Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But isn’t she a warrior within fighting her cancer as if it’s an enemy and not just fighting it but she wants to kill it just like it wants to kill her.

You’re neglecting a core part of her story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that Brubaker bringing Bucky back as a robotic killing machine was sacrilegious and Cap sucked in that storyline. The "Civil War" miniseries was even worse. Yet they both translated to two of the best superhero films of all time. So Jane Foster Thor could still be awesome in Waititi's hands.

As far as her being worthy well in the context of the MCU she did play a big role in Thor himself sacrificing himself and earning the worthy mantle so I could see the hammer considering her to be not too far removed from him. I kind of hope Hemsworth is absent (keep him in GotG) because Portman is awesome when she plays off an older actor (The Professional, Beautiful Girls, V for Vendetta, The Other Woman) but for some reason doesn't seem to have much chemistry with men her own age.

I’m still assuming they will veer off from her comic origins and somehow incorporate the fact that she had an infinity stone coursing thru her blood.

Well yes but if there was a movie about you facing the entirety of the Third Reich armed forces and defeating Hitler himself and then a follow-up movie with you dodging pickpockets in Madison, Wisconsin I'm not sure that I as a member of the audience would be as invested in the outcome of the latter. ;)

They would be if it was done really, really well. :lol

But seriously...sometimes I like pizza, sometimes I drink a green smoothie. I maintain that not every story has to be cataclysmic to be interesting.

But isn’t she a warrior within fighting her cancer as if it’s an enemy and not just fighting it but she wants to kill it just like it wants to kill her.

You’re neglecting a core part of her story.

So what, Jane Foster is going to go around and use Mjolnir to destroy cancer? That movie sounds stupid. :p
Dealing with cancer is a natural desire to continue living, anyone going through it will do the same, that doesn't make you a warrior. Everyone that struggles in life even if the situation is dire, are not called warriors unless they're soldiers or the police. That means to me at least, you must deal with physical confrontation to be considered a warrior.
And Jane wanting to destroy her cancer is self-serving, Mjolnir is used to protect others, it's useless in her hands.

If Hollywood was faithful to the comics, then you wouldn't have had your MCU. The Tony Stark in comics was very different from Robert Downey Jr.'s version. Now, they've changed the comic character to be more like the MCU counterpart, which I think is a good decision. I liked some of the Iron Man books but the character came across as a bit bland.

From those that have read the Foster female Thor comics, the reviews have been mixed, it might benefit from being rewritten.

I get your point, but disagree. In my opinion, Tony is (for the most part) a well-educated yet cocky a**hole in the comics...And he’s a well-educated yet cocky a***hole in the MCU. lol

Downey Jr. embodied the character so well. That’s why it he was successful and why Iron Man took off the way it did, in my opinion.

As for Jane-Thor aka The Goddess of Thunder, she takes up the mantel of Thor to protect the nine realms because Odinson wasn’t worthy anymore. Meanwhile, she’s battling cancer and every time she wields Mjolnir, she dies a little more until it kills her. You can’t change that story for the better. That’s obviously my opinion, but you can’t alter those core elements to her story. That’s what made her character so unique. Take that away and it’s not Jane Foster’s story anymore, which brings me back to my original point.

The millions of people who read these comics love these characters for a reason. There’s just some details that don’t need be rewritten by Hollywood.

I’m still assuming they will veer off from her comic origins and somehow incorporate the fact that she had an infinity stone coursing thru her blood.

Honestly, that sounds about right. lol

Please don’t give Disney any ideas.

Damn, I just remembered they haven't done anything with Lady Sif, Jaimie Alexander would be great as Thordis!
(I refuse to call her Thor, there's only one Thor).

So what, Jane Foster is going to go around and use Mjolnir to destroy cancer? That movie sounds stupid. :p
Dealing with cancer is a natural desire to continue living, anyone going through it will do the same, that doesn't make you a warrior. Everyone that struggles in life even if the situation is dire, are not called warriors unless they're soldiers or the police. That means to me at least, you must deal with physical confrontation to be considered a warrior.
And Jane wanting to destroy her cancer is self-serving, Mjolnir is used to protect others, it's useless in her hands.

I didn’t explain it well.

When she is using mjolnir she’s also fighting her disease which exacerbates her illness even further but she remains committed to her responsibility even though it’s killing her which in my eyes makes her very heroic but that’s me.

Or this could all stem from whatever multiverse shenanigans that'll happen with Doctor Strange.

I get your point, but disagree. In my opinion, Tony is (for the most part) a well-educated yet cocky a**hole in the comics...And he’s a well-educated yet cocky a***hole in the MCU. lol

Downey Jr. embodied the character so well. That’s why it he was successful and why Iron Man took off the way it did, in my opinion.

As for Jane-Thor aka The Goddess of Thunder, she takes up the mantel of Thor to protect the nine realms because Odinson wasn’t worthy anymore. Meanwhile, she’s battling cancer and every time she wields Mjolnir, she dies a little more until it kills her. You can’t change that story for the better. That’s obviously my opinion, but you can’t alter those core elements to her story. That’s what made her character so unique. Take that away and it’s not Jane Foster’s story anymore, which brings me back to my original point.

The millions of people who read these comics love these characters for a reason. There’s just some details that don’t need be rewritten by Hollywood.

Foster Thor never had millions of readers, not even close. In fact her run sold thousands fewer copies than the Stracynski run that preceded it.

Only the first issue sold well (though still much less than the first issue of the previous run) and then sales dropped like a rock after that.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...r-is-selling-so-poorly-compared-to-s-1657314/

They would be if it was done really, really well. :lol

:lol :lol

But seriously...sometimes I like pizza, sometimes I drink a green smoothie. I maintain that not every story has to be cataclysmic to be interesting.

As I've said before I'm not boycotting new films or anything, hopefully they continue to be entertaining. I just see them as being forever separate from the Infinity Saga at least for me.

:lol :lol

As I've said before I'm not boycotting new films or anything, hopefully they continue to be entertaining. I just see them as being forever separate from the Infinity Saga at least for me.

There is NOTHING else they’re going to create that will ever surpass the first 22 or be as original as seeing The Avengers coming together because here on out it’s all just a repeat scenario.

Jane Thor: Already had Thor!
Eternals: Already had Thanos!
X-Men and F4: Already had them since 2000!
Blade: Already had him since the 90’s!
Large scale threat: Really...Really...REALLY!

Do you suppose she will possibly wear an outfit similar to that? :naughty

I doubt it.

I want to see this on the big screen. :rock

238439a45a1f7c65d898bf1c583a310c.jpg

There is NOTHING else they’re going to create that will ever surpass the first 22 or be as original as seeing The Avengers coming together because here on out it’s all just a repeat scenario.

Jane Thor: Already had Thor!
Eternals: Already had Thanos!
X-Men and F4: Already had them since 2000!
Blade: Already had him since the 90’s!
Large scale threat: Really...Really...REALLY!

Lol on any attempt at a large scale threat from here on out. :lol

A good FF movie (I hope the Krasinski/Blunt/Efron rumors are true) and costumed Wolverine are the things I'm looking forward to the most but I could just take those as self-contained films. I don't really care if they interact with Falcon Cap, Lady Thor, or Gay Valkyrie, lol.

Lol on any attempt at a large scale threat from here on out. :lol

A good FF movie (I hope the Krasinski/Blunt/Efron rumors are true) and costumed Wolverine are the things I'm looking forward to the most but I could just take those as self-contained films. I don't really care if they interact with Falcon Cap, Lady Thor, or Gay Valkyrie, lol.

Gay Valkyrie. Would be a cool superhero name. How about Gay Captain Marvel? They could do their superhero landing on each other.

Foster Thor never had millions of readers, not even close. In fact her run sold thousands fewer copies than the Stracynski run that preceded it.

Only the first issue sold well (though still much less than the first issue of the previous run) and then sales dropped like a rock after that.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...r-is-selling-so-poorly-compared-to-s-1657314/

I never said Jane Foster Thor sold millions. I was referring to Marvel characterS in general - I was just illustrating the point that they’re really popular. lol

I have no idea how many issues of the 2014 Jane Foster Thor run sold, but even after seeing your link, I’d still say for argument’s sake that issues involving her character have sold into the millions. The 2014 arc was a 30 issue run - that link from what I read only talked about the first 5 issues. Then you have crossovers like Secret Wars in addition to TPB collections too.

She’s definitely not an A-lister but obviously, the writers felt she has stay power to continue her character in some capacity which brings me to my original point: A lot of people like her. Hollywood wouldn’t be interested in her if she wasn’t.

How hard can it be? She gets to wear a masked helmet. Mostly covered up with cape and skirt. No doubt some cgi too.

Back