Toy Soul 2015 photo and teases catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BvS ones looked disappointing for some reason.

Agreed...and all I wanted was a Batman to accompany Sups in my all Marvel display...he feels lonely. Looks HT is going the Arkham Bats way...

Edit: maybe not...cant tell if its a body with suit or rubber...:dunno...but he looks chubby in the last pic.

Chubby? What is with people. He looks, shocker, human. The way clothing is depicted in comics and toys and statues just isn't the way it would naturally drape in a real life person. A large man would look pretty much like the figure. The muscles are not sculpted into the prototype suit. He's also supposed to be mid 40s.

Chubby? What is with people. He looks, shocker, human. The way clothing is depicted in comics and toys and statues just isn't the way it would naturally drape in a real life person. A large man would look pretty much like the figure. The muscles are not sculpted into the prototype suit. He's also supposed to be mid 40s.

Easy man...its just an observation of a prototype. Don't have to get all defensive about it...next to Sups he looks chubby, that's it.

Updated first page

The flyer is an ad for next years new con. This year they had the avengers 1000% show. Next year they are doing a BvS

I think maybe the issue with Batman is when you look at Affleck you can see that he's not "straight" body wise, he has wide shoulders/chest but still has definition in his waist and I'm not even talking about having abs. There should still be a slight "triangle" shape but in this prototype you don't see it, that's all.

That's a better description then fat or chubby. Both of which are silly. He's not hanging over his belt with a gut. He doesn't have a muffin top.

He's thick. Becuase the actor is thick. You lose some of that definition with layers. And a cape. And a cowl. I think it's great that he looks like a real person.

I def don't think he's fat or chubby. I think the legs look a bit short too but I remember Vision had that same issue early on.

And it's just a prototype. Batman is suppose to be a muscular guy, and since they seem to be loosely basing this on The Dark Knight (comic not movie) then it's pretty good.

The contrast between superman and batman is on purpose. Superma a supposed to be this pinnacle...this near God like figure. The pretty boy. And he's supposed to be younger. Batman a supposed to be this older angry human. Almost like a thug. Back alley brawler. He's not supposed to be this perfect physical specimen. Maybe when he was younger. But not after twenty plus years as the bat. As he aged he lost speed. He made up for it with strength. Like I said, brawler.

The short legs is a fine critique. Even the shoulders may be to narrow(though it's done on purpose like I mentioned). The chubby and fat thing though...

Alright, so my two biggest wants in terms of reveals and pictures for Civil War on the Toy Soul show floor are of Black Panther and hopefully Sharon as well. Oh and I can't wait to see the new head sculpt for Natasha. I think her hair in this movie is so far, the definitive hairdo for Nat in all the movies.

Agreed- most HT waist lines are human-impossible- ALL of the IM figures for Stark are impossible...most of the human figures are idealized forms...
think final product will be just fine..

More body shaming.

And he ate a hamburger????? My goodness no!!!!! Stupid.

Back