Time for an answer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am!! I don't give a crap what clothes he's wearing, he's still Pippin, and that statue shows how he's progressed into a little soldier! Looks better than the fellowship Pippin Weta sculpted but never released.
I hope with the new maquette line SS do a fellowship Pippin and a Merry in Rohan armour :lecture

Something I've said for a long time with the Pippin statue and stand by it with any member of the Fellowship. They are the Fellowship no matter what they wear.

Something I've puzzled about in the past is whether SS ever checks the secondary market sales of previously released SSW & SS items? If they did, they would see how well the SSW Bilbo Baggins, Meriadoc and Sam & Bill The Pony statues (plus the Bilbo and Merry busts) sell on Ebay.

I don't have the Frodo PF because I wasn't at all happy with the face. That has nothing to do with the popularity of the character or of all hobbits! I think that maybe the place where the little guys are unpopular is at SS.:(

I have the Frodo PF, it's mostly the paint apps on the face that hurt him a little, everything else is great.

The funny thing is, what SS should really do, is make a great Bilbo PF, I have a feeling that would sell very well. Follow that up with a just as great Sam PF and your way more likely to then get Merry and Pippin and have them sell. At the end, they really just need to nail the quality, without the price being too much.

A knock-out, excellent Bilbo PF for under $250 would easily sell.

I have the Frodo PF, it's mostly the paint apps on the face that hurt him a little, everything else is great.

The funny thing is, what SS should really do, is make a great Bilbo PF, I have a feeling that would sell very well. Follow that up with a just as great Sam PF and your way more likely to then get Merry and Pippin and have them sell. At the end, they really just need to nail the quality, without the price being too much.

:lecture
I could not agree more.

Great idea!!:clap

Something I've puzzled about in the past is whether SS ever checks the secondary market sales of previously released SSW & SS items? If they did, they would see how well the SSW Bilbo Baggins, Meriadoc and Sam & Bill The Pony statues (plus the Bilbo and Merry busts) sell on Ebay.

I don't have the Frodo PF because I wasn't at all happy with the face. That has nothing to do with the popularity of the character or of all hobbits! I think that maybe the place where the little guys are unpopular is at SS.:(

Nope, they were very unpopular when the SSW line started as well. So much so that SSW refused to release the "shire" Pippin schedule for release in year one. Even though the original releases were un-numbered I was told by a pretty good source that only about 500 of the original hobbits were ever produced. Even with such a low ES and low retail price they took forever to sell out.

I agree that this will be entirely a Vote with your Wallet situation, and no matter the exclusive that another Hobbit PF may come with, I will order directly from Sideshow to show my support for the Hobbits.

I know people prefer villians or the "Action Hero" characters, but I think done correctly, the Hobbits can be just as popular in this line.

Hey if SS threw a Sam EX up tonight I'd vote with my wallet. If they are that concerned with selling out stock quickly they should implement deposits to make sure they don't overproduce.

And who the heck wouldn't love a Billbo??? Cmon? With each of these heads--

war69t.jpg

2h31jj7.jpg

They have more or less said that they would complete the fellowship in this new upcoming maquette line. How can they say with certainty on that line but not on the PF:slap

The devil is in the detail as you have pointed out with the 'more or less' comment. :wink1:

They just 'might' come through for those of us who want the Fellowship in PF and I still think they might.

Keep putting the questions and requests for Fellowship in Pf to SSC and you never know :dunno

They have more or less said that they would complete the fellowship in this new upcoming maquette line. How can they say with certainty on that line but not on the PF:slap

They are focusing on the heroes with the maquette line and the villains with the PF line.

PF collectors want the fellowship completed. I will be extremely disappointed if i see the maquette line get the fellowship completed before the PF.

They are focusing on the heroes with the maquette line and the villains with the PF line.

Eh. The baddies are simply easier. Likeness on a slimy blood covered Uruk-Hai is a little easier than Orlando Bloom for example. They are much larger and visually stunning, and have more menacing action poses. They are more popular it doesnt mean they got preference.

Based on the preview though I think Gandalf the Grey is going to be the new standout piece of the PF line. As it should be!

I won't buy any villains in the PF line--I'm only interested in the heroes. So I hope that they don't tip the scales too far in favor of the bad guys.

PF collectors want the fellowship completed.

This is the #1 reason I cancelled my LoTR PF preorders and never tracked down an Aragorn, Lurtz, or Frodo. Once Sideshow announced that the 12" line was "on hold" I didn't trust Sideshow enough to start buying the PFs.

An incomplete Fellowship = FAIL

I am inclined to agree, but fortunately with all the previous LOTR pieces I have been able to piece one together; sans a Pippin. :impatient:

Well, perhaps it is sales and marketing. New statue line, Aragorn Strider being the first, so make a promise or assurance to complete it will encourage people to buy into the line early. Then a year or two down the road, still no hobbits or Gimli just like Legendary Busts. I think it comes down to making money, it is a sales decision. I disagree with this, why not just make the item and make it a very low run like 50 to 100? I wish they would do this, but past history shows that this does not happen. I think the only time they came through was with Pippin Statue in Weta line. Anyone remember the petition I started for that statue? I would have preferred a fellowship Pippin, but I think they came out OK with the Gondor Pippin. I know it took them a while to sell out on this Pippin, so they did it for the fans. Maybe if everyone expresses their feelings, they will come through on the PF. I wish people would want the legendary busts completed too.

Back