Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 80's was the home of great action films.. But man it had it's fair share of stinkers... Cobra anyone?? Commando is great cheese but it's really not a very good film.

I actually can't stand Commando. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. Like the '48 Hours' music though. But I remember when Predator came out I was like 'is this Arnold's new look'? He looked exactly like John Matrix, camo paint and all.

The 80's was the home of great action films.. But man it had it's fair share of stinkers... Cobra anyone?? Commando is great cheese but it's really not a very good film. !!

Quiet, you!!

Cobra is a national treasure. It should be taught in schools so that boys can learn how to be real men and eat pizza properly.

It took me 30 years to finally come around to appreciate Commando but it has to be the directors cut.

Cobra lulz

I know that Nighthawks has some fans but I ain’t one of them.

Can’t stand Running Scared or Sharkey’s Machine either.

I also think that Lethal Weapon is overrated there I said it.

No Red Dawn?

I have not watched that since the 80's... I would have to again to give a honest opinion.. I was never a fan back then.. I may like it more now.

It took me 30 years to finally come around to appreciate Commando but it has to be the directors cut.

I also think that Lethal Weapon is overrated there I said it.

There is a Director's cut of Commando???

As for your Lethal Weapon Comment.. That makes me feel all

giphy.gif

I actually can't stand Commando. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. Like the '48 Hours' music though. But I remember when Predator came out I was like 'is this Arnold's new look'? He looked exactly like John Matrix, camo paint and all.

Back when I was 14 I liked it. Even though I thought it was nothing but a Rambo rip off.. It got worse and worse with repeat viewings.

Back in the late 80's My friends and I came up with a phrase that describes a film like Commando. We called it "The Commando Effect" That is when you watch a movie the first couple of times and love it... But each time you watch it after that it just gets worse and worse until you finally see it for the film it is... Other films that had this effect on me are

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Rocky 4 (that will ruffle some feathers I bet)
Rambo 2... While not awful it is far from the cinematic brilliance I thought it was the first few times I watched it

Now that does not mean that I still can;t find some enjoyment.. They are just mot the films I thought they were and they just got worse and worse with repeat viewings and not worse because I liked it as a kid but watched it again as an adult.

I agree with your Rocky 4 assessment.

Also Gremlins and Ghost Busters yuck.

Commando is definately not his best but it’s ok and has some iconic moments of his career.

Commando is definately not his best but it’s ok and has some iconic moments of his career.

I have a hard time ever watching more than a few minutes of Ghostbusters but I still love Gremlins and Rocky IV will probably forever be a guilty pleasure.

Wow.. Ghostbusters?? I mean I have a hard time watching it because I have seen it so much but I still think its a very good movie.

Gremlins is hard to watch also... But I would not put it there with Rocky 4 or Commando. It;'s too well made for the "Commando effect"

I have a hard time ever watching more than a few minutes of Ghostbusters but I still love Gremlins and Rocky IV will probably forever be a guilty pleasure.

I can live with Rocky 4 as a guilty pleasure.

I love Rocky 3 though because Mr. T was a brutal under appreciated cinematic villain.

Plus it has Thunderlips and Stallone's heart tugging reaction to Mickey's death.

Rocky 3 rules!!!

Rocky 1,2 and 3 are all quality films with Rocky 1 being easily the best IMO. Mr. T was Awesome!!!

Rocky 4 and 5 are trash

Rocky Balboa was pretty decent

Creed was very good.

Back in the late 80's My friends and I came up with a phrase that describes a film like Commando. We called it "The Commando Effect" That is when you watch a movie the first couple of times and love it... But each time you watch it after that it just gets worse and worse until you finally see it for the film it is...
Commando is a tongue-in-cheek film.
Please, don't tell me that you came up with a movie term out of frustration of not understandin' Commando...
I can only take so much whathefokkery! :lol

Back