Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was thinking. In Iron man 1 Nick fury tells Tony he isn't the only superhero out there and makes him join the avengers. However tony seems to be the only hero out there now since Cap is frozen and thor is in asgard and spidey is a kid and the rest are......who knows. So yea who the hell is he referring to? Maybe it doesn't matter anymore since that was only the first movie in the franchise and I guess they thought they could use Tobey spidey and Xmen and FF back then.

LOL! Btw JL might open less than Thor at the BO. This is some twilight zone shiz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be insane if that really happened.

So I was thinking. In Iron man 1 Nick fury tells Tony he isn't the only superhero out there and makes him join the avengers. However tony seems to be the only hero out there now since Cap is frozen and thor is in asgard and spidey is a kid and the rest are......who knows. So yea who the hell is he referring to? Maybe it doesn't matter anymore since that was only the first movie in the franchise and I guess they thought they could use Tobey spidey and Xmen and FF back then.

Hulk and I believe Cap was already thawed when Tony was recruited.

Damn Evilface be schooling Wez on MCU.

These are the end of days lol

LOL! Btw JL might open less than Thor at the BO. This is some twilight zone shiz

Watch MOS last night just 'coz it was on. Re JL *shrug* guess some of the BO may be folks feelin' like I do - e.g., at the end of CW, was dyin' to see where the story goes next.

Still am. So a *bit* of goin' to Thor and even Spiderman - a bit - is that these are more chapters in a story I'm invested in.

Vs., at the end of MOS, BvS etc. I didn't feel invested. Didn't feel much of anything except LOL BvS "why is this movie so dark all the time? And fuzzy-looking?"

JL could have been a game-changer (the way Homecoming got folks over the Spiderman-movie-saturation), but if WB didn't care enough to gear down, spend some money to make the movie the best it could be w. real sets etc (even back off the release date), then guess WB is happy if it makes a little profit with what has been called in reviews an "Avengers imitation":dunno. Marvel rolled the dice w. Spidey (series reboot) and Thor (indie director), and won. Sux for DC fans and the characters tho:(

But China seems to be a big market and loved JL, so FINANCIALLY guess it's ok as far as WB is concerned.$$$$

Watch MOS last night just 'coz it was on. Re JL *shrug* guess some of the BO may be folks feelin' like I do - e.g., at the end of CW, was dyin' to see where the story goes next.

Still am. So a *bit* of goin' to Thor and even Spiderman - a bit - is that these are more chapters in a story I'm invested in.

Vs., at the end of MOS, BvS etc. I didn't feel invested. Didn't feel much of anything except LOL BvS "why is this movie so dark all the time? And fuzzy-looking?"

JL could have been a game-changer (the way Homecoming got folks over the Spiderman-movie-saturation), but if WB didn't care enough to gear down, spend some money to make the movie the best it could be w. real sets etc (even back off the release date), then guess WB is happy if it makes a little profit with what has been called in reviews an "Avengers imitation":dunno. Marvel rolled the dice w. Spidey (series reboot) and Thor (indie director), and won. Sux for DC fans and the characters tho:(

But China seems to be a big market and loved JL, so FINANCIALLY guess it's ok as far as WB is concerned.$$$$

Actually i think highest DC movies go on China is about 50 mil i could be wrong. Also the budget of JL was pretty high. So imagine having a budged double of Thor and opening less than Thor damn. They have 3 weekends to make money.doesnt look good. With all the bad press this movie is getting im still "excited" to see it. Id like to believe its better than bvs and the end to zacks trilogy. Looking forward to aquaman solo and mos2. Watching this tonight with a bunch of friends. This is gonna be interesting

I wonder how this will rank at the box office after the JL release today and tomorrow

I definitely see this and JL making the most bank for the Thanksgiving weekend..then of course after Dec 15 and TLJ releasing, everything gets kicked to a curb :lol

Actually i think highest DC movies go on China is about 50 mil i could be wrong. Also the budget of JL was pretty high. So imagine having a budged double of Thor and opening less than Thor damn. They have 3 weekends to make money.doesnt look good. With all the bad press this movie is getting im still "excited" to see it. Id like to believe its better than bvs and the end to zacks trilogy. Looking forward to aquaman solo and mos2. Watching this tonight with a bunch of friends. This is gonna be interesting

Well, they could make out in the home view and license market. Total theater bombs have ended up turning a profit in the long run just 'coz of disk sales and all that.
Just from seeing the trailer in a high end theater - well, no matter what the reviews are, I'd suggest folks going to JL opt for the 3D IMX or whatever. IMO the movie looked better there than online trailer views. Like the overblown shots and colors work better.

Except my first view of Ragnarok was close to the screen. And definitely for JL, I'd sit towards the back. Bein' up front for JL w. all the red/orange colors and flashing was kind of like being thrown up on, a little. BP trailer was awesome tho.

Well, they could make out in the home view and license market. Total theater bombs have ended up turning a profit in the long run just 'coz of disk sales and all that.
Just from seeing the trailer in a high end theater - well, no matter what the reviews are, I'd suggest folks going to JL opt for the 3D IMX or whatever. IMO the movie looked better there than online trailer views. Like the overblown shots and colors work better.

Except my first view of Ragnarok was close to the screen. And definitely for JL, I'd sit towards the back. Bein' up front for JL w. all the red/orange colors and flashing was kind of like being thrown up on, a little. BP trailer was awesome tho.

I always sit dead center, back row to every movie I see

Center of the front row for me.

*I hate sitting in the very front row but I usually do on opening night so that way I don't have to worry about some jerk sitting directly in front of me. :lol

Back