Triad Josh Randall - Wanted: Dead or Alive - Steve McQueen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, having just reviewed Lola and seen her amazing weapons (I mean the fact that actual 1/6th rounds fit in the magazines) I'm interested to see everything about this figure, but the 'Mares Leg' should be realy cool!

Seeing your review of her definitely brought this figure back into my mind. I don't have much Western/Cowboy figures... but I think he could look cool with the Six Gun Legends figures.

I'd love this to bash a Bullitt figure. This and a 1/6th Ford Mustang, how good of a set up would that be :D

Not really. The sculpt doesn't look anything like McQueen, most of the outfit is junk, and the motorcycle doesn't really resemble anything found in nature. The flight jacket might be ok, except the one I got had a crooked pocket. On the other hand, if you can get one for cheap and don't care too much for ultra-realism, it's ok. I don't regret the $20 I spent on the set when it was on clearance, but I wouldn't recommend spending any more than that.

I don't want to hijack the thread too much, so I'll just say this. I haven't seen a good commercial figure for him for The Great Escape. Toys McCoy did one that cost mega $$$, but I have no idea what all the money is for because I think it is an extremely sub-par figure.

The best one I've ever seen is a custom https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86636&highlight=great+escape and even there I think the head-sculpt is the weakest part of the figure. The bike though...wow, that rocks.

Last edited:
Just got mine, damn nice & soon to be a Bullit fig, clothing to a Wolverine. Very nice peace & likely one of the best McQueen sculpts I've seen. Will also be repainted.

Sam
Will do asap. I just have to get 3 Supernatural sculpts done for a client as well as the Jigsaw for myself before I get to the repaint of McQueen. I may just post some images of it dressed up in the Bullit gear though. That way people can compare the before & after shots

Sam
Will do asap. I just have to get 3 Supernatural sculpts done for a client as well as the Jigsaw for myself before I get to the repaint of McQueen. I may just post some images of it dressed up in the Bullit gear though. That way people can compare the before & after shots

Supernatural sculpts.:horror Show those instead! I've been wanting some Supernatural customs bad.:monkey5

Sam
Will do. Just had to stop painting. Got into it again & got a case of hard shakes. Look like a rehab rebel. The Wichester bros a re progressing really well with nice skin tone variations. I've done them before & posted some images, however I'm more pleased with these ones I'm doing now.

The heads are Ada's. She has done a new Sammy though which is not shown on her site. It's got longer hair, parted in the center & slightly thinner face. It's quite good actually.

I thin with thse pieces I'll let the owner post images to show how she wants them presented. I'm just the painter.

If I can curb the tremors, I'll strip the Josh Randall. I rally wanna repaint it bad

WDoA.jpg

The horse is mine; the tack and saddle are wrong, but hey, mine was first in the saddle!

WDoA.jpg

The horse is mine; the tack and saddle are wrong, but hey, mine was first in the saddle!

Nice pic! This really looks like a quality figure. I noticed that he has an Omega base body. Does the body seem very big and bulky or large for a 1/6 scale figure? Anyone can chime in on this question.

Back