Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Oh yeah that as well.

I am still going to see it today as it does not cost me anything as long as I see it in 2D (I have to pay a £1.50 charge for 3D) I am taking my Nephew just as I did for the last two. I can always have snooze for two hours if it is as bad as part 2

Even though you get in for free why Dino? You don't like the TF movies and you've beaten the horse to the point that we know whats coming with your POV on these.

Saw it last night. Better than Part 2 (then again, drinking kerosene & pissing on a fire is better than that) but overall just an average mindless Summer popcorn flick.

The Bay Apologists & Transformers fans will enjoy it and circle the wagons, but there's really nothing in this film you haven't seen before. It's not the transcending entry some had hoped.

Like POTC4, it'll make bank, though. And they'll just churn out more of the same.

Oh, and Rosie is indeed god awful. We're talking MST3K bad. Cringe worthy "performance" at times.

Cool robots, though. Except for that stupid little horney R/C truck thing with the Brooklyn accent. Unfortunately he returns along with some of Bay's 13 year old boy humor.

Thats all I'm worried about here. If others feel the same great. If not great.

No what Josh is saying just because you didn't like the movie doesn't make it a bad movie for everyone else and vice versa. :wave

:exactly: Doesn't matter I have that guy on ignore. Not for this but he's been a board troll since he joined.

I dont care what anyone says for me all 3 movies are amazing.

some of the most epic moments.

when optimus fights the fallen with that amazing soundtrack by steve j. it is just epic.

all i care is about optimus and when he is on screen makes it all worth it.
no critc of person will change my mind about these movies.

after this movie the optimus maquette will be part of my collection.

To be honest Ray I reckon if there was a film made about someone doing a 2 hour crap you'd still be pumped. You love everything. Lol

I am pumped about T3 because I know bay has never dissapointed me.
our taste in movies is clearly different.

in my opinion these 3 movies are awsome and fun. me and the wife have a great time watching them.

there some movies you have told me about calling them the best movies and i had a different opinion about them.

you dont like the transformers series I do period.

Not too bad a movie, some nice fight sequences and the usual big booms throughout. The emotion between Sam and his new girl isn't really believable, but at least this time you can differentiate the bots when they are fighting. It was pretty entertaining and I liked the first sequence (except for the CGI prez), and how they made an effort to tie in everything in history. The robots were the real draw and the humans were terrible, some pretty bad attempts at humor throughout. Didn't quite catch as much of the magic as the first one but it's way more coherent than ROTF. It was cool how there was some reference to the Trek speech too.

Not a perfect movie but decent and entertaining.

Last edited:
I dont care what anyone says for me all 3 movies are amazing.

some of the most epic moments.

when optimus fights the fallen with that amazing soundtrack by steve j. it is just epic.

all i care is about optimus and when he is on screen makes it all worth it.
no critc of person will change my mind about these movies.

after this movie the optimus maquette will be part of my collection.

That is the same way I feel brother! I cannot wait to watch it and also get my Optimus Maquette EX.

My wife and I love the T1 and T2. I am pretty sure we re gonna love T3.

Last edited:

Even though you get in for free why Dino? You don't like the TF movies and you've beaten the horse to the point that we know whats coming with your POV on these.

But Josh! This is a fresh new Donkey. please let me bash it, please :horse :lol

You never know, I might like it if it's good Cheese

Oh I get to see as many films as I like because I have what is called an Unlimited card for my local Cinema

Please don't refer to them as T1 and T2. Thanks. However calling the third movie T3 is totally fine.

TF1 and TF2 probably would be better abbreviations considering the others generally refer to the Terminator franchise.

But Josh! This is a fresh new Donkey. please let me bash it, please :horse :lol

You never know, I might like it if it's good Cheese

Oh I get to see as many films as I like because I have what is called an Unlimited card for my local Cinema

Well, just remember what you felt like seeing someone hammer the Supes figure and Indy figures. :lol

True ya never know but you haven't been a fan of the first two. :lol

My prediction:

The critics will say this is much better than #2, because we all know that was a crapfest that even Bay, LeBeauf, and Fox admitted. So come on people...when the movie makers themselves admit they stumbled and the movie sucked, that says something there lol
So they will say it's better than the 2nd one, maybe as close as the first one, maybe the 3D action is kinda cool, but overall...it's still a Transformers movie by Bay, which means chaotic action scenes where you can't make out what the hell is going on, some cheesy acting and humor, and lots of excessive slo-mo.
So yeah, better then the 2nd one, which will be the welcome relief, but it's still a Transformers movie...meaning it's not THAT epic as some will have you believe.
Bay is just not great of a move director, or an action director. He has his style, but it's not that great in my opinion. Quite annoying on many levels.

This movie will be lumped in the same category for me as Green Lantern. Kinda ok, kinda cool at times, but overall falls flat and Meh, compared to other movies I've seen this year.
But I will admit...I do like SUCKERPUNCH. So there you go. WE all have our tastes in crappier films lol As far as that movie though, I just enjoy it for what it is, and since I like video games, hot babes, and imaginitive visuals and effects, I like it.

And not that I go on what ONE critic has to say, I do believe, when you have 200 reviews, and Rotten Tomotoes gives you the average, as someone said earlier, if it gets 90%...it probably means something and it's a good movie, even if it's not your type of movie. If something overall gets 20%...well odds are its crap, unless you a fanboy, or just love that kind of movie I guess.
So far they have been almost SPOT on all year. Even with Cars 2.

But I did laugh when I read Ebert's review lol Again, not that I care about one review or side with one critic or another. Just made me laugh lol
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon is a visually ugly film with an incoherent plot, wooden characters and inane dialog. It provided me with one of the more unpleasant experiences I've had at the movies."

Last edited:

I dont get the Bay bashers...

Mostly because they dont understand that the world can exist with something with a lot of heart and emotion like....i'll use a super obvious movie, Forrest Gump, and a movie like Speed. One film has subtexts, and messages about life, and America, and all that...the other, is a bomb on a bus.

There will be days I would rather watch a movie like There Will Be Blood, or the mentioned, Forrest Gump...and there will be days I want to watch Speed.

Same goes here. I'll go see The Kings Speech, and be moved, and enjoy the film. But I dont want to see that every day. I want to see some ____ blow up for 2 hours. I just want 2 hours of BAYHEM, and crude childish humor because I'm in the mood for that.

Michael Bay makes action movies. He always has, and always will. I love him for doing that. Other directors do genre hopping, which is totally great, but I like that there is someone out there who will almost always deliver what you expect.

Some people hate him for it. But I say, meh....

Some people call him a hack....I say, you're an wrong. He's not a hack. He has a style. We all make fun of it...but he has one. Unlike people like Paul W.S Anderson, or Brett Ratner, who have none.

Yeah, he's a one trick pony....but atleast by being one, you dont have to worry about a really lame in your face political subtext that's in your face. You know he's going to make a movie with 'Splosions with Hot Chicks who are sweaty.

Michael Bay is the Dollar Menu fast food burger. It aint great, but at the right time, it's ____ing satisfying. You know exactly what you're eating. You know it's not great. You know it's not high quailty....but man, at that moment, you're happy...because that awesome tastes good.

Eat that awesome! :lol

That's my Bay rant of the night. :D

People bash Bay not because he makes action movies, but because they suck compared to 90% of his peers action movies.
I really don't understand why we even needed 3 of these movies.

Back