about their perspective that they talk down to those who accept anything else. If you know and care about the true coverall color, great, best of luck finding a figure or accessory for your figure that meets your needs, but it's no reason to be down on people who are content with something else, and it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

100% agree. I would say that as a producer TOT is very smart to off this as an extra.

I think the purist prop collectors are a rare breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree. I would say that as a producer TOT is very smart to off this as an extra.

I think the purist prop collectors are a rare breed.

I am curious as to why every company but PCS has used blue as the standard, and yet PCS goes for the green tinted charcoal gray look held as the prop true standard.

I do like that the upcoming ToTS '78 ornament is also green tinted, set it more apart from their Halloween 2 ornament.

I am curious as to why every company but PCS has used blue as the standard, and yet PCS goes for the green tinted charcoal gray look held as the prop true standard.

I do like that the upcoming ToTS '78 ornament is also green tinted, set it more apart from their Halloween 2 ornament.

PCS likely did it to be different/unique to other collectibles and so they wouldn't have the vocal minority bashing them for getting the colour wrong. No denying it looks blue in the movie.

Attachments

• 00 halloween_1978_still.jpg
    00 halloween_1978_still.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 00 halloween-1978-atmosphere.jpg
    00 halloween-1978-atmosphere.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 00 -halloween-1978-EFADCR.jpg
    00 -halloween-1978-EFADCR.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 111
I had emailed them and asked the same thing they said no date yet. I needed a new wrist peg they were able to help and send me one.

What is hysterical about lol this debate is to me it doesn?t matter at all what color they were in real life, only what they appear to be on the screen. Which is clearly blue.

Which is why ever single figure , drawing and statue makes them blue.

Same with Hans coat, Aliens color, Smiths suit....

Why would you want a collectable that shows the true color of the props which was never seen in the films?

I dunno, for me the are representations of what it looks like in the films. If I wanted accurate portrayals of the real life stuff, then I want zippers on all monster suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

lol what are you talking about every figure and statue makes them blue lol the two pcs statues are not in blue. in the movie they look blue at night without a doubt but inn the daytime scenes it has a green push to it clearly michael-myers-halloween.jpg School 1.JPG

there is a blue light filter used for all the night time scenes in the movie that dean cundy used to make things look blue,,, even in those photos you uploaded his mask has turned blue because of the blue light filter. Myers costume is not blue as you can clearly see inn the daytime scenes. might as well sell the figures and statues with a blue mask then also since that looks blue at night because of the blue light filter also

It?s not even debatable.
The vast majority of collectables show a blue jumpsuit.

That?s just fact.

It?s not even debatable.
The vast majority of collectables show a blue jumpsuit.

That?s just fact.

yeah but that just means they are wrong and the more premium expensive collectibles tried to get it right. you are right its not debatable as it has been proven to be green. vast majority of the collectibles got the mask wrong also so i guess that is the way the mask was now also because all the figures has it that way.

yeah but that just means they are wrong and the more premium expensive collectibles tried to get it right. you are right its not debatable as it has been proven to be green. vast majority of the collectibles got the mask wrong also so i guess that is the way the mask was now also because all the figures has it that way.

I wouldn't say it's about being right or wrong, it's more screen accuracy vs prop accuracy. Everyone has their own preference.

Personally I prefer screen accuracy. If I wanted a Thanos figure I would want it to actually look like Thanos and not Josh Brolin in a mocap suit with a cardboard Thanos head above.

In the later dvd releases of Halloween if i am not mistaken the coveralls look more grey or blue than green.

I do appreciate the option to have both those so everyone is happy... except those who prefer rooted hair over sculpted xD

Anyone get their 2018 version yet? Mine is supposed to be here Thursday. Been excited for this one! Still no reviews, unboxing or even in hand photos. I could have sworn that we saw the 78 version 2 weeks before release.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I?ve seen a few in hand photos on Facebook and early pics don?t show that good of a paint job. The few I?ve seen really call for a repaint. I?m holding out for better and more in hand photos.

I?ve seen a few in hand photos on Facebook and early pics don?t show that good of a paint job. The few I?ve seen really call for a repaint. I?m holding out for better and more in hand photos.

Were they taken with flash on?

One was super close and the pic I?m referring to. Almost too white and really heavy brown around the eyes. Another was with some shadows and looked better.

Ah ok

It?s the theme with these figures. The first batch of photos are always those kinds of bad photos lol

Got one in-hand. Overall impressions: the sculpt itself is good. The paint isn't horrible and it looks okay when in shadows but it could definitely benefit (and really shine) with a complete overhaul. Average paint, but best commercially available H40 sculpt.

The body isn't dark like the H78 was. Moves well, it's the same ttm19 style body essentially. No frills, does the job but I would add padding around the midsection.

Suit is okay though navy in color; should be charcoal (H40 is confirmed charcoal grey). The collar "snap" isn't installed properly on mine but its minor nit as it is purely for aesthetic purposes. Compared to the Tinela coverall she offered in limited numbers, it's close but the letdown is the color change.

Undershirt is a nice heather blue in color but again, its not a full shirt and is taped in place. I kept it taped to the body and put my own dyed shirt over it, then the padded "stomach".

Sculpted hands are quite nice, especially since they're made to look like they belong to an older man. Knife holding hand is still too tight for my liking; risk of breaking the knife handle without heating up the hand is a definite possibility.

Accessories are okay, but barebones. Tinela's custom run included a superior metal knife and the wind chimes he uses to strangle "peanut butter" Ray. Decent knife and hammar for being plastic.

Boots are pretty close to screen accurate, just missing a small detail or two; nice paint and sculpting though. Definitely better than H78 jungle boots.

Overall, it should have been cheaper but it has the potential to be good with proper futzing and repainting the head.

If I get a chance, I'll snap some pics.

I caved and bought one, I?ll keep the SS preorder though.

After years of no Myers at all, I?ll take 2 and make the best of both.

Back