TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you both! I'll keep a look out at Walmart for these 2 packs.

I don't understand these walmart and target exclusives that NECA and McFarlane are doing. It's such a pain.

Correct, first release was SDCC 4-pack exclusive, second release was GameStop single releases, now there are Walmart 2-packs, that somehow seem to only hit select Walmarts because you see photos on Twitter all the time but it seems like everyone here always runs into bare empty Walmarts that hardly have NECA at all, let alone the Turtles. I do believe the turtle packs were briefly offered through the NECA store when they first came out, but NECA seems to feel like the Walmart release is working just fine, they are sadly mistaken, hopefully all the complaints and bare shelf photos will get them to put them up on the store again.

Reinhardt,

The other main difference to keep in mind is the SDCC four pack had a ?Tile Game Pizza? box and pizza slices. However they are including the pizza accessory and many other deep cut accessories from the movie in the TMNT Movie accessory set releasing this summer. That set was available for preorder though on NECAs website. If you are able to get any of the single carded figures or the two packs they are the exact figures as the SDCC set. Probably a little better since there were reported issues with the Nunchuck ropes and weapons being overly fragile.

Toy collecting sucks right now, it?s not only TMNT, it?s gi joe, transformers, hot toys, shf figuarts, don?t forget soul of Chogokins haha, FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both! I'll keep a look out at Walmart for these 2 packs.

I don't understand these walmart and target exclusives that NECA and McFarlane are doing. It's such a pain.

They do the exclusives because Playmates (TMNT) and Mattel (DC) hold master toy licenses and don't want to play nice with others in the sandbox, so the work around for NECA is to release to select venues, it deals with the overall license restrictions so they can put stuff out, the down side is, these stores suck at keeping product out and collectors outside of the hot zones gets screwed.

Correct, first release was SDCC 4-pack exclusive, second release was GameStop single releases, now there are Walmart 2-packs, that somehow seem to only hit select Walmarts because you see photos on Twitter all the time but it seems like everyone here always runs into bare empty Walmarts that hardly have NECA at all, let alone the Turtles. I do believe the turtle packs were briefly offered through the NECA store when they first came out, but NECA seems to feel like the Walmart release is working just fine, they are sadly mistaken, hopefully all the complaints and bare shelf photos will get them to put them up on the store again.

They do the exclusives because Playmates (TMNT) and Mattel (DC) hold master toy licenses and don't want to play nice with others in the sandbox, so the work around for NECA is to release to select venues, it deals with the overall license restrictions so they can put stuff out, the down side is, these stores suck at keeping product out and collectors outside of the hot zones gets screwed.

Maulfan! I haven't posted here in ages, and it's nice to "see" some familiar faces from way back when.

Aaah, ok, that makes sense. Yeah, my Walmart / Target are definitely not near any hot zones.

Maulfan! I haven't posted here in ages, and it's nice to "see" some familiar faces from way back when.

Aaah, ok, that makes sense. Yeah, my Walmart / Target are definitely not near any hot zones.

I know, always good to see a fellow veteran, hell, you're still rocking the sig I made you years ago.

It's really a shame, at the very least, my Targets are decent for NECA, just not NECA Turtles, but no Walmart around me has had anything more than a half dozen figures of any kind and it's been aliens mostly, I saw one Kong recently.

I get the why of these deals with Target and Walmart, but Walmart especially blows at being a mass option. Target at least usually puts stuff on their site, if Walmart would do the same this would be better.

Today?s Haul.

a03ab1c601f4a2034158b69487ac8f09.jpg

1 set of the movie turtles - sold

1 set of the movie turtles - pending

1 super shredder secret of the ooze - available

1 super shredder shadow master - available

1 super shredder shadow master - sold

Today?s Haul.

a03ab1c601f4a2034158b69487ac8f09.jpg

1 set of the movie turtles - sold

1 set of the movie turtles - pending

1 super shredder secret of the ooze - available

I will take a Shadow Master Super Shredder.

I just got the 1/4th toon raph. He?s amazing in person. Absolutely in love with it. Probably the best toon turtles out

I just got the 1/4th toon raph. He?s amazing in person. Absolutely in love with it. Probably the best toon turtles out
Same here. I don't even want to take him out of the box. He sold out quick on BBTS. I definitely PO'd Donatello which I can't wait for along with Michaelangelo and Leo.

I have the individual carded movie turtles so I keep talking myself out of the 2 packs. Are there any differences other than the bandanas?

My local Walmart has 10 Shadow Master Super Shredders, four Leo and Donny movie 2-packs, and one Mikey and Ralph movie 2-pack.

Let me know in the next half hour if you?d like me to buy and ship any of them for you. I?d only charge you the cost of the figures plus tax and shipping.

Back