This stuff is addicting.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm becoming an addict. There's nothing like taking that styrofoam out of the box of a new collectible and pulling off that Sideshow stamped lid. I don't even have room for all of these things, but yet crave more. :thud:

Too many awesome collectibles, too little time/room/money.

Welcome to the jungle... I'll advise you right now, do NOT get into customizing, you'll be broke by tomorrow.

It's addicting and very expensive, customizing or not if you don't manage (pick and choose) your purchases you'll go broke.

By the certain scammers?

060_andy_pettitte--300x350.jpg

i agree. Iv been collecting alot more in the last year and i have spent a fortune. Problem is the figures, busts ... keep getting beteer and better

Welcome to the jungle... I'll advise you right now, do NOT get into customizing, you'll be broke by tomorrow.

Yes! I made the mistake of starting and now if I'm not picking up the latest new figure from Sideshow or Hot Toys I'm buying parts to make a custom. It's never ending for me. UGH!!

i agree. Iv been collecting alot more in the last year and i have spent a fortune. Problem is the figures, busts ... keep getting beteer and better

And THAT my friend is why I'm trying to stick to just 1/6 figures. I've almost crossed the line to statues a couple times. Really wanted the SnakeEyes v. Ninja diorama, Jim Lee Superman and Batman statues, and the War Machine Bowen to name a few.

And THAT my friend is why I'm trying to stick to just 1/6 figures. I've almost crossed the line to statues a couple times. Really wanted the SnakeEyes v. Ninja diorama, Jim Lee Superman and Batman statues, and the War Machine Bowen to name a few.

:exactly: , some statues are SO tempting, but I prohibit myself to pick one up, don't want to open that door :p

Customs are a messy game. I was fully into them until one custom I took up on these boards almost two years ago without still having the completed project. I don't want to speak ill of the deal but what it showed me is that I don't have the patience or the time for them, so I just stick with what is mass produced.

It would take something really big to get me back into that customs game like a Back to the Future Marty and Doc by Trevor Grove (hint...hint).

Yeah buying customs has been very hit or miss for sure. I've had 4 great experiences and 3 crappy ones. If they'd only mass produce more of the figures I want then I wouldn't have to take my chances with the customizers

Back