Toy Anxiety 1:6 Custom Brainstorm Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy Anxiety

Super Freak
Reaction score
As Toy Anxiety delves further into the world of custom heads and accessories, we want to give you a specific place to suggest, request, discuss, what 1:6 items you would like us to produce and/or commission. Obviously many licensed properties are a No Go, but feel free to discuss them as it's all about the brainstorming.

We are also going to use this thread to post pictures and information about the items we're developing, and when they become available. There are several customs we currently have available on our site including printed items, head sculpts, clothing and sculpted accessories with more to come. We also get some custom accessories and past head sculpt commissions in trades for which we also sell in this section. You can visit our 1:6 Scale Custom section here.

Lastly, we'll use this as a hub to direct you to specific threads such as our Max, Tallahassee and Clark threads. We're commissioning heads for each of these figures, and are producing several accessories that would work well with them.

We really hope you take advantage of this thread to communicate your thoughts and ideas as we hope to grow our custom offerings and want to try to create what you're looking for.

Thanks as always, your pals at Toy Anxiety!

So many of my ideal 1/6 figures have been getting made lately its actually tough to think of whats missing. Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Die Hard.

The few things that come to mind are comedies, since there not likely to get picked up by any major licensors.

Blues Brothers, Fear and Loathing, Big Lebowski, these are some projects I'd really like to see.

So many of my ideal 1/6 figures have been getting made lately its actually tough to think of whats missing. Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Die Hard.

The few things that come to mind are comedies, since there not likely to get picked up by any major licensors.

Blues Brothers, Fear and Loathing, Big Lebowski, these are some projects I'd really like to see.

Yes, many properties are getting covered, and I agree comedies and such have not gotten as much attention as they deserve, so that is something we'd like to see covered more too. Regardless of the properties that have been done, there are many accessories that may not exist for such properties. That's what we're looking for. Example; maybe all those people that got Spenser's Doc & Marty want a hoverboard. That's what we're looking for in accessories. Likewise, we're very interested in general non licensed items. For example, we're doing the Banjo for Tallahassee from Zombieland. Sure it's as seen in the movie, but the Banjo doesn't "say" Zombieland. It's not a licensed item, and safe for us to produce in larger quantities.

Take the accessories we're making for Max. You put them all together, and sure it's obviously for Mad Max, but individually, they're just generic items that could be used for other projects.

I have also created a new Coffee Mug, which we'll be able to cast up and offer with many different logos such as Initech from Office Space or #1 Boss for The Office, etc. The possibilities are endless with a simple coffee mug. Sure they exist in other forms, but this one's a different design than others I've seen, and we get to make them so it's cheaper. I'll post pictures of that mug soon.

Clothing and cloth items are another option, though not too elaborate yet. For example, we produced a Grim Reaper robe, which sold out quick (more to come). We're going to make Tallahassee's V-Neck t-shirt, but then we can reproduce this shirt design in all different colors and styles. We're going to make neckties with patterns on them such as Clark Griswold's from Christmas Vacation. Any specific ties needed? These are what we're looking for.

Maybe we won't be able to commission full blown characters, but at the very least, we can help with some of the accessories. BTW HUGE Blues Brothers fan here, but not sure if/when that will happen. There is another commission we've got in the works that you may be excited about if you're looking for someone in comedy. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• serpentor154s.jpg
    serpentor154s.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • serpentor1.jpg
    serpentor1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • dest.jpg
    dest.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • commander.jpg
    commander.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 10
BTW, if you suggest something and don't get a response, that doesn't mean I didn't pay attention to it. I'm going to add each and every suggestion to a list for which I can review from time to time for ideas.

The B-team classic + movie......Cannonball, MR B (BA LUBRACUS), lace and burdock... (Just in case not using the real names of the characters, show or TV)

Wild West Figures and Accessories. Not enough Western Figures.

I would have loved an authentic likeness of the real Jesse James to go with my Six Gun Legends.

Another thing in short supply - a charcoal overcoat like the one from the Bullet Ballet set by Triad Toys. A really well-made overcoat in that style would get my money, and that set is hard to find, it seems.

- Farscape
- Battle Beyond the Stars
- Andromeda [rest of cast not done by BBi]
- Spaceballs
- a series of "tough guy" sculpts suitable for various genres {ie: William Smith, Richard Jaeckal, James Coburn, Jack Palance, Aldo Ray...}

13zuwrm.jpg

I could really use a pair of those glasses. Nothing else on the 1/6 market is good enough for my liking.

I would love to see some of the torches they use on Lost, also some plain, clear water bottles... I can never seem to find any!

Since you're already working on Riggs it would be really cool to offer Murtaugh as well. Kind of pointless having one without the other.

Ditto :goodpost:

Except that Spenser already did a Danny Glover head sculpt. We need to be able to sell enough heads to justify the cost of the commission. The Riggs is happening because it's just a modification from the Max sculpt.

Jack Burton... Stay tuned :wink1:

Back