Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) I really noticed using Immigrant Song twice - great song but IMO on second view kinda telegraphed *cheapness* or something. Like "we didn't want to pay for the license for something else":dunno. Some of the music I liked - re Odin and some to me seemed to be imitating Dr. Strange and - IMO annoying. Kinda weird because I think the details in the landscapes and sets is pretty off the charts.

2) I'm in love with Valkyrie. Great character. That's a surprise. LOL

1. THAT IS HOW I FEEL ALSO ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID
2. I told these guys ever since the trailer debuted Back in April, Valkyrie is hot.

The Mcu for me feels a bit weird without Edward Norton.... many people forget to include the incredible hulk as MCU canon. I talked to two random people at comic book shops who their timeline completely skipped IH. [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Jye was right... I didn't care for Thor 3. I wanted to like it. I really thought I would. But alas, like GOTG2, in the end it just didn't do much for me.

It was funny, had some LOL moments, but like GOTG2 it felt like the entire Hulk/Thor sequence was originally a 15 minute gag about rescuing Hulk that somehow turned into the better half of an entire movie. An extended segue. Thus cleaving the Hela storyline in half.

Hela was OK. Sexy. Wicked. But nothing great. And her demise was silly. The whole ending was silly. And surprisingly dismal if you give it second thought. Hardly a feel-good ending for a movie that's true popcorn at its best. This felt like two ideas mashed together in development of the IW storyline. Again, like GOTG2, I didn't feel I needed to see any event in this movie to learn anything new nor gain any insight for what is to come. It added nothing to the lore.

And what happened to Asgard? It was realized so beautifully in the original Thor -- a place that I really wanted to visit -- and now it looks cheap and hollow and has lost the cobalt-blue twilight sky and golden city-scapes that were so impressive. Its like they cut way back on their effects budget for this one. Everything looked cheap.

I was most impressed with Tessa Thompson, who had just the right smirk on her face throughout. She's a welcome character to the bunch. Loki is... Loki... again... and again. I get tired of his encores, likeable as Hiddleson is. Rocky Korg was simple humor at its best, one note as he was. Goldblum is always great and almost always misused. He felt so out of place here. Like Goldblum visited the set one day and they quickly threw a costume together for him -- borrowing Snoke's gold robe -- and said "Jeff, do your Jeff thing and just don't say Apartments.com". I can't decide if he or Benecio would win "most out of place" actor in a Marvel movie.

I think I laughed hardest when Anthony Hopkins said "Oh ****" when Thor first showed up. But I did laugh a lot. It's just that I didn't walk away with the pleasure that usually accompanies it.

The movie felt like Guardians of the Galaxy :dunno Maybe the humor and color palette? I was waiting for Starlord and his cohorts to pop in at any scene.

Well, Jye was right... I didn't care for Thor 3. I wanted to like it. I really thought I would. But alas, like GOTG2, in the end it just didn't do much for me.

It was funny, had some LOL moments, but like GOTG2 it felt like the entire Hulk/Thor sequence was originally a 15 minute gag about rescuing Hulk that somehow turned into the better half of an entire movie. An extended segue. Thus cleaving the Hela storyline in half.

Hela was OK. Sexy. Wicked. But nothing great. And her demise was silly. The whole ending was silly. And surprisingly dismal if you give it second thought. Hardly a feel-good ending for a movie that's true popcorn at its best. This felt like two ideas mashed together in development of the IW storyline. Again, like GOTG2, I didn't feel I needed to see any event in this movie to learn anything new nor gain any insight for what is to come. It added nothing to the lore.

And what happened to Asgard? It was realized so beautifully in the original Thor -- a place that I really wanted to visit -- and now it looks cheap and hollow and has lost the cobalt-blue twilight sky and golden city-scapes that were so impressive. Its like they cut way back on their effects budget for this one. Everything looked cheap.

I was most impressed with Tessa Thompson, who had just the right smirk on her face throughout. She's a welcome character to the bunch. Loki is... Loki... again... and again. I get tired of his encores, likeable as Hiddleson is. Rocky Korg was simple humor at its best, one note as he was. Goldblum is always great and almost always misused. He felt so out of place here. Like Goldblum visited the set one day and they quickly threw a costume together for him -- borrowing Snoke's gold robe -- and said "Jeff, do your Jeff thing and just don't say Apartments.com". I can't decide if he or Benecio would win "most out of place" actor in a Marvel movie.

I think I laughed hardest when Anthony Hopkins said "Oh ****" when Thor first showed up. But I did laugh a lot. It's just that I didn't walk away with the pleasure that usually accompanies it.

giphy.gif

Until Avatards.

You think that people will still be invested in something that came out in 2009? I just don’t see it gaining back all the hype it once had. I mean it brought 3d back so what else can it do?

The only thing that will capture lightning in a bottle again for Avatar 2 will be if it introduces the world to glasses free cinema 3D!

That is my hunch for all the delays.

2nd guess would be 8K cinema.

Because jye is invincible. I seriously wish I had his ability to tolerate a theatre audience three nights in a row. :lol

2 quick stories.

1. I sat thru Transfomers 4 (long movie btw) TWICE in one day in a theater, wife’s fault as usual lol. Not a LOTR marathon but Transformers 4 yikes!

2. Lastnight at Thor 3 during the final 5 minutes of the movie this dude was sitting with his girl diagonally behind me and he had one of those strong sneezes that burst out so fast that you don’t have time to cover your nose. Well his snot landed ontop of my head lolololol. He apologized lol. Yay for stadium seating. :lol

2 quick stories.

1. I sat thru Transfomers 4 (long movie btw) TWICE in one day in a theater, wife’s fault as usual lol. Not a LOTR marathon but Transformers 4 yikes!

2. Lastnight at Thor 3 during the final 5 minutes of the movie this dude was sitting with his girl diagonally behind me and he had one of those strong sneezes that burst out so fast that you don’t have time to cover your nose. Well his snot landed ontop of my head lolololol. He apologized lol. Yay for stadium seating. :lol

I made the mistake of seeing TF4 in theatres when it came out... that was my second worst theatre experience ever as I had a severe migraine. :lol Hope you had a long shower after that guy snorted on you.

PotC5 is the only movie that I was able to stomach seeing more than once in theatres this year (glad I did as my second viewing was probably my best theatre experience ever). Thankfully the audience for Pirates movies isn't anywhere near as big as the Marvel audiences, LOL.

You think that people will still be invested in something that came out in 2009? I just don’t see it gaining back all the hype it once had. I mean it brought 3d back so what else can it do?

Who you kidding? Avatar is gonna make a billion dollars. ..the trailers alone will bring back the hype

Avatar was not a good movie. The only reason why people saw it repeatedly was because of the hype based around it's digital effects and 3D. Every movie now has these effects, so I doubt it will do as well as the first.

Back