TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got through reading IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 on Comixology.com. I really enjoyed the art! It would be cool if we could get figures based on the IDW Turtles. Or something like the Mirage Turtles from a few years ago that were never released. I just think it would be nice to see another comic interpretation of the Turtles. I missed out on the Neca Turtles. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 25th_Turtles__scaled_800.jpg

Whew, so much to catch up on!

Really not liking the Bay Movie figures, but I didn't expect to, especially after the first movie set photos leaked. But you always have a seed of hope in the back of your mind...

Not too sure what to think of the 90s turtles. They're...not what I expected at all...it seemed like that proto Leo was moving in the right direction but these new pics seem leagues away....they might be a skip for me.

Has anyone else been having trouble with the second wave of 11" Nick figures? I saw Dojo turtles at a few Targets, grabbed a Ralph, and now don't see them anywhere. All the Targets and TRUs are restocking with the first wave. I'm wondering if I missed out or if they creep back in at some point?

So any word of them restocking the classic retro ninja turtles? Depending on who you talk to at Toys R Us, they say more will come in for the Spring but who knows... I just want to pay decent price for them rather than shelling 150.00 for all four. The other day I got the Turtle Party Wagon for 40.00 bucks along with the last splinter!!!

Not sure on the retro figures, but my guess is when the 90s turtles come out, they will also put out more bebop and rocksteady as well. Not sure they will do the original classic turtles though; more competition for the 90s.

Regardless I am picking up the classic Turtles set (already ordered) and if 90's get a release I will get those too. Would look pretty nice on two shelves, having both sets.

Remember to give the nunchuku a wax or spray a clear coat on the chains because from what i see almost all chains on toys will rust over time.

Yes, I'm probably in the minority. Raph was always too serious for me, Mikey is my favourite. Also the nunchuku is an awesome weapon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I would really wanna avoid bootlegs, not because it hurts the business or bad qualities, but most of the time you don't know what materials & paint they use, it could be lead, some toxic recycled plastics etc. Unless it's coming from original factory backdoor, or some well knowned 3rd parties or quality recasters (both which you pay a premium for), i would try to stay away from bootlegs.

The weapons. Mikey's nunchucks aren't equal length and also the red paint looks like it could easily come off.

My local comic store still has retro turtles. $20 or $25 each. Bepop and rocksteady too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I bought the classics figures AGAIN (I bought them last year and I opened them) Anyway, I want to keep these new ones in the box and display them with it. However, I notice that Michelangelo has a spot on the nose. Should I return the figure? I think the spot can come off, but I'm not sure and I wanted to keep this one in the box.

Are they restocking the classic retro figs?? I bought the turtle party wagon and it needs their turtles. I saw the toys r us having a section dedicated to retro figs/classic but they were completely sold out and was nothing there, maybe they plan to stock them soon or something? Anyone know anything yet?

I haven't picked any of the classic figures up yet but I might get the movie figures. My only complaint is Leo's expression is sort of weird. Hopefully we get movie Splinter and Shredder too.

Leo's expression is straight from the part where shredder is about to stab him in the neck. I guess they didnt want a plain look for leo since he is pretty calm throughout the movie. They gotta show them teeth one way or another. Except on mikey who has a smily face.

As for the Mikey with the nose spot, I suppose you could return him if there is a better one available. Around here there are NO turtles, the retro AND classics have been out of stock for about 6 months now. I personally would keep Mikey, lol, but I am biased because we don't have anything here. And that's with 4 TRUs. Pffft. I've only seen both BB and RS once, and by themselves without the other twice. After that, desert-city.

I'm still bummed I can't find the Dojo turtles. They are on Amazon but in the $30s. :/

I would say hold on to the Mikey and wait to see if your local store ever restocks them and then do a return or exchange. I know that's what a lot of people did when they saw Donnie's derp eyes. Last time I saw the classics was when Bebop and Rocksteady were released. One week they were all there, the next week they were all gone and haven't seen them since.

As for the Mikey with the nose spot, I suppose you could return him if there is a better one available. Around here there are NO turtles, the retro AND classics have been out of stock for about 6 months now. I personally would keep Mikey, lol, but I am biased because we don't have anything here. And that's with 4 TRUs. Pffft. I've only seen both BB and RS once, and by themselves without the other twice. After that, desert-city.

I'm still bummed I can't find the Dojo turtles. They are on Amazon but in the $30s. :/

I would say hold on to the Mikey and wait to see if your local store ever restocks them and then do a return or exchange. I know that's what a lot of people did when they saw Donnie's derp eyes. Last time I saw the classics was when Bebop and Rocksteady were released. One week they were all there, the next week they were all gone and haven't seen them since.

Thanks for the advice :wave

Anyone looking for this set I have one available. Leo, Don, Raph are MIP and Mikey is loose. PM me if you are looking for these at a decent price. I will sell them idividually

Back