*ToyHunters - Press Release* HT Iron Man Mark VI (Avengers Alliance Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier, I don't have Mark VI. So I am very much looking forward to getting this.

I'd actually like to see the 'racing gear' Tony Stark from IM2 get made.

Full Grand Prix outfit - helmet, 'Stark' embossed, the works, & a beat up head to go with it. :cool:

I thought this was just a promotional thing? That this wasn't actually getting released widespread but could be won?

Very few sets made is how I read it- promo, yes? Contest? Why a selling price?

Well in the US for tax purposes they have to list a value because if it's over a certain value certain taxes have to be paid. Maybe it's their suggested value of the item for similar purposes?

I thought this was just a promotional thing? That this wasn't actually getting released widespread but could be won?

I think this is similar to the campaign they have a while ago with Barney Ross. They have promotion to go with the movie, but will also be accepting PO at toy hunter as well

On a HK magazine scan, the retail price for this is $1150hkd, and comes With the tony stark sculpt that came with the mark IV.

It really is a new low. I mean T-800 DX was bad, but this?! They have essentially taken the "clean" MK VI body and popped the Mech Test head on top of it. The only difference I can make out is a repaint, but my eyes are probably just playing tricks on me again.

Oh and to make people actually want it, they produce 16 lighted bases with the Avengers logo.

It really is a new low. I mean T-800 DX was bad, but this?! They have essentially taken the "clean" MK VI body and popped the Mech Test head on top of it. The only difference I can make out is a repaint, but my eyes are probably just playing tricks on me again.

Oh and to make people actually want it, they produce 16 lighted bases with the Avengers logo.

lol what do you mean to make people want it? Hot Toys haven't made anyone do or think anything. They've created a limited number of a special edition of this version of Ironman and the only way of getting it is winning a competition, they're not asking you to buy it because it's not available to buy

As for the other version like every figure out there Hot Toys are doing nothing more than putting it out there on the market, they're not making you buy it

^figure of speech, calm down.

I guess I missed the part where you have to win a competition. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back