TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are the preorders already up at NECA? I know you have to pick them up in person, but how does one secure an order?

I couldn't resist and picked up the Turtles Set from an eBay member going to SDCC for $200.00 I'd kick myself if I wasn't able to get in on these even though I feel that the typical NECA way is to ensure that there is no other way to get the figures we want and then somehow magically find a super amazing loophole and make them available to the public. Happened with Keaton Batman and I still think that it will happen here. But given my own insecurities, you can't mess with my Ninja Turtles they are still are my favorite and I must have them haha :blissy

Bad news for anyone wanting any NECA SDCC Exclusives....

necafaqsdcc.jpg

https://thenecastore.com/pages/sdcc-2016-exclusives-faq

The Shredder above is not part of the set and was never produced. It's a NECA prototype that wasn't ever released.

Well, thats how the deal is. For now. Pretty sure there is something hidden in the back. Maybe Playmates is giving up the licence in 2017 and they are not allowed to talk about? I have read that these are limited to 3000 per set. I honestly cannot believe that they will sel out at SDCC.

Ha! On that I disagree. This will be a total sellout

No kidding. Three thousand sets divided by the purchase limit of 2 is only 1,500 people. There are well over 100k attending SDCC and I can tell you that there are lot more than 1,500 scalpers there. They all bring their friends and family and buy the max limit of everything. It doesn't matter what it is. Then you add in all the TMNT fans who will want this and there's no chance this thing doesn't sell out. I'm just hoping eBay prices drop to a more reasonable level.

If you ever notice on Twitter whoever runs it always talks about "tooling" & being cost effective. I don't believe they would produce these in such a limited quantity unless there is a plan to release them in the future in some way.

Back