TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked their site. You have to pay up front for all four crates at once? That?s ********.

I understand why NECA does these stupid deals with these dying retail
Chains like Target... at least dying in the brick and mortar sense, not that you have any better luck actually being able to purchase these figures online either. But it?s These partnerships with these absolute nonsense companies like loot crate that make no sense for me.

That site was an absolute mess to purchase anything off of because it?s clearly not meant to handle actual e-commerce business of any kind. And now I have to wait for this banged up shoebox to arrive with a bunch of buttons and pins and other garbage nobody wants just to get a figure.

I have only interest in Scrag and Danny but I do get why anyone would have interest in the others. The way I looked at it as I put 200 bucks down and in time I?m going to sell the figures I don?t want and those stupid buttons and other junk and hopefully walk away with getting those figures for free.

Makes up for the absolute gouging I?ve had to endure for almost every other one of these figures the only way I have a snowballs chance of getting them on eBay or Mercari.

I just ordered all 4 crates because I really want that Scrag, Danny and probably Dark Donatello. I'll just sell the other crates since
I have no interest in the Arcade or Mirage sublines.

I was kind of the opposite. Hard to please everyone! I ordered all four because I wanted Scrag (bat version) and Armaggon. I wasn't sure if I could get them any other way. Will likely sell Danny and mutant Shredder. I will wait to see what Dark Donny looks like before I decide to keep him or not. I am hoping the other loot in the crates is decent!

But it?s These partnerships with these absolute nonsense companies like loot crate that make no sense for me.
It makes perfect sense, considering NECA bought Loot Crate about a year and a half ago. Getting figure collectors to pay extra for a few cheap mystery items they don't want is just more profit for them.

That site was an absolute mess to purchase anything off of because it?s clearly not meant to handle actual e-commerce business of any kind.
So it's just like The NECA Store when they do their SDCC pre-orders?

regarding the lootcrate boxes, for international orders, does anyone know if it's "only" $40 for shipping or if there is additional shipping costs afterwards?

Also if anyone bought the first series and can tell me if they all came together or one by one, did you got Customs fees, ... thanks :)

regarding the lootcrate boxes, for international orders, does anyone know if it's "only" $40 for shipping or if there is additional shipping costs afterwards?

Also if anyone bought the first series and can tell me if they all came together or one by one, did you got Customs fees, ... thanks :)

I'm in the US but they came individually, didn't have to pay additional shipping for each box or anything, just the initial charge.

Both forms of Scrag.

EvfnPQhXMAMueyT

EvfnPQBXUAAa4zk

It does look cool but not worth getting all 4 crates for

Agreed. Such a shame they include a new character this way. No way I?m spending $220 up front for a bunch of crap I don?t need. I only collect the cartoon figures.

Thing is he’ll easily be going for that or more alone after he ships. You should very easily be able to recoup most if not more than you’d pay for the 4 crates by selling them off as they come. You’d think after Spirit of Splinter people would pick up on that and buy the crates. But same thing happened with the first sub of crates and a couple of bunnies are going for a couple hundred now. So I suspect this round won’t be any different. Many will balk at the price tag of the 4 crates but Scrag will go for $300 very quickly.

And we have to remember at least they’ve been putting obscure characters and variants in the crates. None of these are must haves. It’s not like they are putting the only version of a main character in the crates. This is a place where variants like Mighty Hog could go or some lesser new characters, like Scrag. Heck, human Bebop and Rocksteady would be another couple of good choices for these crates. Fun to have but not must haves.

Back