Today Only! - $25 Off Coupon Code on SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all retailers are pre-sold out. sideshow is now listed as sold out. within a couple of weeks, this item will ship. at that point, the wait listers are recalled from cancels and declines. may come back for sale, may not. depends how many wait listers there are.

There's still several e-tailers with stock, I think sideshow is just pulling a Loki. He'll come back in stock again before it ships.

Figures. Just PO'ed Hot Toys Tony Stark 2 days ago n used the May 5th (or whatever it was) promo code for $20 off. $5 is $5! :slap

Thus far this has been worthless for me. I couldn't use with Malgus. Had to spend $100 so couldn't use it for Truetype. I think I've already POed everything else I wanted but should probably doublecheck. $25 is $25 after all.

i didn't order from sideshow, i ordered a hot toys figure. obviously a $25 off coupon was never meant to be used because it arrived after i ordered somewhere else. just not clicking with sideshow was the point of the post. what are you, the follow up police making sure every internet statement is adhered to? why not get your own life? mine is tired of you. :pfft:

Lol, you are a huge baby.

it would be pretty stupid of them if they cancel the pre orders, most of them are people who were not going to order the figure... people are using it on Tony Stark and IP, $260 and $310 figures, and they don't get free shipping, so basically sideshow is giving 10% off on these (or less) which other retailers already offer. Remember sideshow has these marked up about 40-50% over their cost. they are still making lots of money even if they accept this coupon and when is the last time a figure was ACTUALLY sold out??? they say sold out or waitlist and then it appears a few weeks later and stays available for months.

Okay I couldn't pass on using a coupon :panic:

POd the iron man pps1. I told myself to pass on that whole line, but a $150 iron man figure (with shipping) was too hard to resist and now I have one from the new film without having to pay $310 for the die cast.

Boy, the Sideshow sales reps are going to have their work cut out for them when they cancel all these preorders...

Why would they cancel the orders? I'd imagine they'd just inform people that their coupon codes are being removed and leave it to people to cancel the orders themselves, wouldn't they?

So if Sideshow start to cancel the coupons when can we expect to see our coupons being cancelled?

As far as I am concerned if the code worked on a PO then Sideshow should do the right thing and honor it, otherwise, it just looks like they are being greedy. They are so afraid they are going to miss out on a few bucks. It's a measly $25 discount for pete's sake.

There's still several e-tailers with stock, I think sideshow is just pulling a Loki. He'll come back in stock again before it ships.

who? i scoured around and only found the MVII at the CMD Store in canada. maybe you should give the guys looking for one a heads up if you know of one.

So if Sideshow start to cancel the coupons when can we expect to see our coupons being cancelled?

every discount coupon i've ever set up for a website allowed the ability to cherry pick the stock you'd like to use it for. anything else comes up 'coupon not valid'. why on earth wouldn't sideshow set up the coupons like this in their checkout?

every discount coupon i've ever set up for a website allowed the ability to cherry pick the stock you'd like to use it for. anything else comes up 'coupon not valid'. why on earth wouldn't sideshow set up the coupons like this in their checkout?

Exactly and like I said earlier, if the code worked during check out then it should be honored. Why should a collector be penalized because Sideshow didn't have the use of code set up properly in their shopping cart application?

I have never had sideshow cancel an order of mine that I used a coupon with, including a couple pre-order ones.

However, I did have them send me an e-mail once saying they removed the free shipping from an order because I used a coupon and they put the order on hold until I replied if I wanted to keept he order or not (I didn't because it was a $15 coupon and shipping was $12, :pfft:)

I once actually had them give me free shipping when I used a coupon.
I think the best way to use them is on the flat $10 shipping items because a lot of those would normally be $15+ shipping to me.

So far no emails from Sideshow regarding using the discount code on my Tony Stark PO. Maybe they are letting those orders slide.

So far no emails from Sideshow regarding using the discount code on my Tony Stark PO. Maybe they are letting those orders slide.

They won't catch it until they start processing the order. Then, as stated many times before, they'll send you an email stating the promo wasn't for that item, and would you like to keep or cancel your order.

Back