Toy Soul 2015 photo and teases catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Civil War design just boring, any line from BvS definitely instant purchase. Deadpool is just perfection but maybe skip

SW stuff looks cool, Rey and Fin just awesome but no money to spare.

The only vehicle I'd ever consider buying would be a 1/6 Batmobile, but there hasn't been one yet that I like the look of enough to purchase. I like the 1940's - 1950's style Batmobiles, the ones that had the long bubble domes, the batwing fins and the giant bat-head battering rams.

For me, I think the best bet on dioramas would be various generic "rubble." Pieces of street, destroyed signs, etc. Some companies have made 'em in limited quantities.

They always could go with a backdrop with floor pieces, like the church in AOU would be like that. They did just the Falcon cockpit, maybe something like that? As for specific bikes and stuff, what if they just designed their own, like they do with the guns....slightly recognizable but not exact replicas of any real weapon as per Disney's decree, from what I've heard - might have been on here. I just think there's possibility if they could do something that's decent in cost for them AND us, and cool enough to make people want to buy it.

I have to say I was surprised with the CW Iron Man Power Pose pre-order today....$189?? With $344 War Machine...which is unGodly silly. No way in Hell that's worth it to me when there are much cheaper and better choices out there no matter how cool the new WM looks. Guessing the CW Iron Man MMS will be about that price too...so there goes that idea. Just have to stick with the Mark VII, and pick up the rest of the Avengers that I can before Infinity Wars and it's massive crossover brings us a million figures to drool over, develop twitches for and ultimately sell our organs to buy.

J

I have to say I was surprised with the CW Iron Man Power Pose pre-order today....$189?? With $344 War Machine...which is unGodly silly. No way in Hell that's worth it to me when there are much cheaper and better choices out there no matter how cool the new WM looks. Guessing the CW Iron Man MMS will be about that price too...so there goes that idea. .

J

Although I think the price of War Machine is high (just like all 1/6 these days), the price of the Power Pose being much lower makes sense. It has very little articulation (only the head and arms). It's almost a statue...

Yeah, I can see the MMS CW Iron Man figure(s) go for closer to $400. They seem to be steadily creeping up to that. But they're going to eventually price themselves right out of buyers. Hell, the ¼ Iron Man is a little over $400!! When a 1/6th scale figure is almost as much as a ¼ scale, that's price gouging in my eyes. It's getting tougher and tougher to keep up with the figures collector's want - people aren't made of money, especially now-a-days! I doubt they want just the higher end collectors being the only customers they have. Bad enough the bottom level price has gone up from the $180s to the $220s, but to keep raising the price on figures like Iron Man when they have 40+ versions of the same character, just different armour designs to do is a bad idea. It used to be feasible for me to try and get all 40+ suits, but now - with the price hikes - I'm down to just going for the couple essentials a year and that's it. 2016 is looking like CW Cap and Movie Deadpool and that's it. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to snag one more Avenger from my list to complete the team. I'm also looking to get decently priced "generic military soldiers" as bad guy cannon fodder for the Avenger Diorama Display I'm currently starting work on. But even those I'll be lucky if I can get 1 or 2 after getting CW Cap and movie Deadpool. I don't wanna spend Hot Toys prices on them, but I don't want to get really crappy ones either. Somewhere in the "looks decent, doesn't cost an ear or a duodenum". Ya' know?

J

Back