Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Caine on IG

Screenshot_20210813-145457_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-132520_Instagram.jpg

My custom H6 sculpt. Crazy how it matches up.

Attachments

• Adobe_20210822_131509.png
    Adobe_20210822_131509.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Just received TOTS' 2018 Myers.

Sculpt looks so good. The eyes aren't a problem at all on this one. Boot are also more realistic.

Look forward to working on him later. Have the Luke Jedi fat suit ready, and the blue tack for the boots to extend his height on stand by. lol

The 2018 must have a bigger upper body and arms than the 1978, because it was an even harder struggle getting the Hot Toys Luke Jedi padded suit onto it, than it was when I tried it on the '78.

Barely managed to get it over the shoulders, but had to remove the foam pads that were stuck to the shoulder straps.

As with the '78 I filled the boots to the top with 'Power Tack', then plugged the the ankle pegs into them until the figure's height matched that of the '78.

With so many actors of varying heights playing Michael I wanted to settle on a single stature to represent 'The Shape', so that the figures would match.

I went for the taller option, and tried for James Jude Courtney. It's a balancing act due to the length of the overalls.

Not easy to measure accurately, since he's wearing a mask, but he works out at about 6' 2 1/2" above his boot soles to where the top of his head would be inside the mask.

Still really difficult to photograph without proper lighting conditions:

51401715528_f97d23df87_o.jpg

Comparison to a more regular height figure (who's a bit on the short side):

51401715548_484e81e949_o.jpg

I just used the upper half of my mando fat suit for the upper body and then butt part of the fat suit to give him more of a belly. They fed Michael really well over at smiths grove lol.

I just used the upper half of my mando fat suit for the upper body and then butt part of the fat suit to give him more of a belly. They fed Michael really well over at smiths grove lol.

That would've been easier.

I was surprised how much bulkier the upper body and arms were on the 2018. Or it could've been because I switched the 1978 onto a double jointed Soldier Story body.

The Luke fat suit makes him look even sturdier, and more filled out, especially at the waist and belly, whereas the 1978 is young and lean.

Last edited:
I have a question actually. Why is everyone padding the 78? Castle was a thin dude.
A5CF243D-BB70-4F71-9EA8-BB0CF22AACC7.jpeg
I use a different body here, but I feel like padding isnt necessary. Am I not seeing something the lot of you are?

I have a question actually. Why is everyone padding the 78? Castle was a thin dude.
View attachment 535971
I use a different body here, but I feel like padding isnt necessary. Am I not seeing something the lot of you are?

That's why I took it off the '78, and saved it for the 2018.

What it did do was help with the bagginess of the overall legs. If I move him I usually have to futz the legs again - which I hadn't done in the comparison photo. His left leg was okay, but the right had a big wrinkle in it. I think the 2018 is better tailored.

Hi All, I have not posted in ages but got bored and inspired to repaint the TOTS 1/6 '78 Myers headsculpt. I had the SAMHAIN version so decided to strip all the orginal paint to get all the detail that was underneath and to make sure the blood drops were removed. In hindsight, I don't think I needed to and maybe stripped too much. You can see the plastic degraded a little but in the long run I kind of like texture it added.
IMG_8352.jpeg

Next I spray painted with primer. And started building up the color and paint layers. I dry brushed on flesh for the neck and blueish gray for the mask. I also started darkening/weathering the edges and the eyes.

IMG_8361.jpeg

Next I started layering on shaded of white. First a little off white and then eventually getting to pure white. All this was done with dry brushing to achieve a spray painted look.
IMG_8382.jpeg
IMG_8472.jpeg

As I got happy with the layers of white, it finally achieved the "glowing" feel I was going for. I kept adding the small details like weathering, eyebrows, lips, etc.
IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8508.jpeg
IMG_8513.jpeg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased but want to try again without stripping the paint. I don't know that it's neccesary and I might get a smoother look. That being said, the texture on the mask comes across really well in person. OH and the eyes aren't altered in anyway except I did a black wash other the flesh around the eyes... and added a shiny gloss to the eyes themselves. Would love some feedback and hope everyone is having an awesome day.
IMG_8632.jpeg
IMG_8634.jpeg
IMG_8474.jpeg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased but want to try again without stripping the paint. I don't know that it's neccesary and I might get a smoother look. That being said, the texture on the mask comes across really well in person. OH and the eyes aren't altered in anyway except I did a black wash other the flesh around the eyes... and added a shiny gloss to the eyes themselves. Would love some feedback and hope everyone is having an awesome day.View attachment 535987View attachment 535988View attachment 535989
You need to repaint the sculpt in sienna brown. Then varnish. Then repaint white on top. Then paint alcohol on the parts you want faded.

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_131059_180.jpg
    IMG_20210628_131059_180.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 69
View attachment 535971
Because with the crap body they gave, the size of the sculpt vs the body looks stupid. So you have to pad it up so it's proportioned correctly. What it really needs is a body swap to the jxtoys s02 body which Tinela based the sizing off of.

Attachments

• IMG_20210627_233015_655.jpg
    IMG_20210627_233015_655.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 99
Back