Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Pretty much. And it actually looks pretty solid under the right lighting as a stock figure i.e Cain's video. It almost looked like someone was trying to make it look as bad as possible in those first pictures. Super close to the sculpt in the harshest lighting possible with a goofy pose.lol. It'll need work but thats why I'm paying $120 or whatever. I knew that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are some people who would argue you shouldn't have to put it under specific lighting, yadi yadi yada, but to bring out the likeness to the movie, you kinda have to with Myers. The lighting in the movie, particularly the third act scenes which are at night, casts very specific shadows and things that define the image in our heads of Michael and if you hit the sculpt here with the wrong kind of lighting, it will look goofy because we never saw Nick Castle that way.

Wonder why no one has commented on articulation.

I think it's the nature of the character. Myers is not a character most collectors thing of articulation as an important feature, there are some pretty trademark poses to stick him and and none of them require heavy articulation like an action character would.

For me, stability of the body matters more than articulation points. I don't want a marionette like Sideshow's bodies, I want something solid and sturdy close to a Hot Toys body. In my experience, Sideshow bodies are the worst in the market so this shouldn't be asking too much.

Speaking of neck, I'm curious how the head is attached, which would play into the body swapping idea.

I'm sure there are some people who would argue you shouldn't have to put it under specific lighting, yadi yadi yada, but to bring out the likeness to the movie, you kinda have to with Myers. The lighting in the movie, particularly the third act scenes which are at night, casts very specific shadows and things that define the image in our heads of Michael and if you hit the sculpt here with the wrong kind of lighting, it will look goofy because we never saw Nick Castle that way.

Exactly. It's one reason people immediately think it looks wrong when the eyes are visible in a new figure etc. I mean, the masks eyes weren't blacked out - it was all lighting and distance.

Now that I know what I'm getting witn the sculpt im more curious to get the coveralls in hand to get a better feel for them. As said before, I'm not concerned with the body hands. I have a in my parts collection to swap out. Those hands for sure are going in the bin.

Exactly. It's one reason people immediately think it looks wrong when the eyes are visible in a new figure etc. I mean, the masks eyes weren't blacked out - it was all lighting and distance.

Now that I know what I'm getting witn the sculpt im more curious to get the coveralls in hand to get a better feel for them. As said before, I'm not concerned with the body hands. I have a in my parts collection to swap out. Those hands for sure are going in the bin.

The coveralls seem pretty good but I know one thing I'm gonna try to dye em.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Don't really know if I want to keep my PO of this at BBTS. I have the SSC one PO'd thru TW. Was thinking of using this one to be a placeholder until the SSC one and then use the 2nd SSC sculpt on this Tots figure.

Good idea. There's an accessory pack coming from tots as well for ppl complaining bare bones the figures are.

Me either Justin just confirmed it.

You must be seeing things lol

It will be and more supposedly

That's interesting, can't think of what more they could include beyond Sideshow's accessories.

Too early into their 1/6 line, but I'd love a Loomis at some point.

Well they aren't doing just h1 so I guess stuff from the other movies. Like h5s scythe h2 pumpkin h6 pumpkin ect

Oh ok, it's a multi-film encompassing pack, that makes sense to having more, though I'm not planning to get every Michael so some items will probably go to waste.

By the way, where are you reading Justin's comments, I don't see anything on his Instagram.

Facebook group Trick or Treat Studios fan page

Back