Time Travel question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intruder04

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know many of us fantasise about time travelling and it might even be possible in the not-so-distant future. I've always wished to go back in time to undo all the wrongs I've done but there's always one question that bugs me.

If we travel back in time, for eg. to correct a mistake that we did, it would imply that we are changing our history. In other words, we are setting things right and by doing so, we are altogether eliminating the need to travel back cuz nothing ever went wrong. Thus creating an anomaly. Do you guys know any way outta this?? :dunno

It's kindof a paradox. Tine-travel can be a mind **** :lol

If you change an event for your otherself and it works then you should vanish and cease to exist but your otherself will continue and not need to come back in time

If we travel back in time, for eg. to correct a mistake that we did, it would imply that we are changing our history. In other words, we are setting things right and by doing so, we are altogether eliminating the need to travel back cuz nothing ever went wrong. Thus creating an anomaly. Do you guys know any way outta this?? :dunno

tumblr_m0sxxkXqrF1qcwhkeo1_400_zps0d7889f2.gif

hold on.................back in a bit & i'll let you know...........
Napoleon-Dynamite-fs21.jpg

This should help explain.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8PYFweQVE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8PYFweQVE[/ame]

This is more of a fantasy and defeats the purpose of life. You learn from experience, and mistake, so turning back to change it would mean you're diluting it. Kinna like second hand experience, doomed to repeat your mistake; and you're being told what to do by your own self.

I suppose the mundane way to go is to financially elevate myself like by investing in apple stocks. If anything, I would be doing more wrong and bad than before. Not criminally bad but a more smarter bad.

I know many of us fantasise about time travelling and it might even be possible in the not-so-distant future. I've always wished to go back in time to undo all the wrongs I've done but there's always one question that bugs me.

As soon as I get back, I'll let you know.....

wm_doc_brown_house_delorean_car_copy.4y4bnr86ka4o4cogo808804g8.bs5ta3qbusggw484oswskggs8.th.jpeg

no matter how small, any change made in the past effects the future in some way. therefore the need to change a problem would still be there although maybe not for the reason. nothing is full proof, nothing is 100% guaranteed.

lolll...how old are you and how much time in a day do you spend thinking about those things? lolll:cuckoo::slap

no matter how small, any change made in the past effects the future in some way. therefore the need to change a problem would still be there although maybe not for the reason. nothing is full proof, nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Indeed, a Twilight Zone episode taught me this. :lol

I don't know, but if you think about "Back to the Future" it's kind of like Marty killed off his family to replace them with better versions of themselves when he altered the past. The family that he left was entirely different than the one that he came back to. They were poor and unsuccessful, but when he returned that reality ceased to exist and they were replaced with a rich and successful family. Therefore, all of the experiences that they had with Marty probably would be different as well, and that would make them a different family and complete strangers to the Marty who traveled to the past.

This is more of a fantasy and defeats the purpose of life. You learn from experience, and mistake, so turning back to change it would mean you're diluting it. Kinna like second hand experience, doomed to repeat your mistake; and you're being told what to do by your own self.

I suppose the mundane way to go is to financially elevate myself like by investing in apple stocks. If anything, I would be doing more wrong and bad than before. Not criminally bad but a more smarter bad.

:goodpost: Well said Green.

Trying to change the past is like trying to stop the tide from coming in, you might stop some but there's always more and it's endless.

And I'd probably end up in jail at least once... maybe twice... :lol

Why U Deserve?
1014635_t_zpsd9359f6b.gif

It's kindof a paradox. Tine-travel can be a mind ****

If you change an event for your otherself and it works then you should vanish and cease to exist but your otherself will continue and not need to come back in time
Exactly. But if the time-travelling 'you' ceases to exist, it'll defeat the purpose entirely. Changing an event means the other self won't think of time-travelling cuz nothing's wrong in his timeline that he feels he should correct :panic:

Nod_zps96a69c8a.gif

hold on.................back in a bit & i'll let you know...........
Napoleon-Dynamite-fs21.jpg
:rotfl

As soon as I get back, I'll let you know.....

wm_doc_brown_house_delorean_car_copy.4y4bnr86ka4o4cogo808804g8.bs5ta3qbusggw484oswskggs8.th.jpeg
:lol

The perfect test subject.

It helped....a bit.

I time travel all the time, you guys don't?
So, did you kill your original self??

I wouldn't use time-travel to specifically use it for financial gains.

I know. And I swear that I won't change much of my history :D

lolll...how old are you and how much time in a day do you spend thinking about those things?
Old enough. Roughly 4-5 hrs a day.

If I could travel back in time I wouldn't have bothered to post in this thread.
Adding to my friend's list in about.......some time!

If it was ever possible, we would know about it by now.
I know already. Just ironing out the irregularities and apparel. :wink1:

I don't know, but if you think about "Back to the Future" it's kind of like Marty killed off his family to replace them with better versions of themselves when he altered the past. The family that he left was entirely different than the one that he came back to. They were poor and unsuccessful, but when he returned that reality ceased to exist and they were replaced with a rich and successful family. Therefore, all of the experiences that they had with Marty probably would be different as well, and that would make them a different family and complete strangers to the Marty who traveled to the past.
Continuing on the same, if the time-travelling Marty corrected his family, the other Marty would get a perfect family and would never ever think of going back in time to fix anything, thereby creating a paradox.

Last edited:
lolll...how old are you and how much time in a day do you spend thinking about those things? lolll:cuckoo::slap

You are asking this question on a toy forum? Also, someone who collects statues of the Hulk is asking it? Come on now.

Back