Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that the superintendent of our schools is trying to screw us classified workers over royally. It's not going to be worth staying there if he gets his way. I've been working in our schools system since about a year or so out of high school and I'd hate to lose all those years. :(

I hate that the superintendent of our schools is trying to screw us classified workers over royally. It's not going to be worth staying there if he gets his way. I've been working in our schools system since about a year or so out of high school and I'd hate to lose all those years. :(

I feel bad for you guys. That's just inhuman. I'm sure if they could cut their pay some it wouldn't be such an issue, but Heaven forbid they don't get their 6 figures a year, and all of those perks.

My wife was going to get her degree to be a teacher, but in light of recent events she's changed her major.

If you have tenure, it might be worth wading through the crap. Those without it seem to be getting pinkslipped every year only to be invited back the following year to prevent them moving over columns.

Ween as much as it would suck stay. Seriously, there ain't ____ out there and nobody looks at anyone from the education field with a positive eye. We're glorified customer service workers as far as they're concerned.

If you have tenure, it might be worth wading through the crap. Those without it seem to be getting pinkslipped every year only to be invited back the following year to prevent them moving over columns.

Tenure doesn't mean anything for aides. I'm not a teacher, plus, our governor got his issue 5 passed and it's in affect now. Tenure doesn't mean squat anymore.

Ween as much as it would suck stay. Seriously, there ain't ____ out there and nobody looks at anyone from the education field with a positive eye. We're glorified customer service workers as far as they're concerned.

Josh, they could easily cut my pay down to minimum and make it where it's just not worth it for me to stay. Without collective bargaining, we don't have a leg to stand on.

It's going to be on the ballot in Nov. to repeal issue 5, but if I've learned on thing, once they take things away, you never get them back.

Ween, that is bull. I'm sorry for your troubles. If you decide to leave, I hope you find a job that pays you better and appreciates you.

Josh, they could easily cut my pay down to minimum and make it where it's just not worth it for me to stay. Without collective bargaining, we don't have a leg to stand on.

It's going to be on the ballot in Nov. to repeal issue 5, but if I've learned on thing, once they take things away, you never get them back.

You gotta do whats best and I hope/pray for ya that it works out. I do not wish for anyone to be in my boat at all. It sucks! :(

You gotta do whats best and I hope/pray for ya that it works out. I do not wish for anyone to be in my boat at all. It sucks! :(

Thoughts and prayers to you as well, Josh. It completely sucks that you need a college degree to be a teacher, and then they treat you as if you're expendable high school drop-outs once you become one.

Thoughts and prayers to you as well, Josh. It completely sucks that you need a college degree to be a teacher, and then they treat you as if you're expendable high school drop-outs once you become one.

Thank ya. :) :duff It sucks for sure. Its lot things that go into the system we're in now. Bad spending of money by schools, keeping bad teachers (because of bad use of tenure), etc. It makes that piece of paper I have pretty useless. :lol

Thank ya. :) :duff It sucks for sure. Its lot things that go into the system we're in now. Bad spending of money by schools, keeping bad teachers (because of bad use of tenure), etc. It makes that piece of paper I have pretty useless. :lol

Well good luck to ya, Josh. Hopefully things work out for ya :duff

Ween, that is bull. I'm sorry for your troubles. If you decide to leave, I hope you find a job that pays you better and appreciates you.

Thanks, luckily I already have a second job, but that just pays my room and board sorta speak.

What is "your boat", Josh? What's up?

Back