Tim Russert Died...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know the name but i recognise his face from Foxtel and 58 is way to young to leave the world.RIP.

yea tim russert was the man, knew his politics and by all accounts a genuinely nice guy. fair and honest and pretty much even handed across the board. he left some mighty big shoes to fill.

I really liked Tim Russert a lot. He was fair but always asked the hard questions, a man of wit and great intelligence.

News of Mr. Russerts's death hits pretty close to home.

My own father who is 58 years old suffered a massive heart attack 4 days ago.

5 heart stents later he is back home, and feeling better.

He was pretty lucky and arrived at the hospital quickly.

Thank god he will be with us to spend this Father's Day (and with a new outlook on his heath) and many more.

58 is too soon to go.

Thank god he will be with us to spend this Father's Day (and with a new outlook on his heath) and many more.

58 is too soon to go.

Wow, that's scary stuff! Glad to hear he's recovering and doing well. :duff

Godspeed to your father... and I'm sure Sunday will be extra special now.

And, yes, 58 is far too young. My Dad is 66.

Damn that is scary.

My Dad's 54 so it hit me but thats even more close to home. I don't know how I would handle loosing my Dad. Not right now.

Wow, that's scary stuff! Glad to hear he's recovering and doing well. :duff

Godspeed to your father... and I'm sure Sunday will be extra special now.

And, yes, 58 is far too young. My Dad is 66.

Sunday will be special indeed!! Thanks for the kind words.

Damn that is scary.

My Dad's 54 so it hit me but thats even more close to home. I don't know how I would handle loosing my Dad. Not right now.

I know what your saying Josh.I'm pretty close to my father. Before this episode he was in pretty good health. The attack came out of the blue. I really feel for people who lose a loved one before a special holiday. I couldn't imagine losing my father right at Father's Day,etc. Every year having it rubbed in my face.....He was smart to not wait around for the pain to subside, for that is the reason half of all heart attack victims don't make it.

Very lucky. I hope for a very speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with ya.

Sorry to hear about Mr. Russert. The man had the guts to not just ask softball questions.

Orbiting, I hope your dad recovers quickly and completely.

I lost my dad 17 years ago and it feels like yesterday so tomorrow is a little bittersweet for me but I would like to offer some perspective from my experience.
I suggest to you guys that you take an hour and imagine where you think your life will go. What kind of big events will be in it. Jobs, marriage, kids, etc and then imagine what life would be like during these things without your father. It wasn't until after I lost him that I realized how many things I would have liked to ask him about, so while you have the opportunity, ask him about those big things, about the little things. Get as many anecdotes as you can, find out who he was when he was young, find out the things that shaped him into who he is. Get him on video during holidays, or better yet, set up a camera and just record yourselves as you talk and interact. God, I would love to hear my parents voices again.
Anyway, you have an opportunity to ask all those questions that no one ever asks because you don't think of asking until its too late. And most of all, never leave angry.

And everyone enjoy your fathers day, if you are a dad or if you're just hanging with your father. I'm taking my kids to see Kung Fu Panda.

58 is too soon to go.

Sorry to hear about this. My dad died one yr ago on July 1st at 71. Be so thankful for everyday. I was blessed to live near my Dad(by choice we stayed near him, along with my brother and two of three sisters). I had many lunches and the grandkids had many afternoon icecreams with him. I lost my Mom when I was 22 to complications from triple bypass in 96'. It has made me so thankfull for my kids because of the things that have taken place.

Thanks again guys for the kind sentiments.

Anzik and Dwing, I'm sorry for your loss especially today.

My dad is very important in my life and it's going to be devastating the day he or my mother leave.

And Anzik I totally agree about everything you said, people can learn alot if they just take the time to ask because you might not have the luxury of time.

My dad's got 45's of his parents sending messages back and fourth while my grandfather was stationed in the South Pacific. We later had them professionaly cleaned up and burned to cd's.

My grandparents shot movies, but there is no audio just shaky ass camara footage....funny stuff though.

I would visit my grandmother (my mum's mother) once a year when I moved back to the East Coast. Unfortunatly, she was the only grandparent who I got to have an adult relationship with. I accumalated five visits worth of video before she passed away and made eveyone in the immediate family a highlight dvd of my visits with her. I gave them out after the funeral. It seemed to help some of them cope to hear her distinctive voice again.

Someone in the family always records events, and I end up doing the editing and sending out the copies.

Being able to hear and see a loved one captures more of someone's essence than a photograph ever could.

It's a great idea!!

Back