*ToyHunters - Press Release* HT Iron Man Mark VI (Avengers Alliance Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *Speculation* HT Iron Man Mark VI (Avengers Alliance Special Edition)

A new Hot Toys Iron Man figure? I'll believe it when I see it. Can't be too conservative with ones hopes for that much-neglected character. :monkey1

Nothing unexpected here. The most boring news from HT period.

I know right?:dunno If there going to be re-releasing everything they should spice things up a bit, include a "new" sculpt with this VI at least like they did with the Mark I, that gantry/Iv set would have been the best opportunity to do a smiling stark sculpt.

Let's see what comes with this new Mark VI :D maybe this is my chance to own one :D

It'll have exactly the same as the original Mark VI had but substitute the diorama base with the Mech Test headsculpt (oh and loose the reveal helmet/headsculpt). Looking at the two sets equally the 'new' Mark VI would definitely be the way to go as the diorama was always a bit crap whereas the Mech Test sculpt is arguably the best RDJ one to date.

I know right?:dunno If there going to be re-releasing everything they should spice things up a bit, include a "new" sculpt with this VI at least like they did with the Mark I, that gantry/Iv set would have been the best opportunity to do a smiling stark sculpt.

Whilst a new headsculpt would of been nice think about it this way, how pissed would the people who have the Mark VI be if their barely 1 year old figure got re-released with a brand new headsculpt? If you think the haters that have a problem with the Tumbler being re-released and the Mark I 2.0 being released are bad just multiply that by 10 :lol

Hindsight being what it is I guess we should of known that Hot Toys wouldn't do a brand new Mark VI given the original is barely a year old not to mention had they provided a brand new headsculpt here you can guarantee there wouldn't be one with the Mark VII which will obviously be a completely brand knew figure.

Right now my only hope is that the Mark VII isn't too far into the Avengers line, I will be disappointed if that also doesn't come with a brand new complete Tony Stark headsculpt though as that would mean probably having to wait until 2013 and the Ironman 3 figures :(

I wonder if this one will have the battle damage options? Cheap, straight-up re-release, which is more and more of what Hot Toys does. The original will probably be devalued a bit. I actually thought it would be worth more than the other armors down the road since it is the only one with a triangular chest piece, but now it's gonna be relatively common on par with the other designs.

I'm guessing they went this direction because they want to hold off on doing the Mark VII for later. This is a stand in for folks who want a traditional looking Iron Man for their Avengers display when Avengers figures/movie start rolling out, while HT takes its time getting the Mark VII done right.

I can't imagine they would produce just a handful for this promotion, but that's also a possibility.

wait so is this going to go out on retail or is this just a contest? cause some replies are saying that "they are so buying a Mark VI" and i was literally just scoping ebay for a Mark VI...

I wonder if this one will have the battle damage options?

If it didn't it wouldn't be the same figure would it, they'd have to actually make the non BD plates sculpted into the suit so they cant be removed. So to answer your question yes this will include the BD parts. Pretty sure you can see in the picture the right bicep is BD as well.

Last edited:
This is what ToyHunters released on Facebook an hour back:

美國漫畫超級英雄電影《復仇者聯盟》將於4月26日盛大上映!為隆重其事,Hot Toys 首次與百事可樂合作,送出46套1:6珍藏人偶,包括: 《復仇者聯盟》: (神盾局)指揮官尼克、特別版《復仇者聯盟》: Mark VI 及《美國隊長: 復仇者先鋒》: 美國隊長 (每日2名)。
由即日起至4月19日內購買Pepsi / 7UP / Mountain Dew產品滿HK$15,將單一收據上的交易日期,時間及香港身份證號碼頭4個字(包括英文字母)SMS到 (852) 66222962登記,贏取獎品,先到先得!
欲了解更多活動資訊,請瀏覽 www.facebook.com/7uphk
條款及細則:

1. 遊戲日期:2012年3 月 28 日至4月19日, 每日晚上11 時 59 分前
2. 遊戲方式:每日首1、2名成功發送短訊的參賽者,即有機會贏取《復仇者聯盟》Mark VI 1:6珍藏人偶 或《復仇者聯盟》「神盾局」指揮官尼克1:6珍藏人偶或《美國隊長》1:6珍藏人偶1款。每日首3、4 、5 、6名成功發送短訊的參賽者有機會贏取《復仇者聯盟》3D戲票 2張
3. 珍藏人偶的款式將依次序送出,得獎者不得選擇
4. 每人參加次數不限 ,惟每張有效電子收據正本只可登記1 次
5. 收據日期必須為 28/03/2012 – 19/04/2012,影印本無效
6. 參加者必須保留已登記之電子收據正本以作核對及領獎之用
7. 得獎者將獲SMS通知領獎
8. 如得獎者未能出示有效電子收據正本,其得獎資格以將會被取消
9. 主辦單位有權拒絕處理任何已遭損壞,懷疑偽造或不合乎規格的電子收據正本
10. 如有任何爭議,百事公司及大昌華嘉香港有限公司保留是次活動之最終決定權

Google Translation:

American comic book superhero movie "Avenger Alliance" will be a grand release on April 26! To mark the occasion, the Hot Toys for the first time with Pepsi, sent 46 sets of 1:6 collection of dolls, including: "Avenger Union: the (Aegis Bureau) Commander Nick, Special Edition" Avenger Union: Mark VI captain America: Avengers Pioneer: captain America (2).

From now until April 19 to buy Pepsi / 7UP / Mountain Dew product over HK $ 15 on a single receipt transaction date, time and the Hong Kong identity card numbers of head 4 characters (including letters of the alphabet) SMS (852) 66222962 registration and win prizes, first-come-first-served basis!

For more event information, please visit www.facebook.com/7uphk

Terms and Conditions:

1. Game Date: 28 March-19 April 2012, at 11 pm each night 59 minutes before

2. Game modes: the first 1,2-participants of the successfully sent SMS, a chance to win the "Avenger Union" Mark VI 1:6 collection of dolls or "Avengers Union" Aegis Bureau Commander Nick1:6 collection of dolls or "Captain America" 1:6 collection of dolls (1). Daily the first 3, 4, 5, 6 successfully sent SMS participants have the opportunity to win the "Avenger Union" 3D tickets for two

3. Style collection of dolls will be sent in descending order, the winners may not choose

4. Per person to participate in an unlimited number of times, except per valid e-original receipts can only be registered 1

5. The receipt date must be 28/03/2012 - 19/04/2012, photocopy invalid

6. Participants must retain the original receipt for the purposes of verification and award of the registered electronic

7. The winners will receive SMS notification to accept the award

8. If winners can not produce a valid original copy of the electronic receipt, the award-winning eligible to be canceled

9. The organizer reserves the right to refuse to deal with any had been damaged, suspected counterfeit or non-compliant electronic original receipt

10. Case of any dispute, PepsiCo and DKSH Hong Kong Limited reserves the right of final decision of the event

Well I know the translation doesnt really make sense but it does mention Special Edition" Avenger Union: Mark VI

Anyone ?

You need to live in Hk and buy Pepsi/ 7UP/ Mountain Dew to participate. Yes the Mark IV mentioned above is from The Avengers movie, not Iron Man 2.

Re: *Speculation* HT Iron Man Mark VI (Avengers Alliance Special Edition)

This might be good news for me. I have been pricing a Mark VI lately.

Same here man! I have been looking for one. I hope this is true, I'll buy this Mark VI.

I think it will be the first brown Iron Man in history!

They'll call it CHOCOLATE MILK IRON MAN. It will look perfect next to SE WM!

:nana:

It's about time HT put out some more IM products. :yess: I was getting afraid the Sucker Punch dolls might ship this year.

tumblr_lqdmkh6r0O1qzeohd.gif

This is on FB now

Plastic Enemies talks about the next Obscura Magazine :

"This coming issue Obscura Magazine will have great features about Hot Toys, not Milk... Please stay tuned."

"This issue will introduce The Avengers event, but no interview. Next issue will have Hawkeye and the new version of Iron Man, and the next issue again will have DX10..."[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back