Things I Love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you treat other people is a reflection of how you treat yourself
That's some pseudointelectual bull crap tho. :lol

Treat others the way you want them to treat you.
It has absolutely nothing to do with how you treat yourself, otherwise this "civilized" world wouldn't consist mostly of egocentric scum.

However you treat other people is a reflection of how you treat yourself.

hqdefault (5).jpg

So in this case, what does he do? Force other people to eat themselves to the point they can't move unassisted, and live off the gubmit?

But it’s not only feminists though. There are plenty of women out there that aren’t feminists—they just don’t have any manners. They’re self-absorbed and think they deserve better treatment because they’re female and don’t think they have to treat others the same way—even other women. There’s not another group on this planet that hates women the way that women do.

And there are plenty of men that don't have manners and treat others badly. That's the way of the world now. Manners aren't taught at home or at school anymore.

I have held doors for men and have had men literally knock me out of the way to go through a door first. Rudeness isn't gender specific.

And there are plenty of men that don't have manners and treat others badly. That's the way of the world now. Manners aren't taught at home or at school anymore.

I have held doors for men and have had men literally knock me out of the way to go through a door first. Rudeness isn't gender specific.

Truth.

Of course rudeness isn’t gender specific, but chivalry is considered to be so. You stated chivalry is dead, and you weren’t talking about what women do for men. I’m arguing that if it is, women have certainly contributed to its death because of their lack of manners and attitude toward the men that are still trying.

What a whiney bunch of sooks. Sounds like the sweaty gym locker room of a team that just lost a game to a bunch of teenage girls.

Of course rudeness isn’t gender specific, but chivalry is considered to be so. You stated chivalry is dead, and you weren’t talking about what women do for men. I’m arguing that if it is, women have certainly contributed to its death because of their lack of manners and attitude toward the men that are still trying.

I used the word chivalry because I seem to be the only woman in this thread at the moment. And I said it was dying, not that it was dead because it's not. I've never witnessed a women being rude to a polite man trying to do things for her. Maybe it's a big city thing.

And that brings us back to rudeness once again. Just because you're polite doesn't mean you'll get it back.

I used the word chivalry because I seem to be the only woman in this thread at the moment. And I said it was dying, not that it was dead because it's not. I've never witnessed a women being rude to a polite man trying to do things for her. Maybe it's a big city thing.

And that brings us back to rudeness once again. Just because you're polite doesn't mean you'll get it back.

Sooks want a medal for good manners. Or maybe a pat on the head and a biscuit.

You used chivalry because you're a woman--period. A guy wouldn't complain about chivalry dying or being dead if a woman didn't hold out his chair, or hold a door, or get the check because chivalry is gender specific and has an additional connotation than just general politeness. When a woman says chivalry is dying or dead, she is speaking specifically about what men are not doing for women. To amend my argument from your statement that it's dying and not dead, if it's dying then women are killing it. Maybe not in your town, but try venturing out and watching people. You'd be surprised at how many women don't acknowledge men who are still doing something as simple as holding open a door. Are there exceptions to the rule? Of course there are. However, I still think women should have to shoulder some of the blame for losing something due to their not appreciating it.

Sooks want a medal for good manners. Or maybe a pat on the head and a biscuit.

No, I'd just prefer not to hear someone lament about something that is being driven away due to the actions of the group that benefits from it. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that so many white knights pop up during a discussion on chivalry. However, I am surprised that the "I don't see it so it doesn't happen" argument seems to hold water here.

Back