Thing 1:1 bust + 250 $ = Iron man exc + Captain PF exc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shall I trade Iron man and Cap PF for Thing 1:1

• Get the Thing bust, it will be more difficult to find later

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Keep the statues, they are getting more valuable

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • do whatever you want, not my problem :D

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • I can't decide either :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't think that he has to trade two statues AND cash.

It looks like he would receive the Thing bust AND cash for the two statues.

Whoops! Good call :eek:..... But I'm kinda stuck myself. If it were ME, I wouldn't let go of those two statues for a Thing bust. just my 2 cents :D I'd just try to buy the bust outright and keep EVERYTHING!!!! :devil

No way would I give up those for a thing bust, to me personally that sounds like a Horrible deal.

Cap PF alone is > then Thing Bust

pay someone $400 to break into your friend's place and steal the thing bust for you. Then move. dilemma solved.

thanks all for the ideas.

I got several statues from other companies and also I got diaromas which I haven't listed. The problem is, I almost run out of space that's why I am in the point of deciding a way to my collection. One option is to make this trade and sell the Thing PF also, which has a HUGE box (since I will have the 1:1 bust). In this option I will concentrate on collecting life size items. I will have a less collection but I believe the are very impressive when displayed.

Another issue is, that I am working abroad (in Russia) and I still don't have a proper display. All my statues are in their boxes. I probably will be abroad minimum of 2 years and I am afraid it will be very difficult to buy a Thing 1:1 later on but there is already 1250 Iron mans plus the stealth iron mans.

That being said, I am not a big THING fan and Iron man comiquette was the first item I ordered from Sideshow. I am sure Cap will increase in value but I am not after the value of the statues really. Latest marvel statue announcements of Sideshow didn't excite me at all (mystique PF, namor comiquette...etc)

Another difficulty for me is that I am from Turkiye. Even if I find a Thing bust at ebay, seller may not want to ship it to Istanbul or since USPS will not accept it due to size, the shipping cost with FEDEX will be in the neighboorhood of 400 $.

hey gambit.. ARE YOU INSANE.. :D
this is the Red & Gold IM Exc we r talking about.. and how can you give up on the first avenger.. whom has one of the coolest exc as a Marvel PF...
this is not even a decision in my point of view mate... this is suicide... and if you r bored from the Cap.. let me remind u that... I'll be waiting at Modaland... :)

I got several statues from other companies and also I got diaromas which I haven't listed. The problem is, I almost run out of space that's why I am in the point of deciding a way to my collection. One option is to make this trade and sell the Thing PF also, which has a HUGE box (since I will have the 1:1 bust). In this option I will concentrate on collecting life size items. I will have a less collection but I believe the are very impressive when displayed.

Another issue is, that I am working abroad (in Russia) and I still don't have a proper display. All my statues are in their boxes. I probably will be abroad minimum of 2 years and I am afraid it will be very difficult to buy a Thing 1:1 later on but there is already 1250 Iron mans plus the stealth iron mans.

That being said, I am not a big THING fan and Iron man comiquette was the first item I ordered from Sideshow. I am sure Cap will increase in value but I am not after the value of the statues really. Latest marvel statue announcements of Sideshow didn't excite me at all (mystique PF, namor comiquette...etc)

Another difficulty for me is that I am from Turkiye. Even if I find a Thing bust at ebay, seller may not want to ship it to Istanbul or since USPS will not accept it due to size, the shipping cost with FEDEX will be in the neighboorhood of 400 $.

If you do get the Thing Bust, I would NOT sell the Thing PF. The two go hand and hand.

Ultimately, it is what you want in your collection... my "personal" opinion when I face a similar choice is to go for the "rarer" item that will be harder to obtain in the future. No one knows what the Thing bust will do value-wise in the future... just look at Ardeth Bey... retailed for $550 and didn't go up in value much the first year or so, and then, skyrocketed to $2000+ and if value isn't your main concern as you mentioned, then it is all about what you want to collect and which will be harder to find in the future.

I would keep the statues.
Then again, I don't care for busts much and the Thing isn't a character that I love.

If you are worried about shipping for the Thing bust, well shipping for IM or Cap will cost even more so, what with them being heavier with significantly larger boxes and all..

But that's assuming you want to re-acquire the statues. Maybe the thing bust will "sky-rocket" because of the low edition size but I seriously, seriously doubt it'll ever cost more than a Cap PF EX or an IM Comiquette EX

Time will tell though, and if I'm proved wrong, thankfully you don't know where I live!! :D:chew

screw "value"... you want to make money? get an education...

obtain the pieces that inspire, influence and motivate and one will never be sorry.

You might be seeing a WTB thread from me here soon. :naughty Funny enough, I was looking for this bust the other day. The deal that I had didn't go through though. I'm glad to see at least someone has a lead on one.

I don't know how you feel about the different lines that SSC is focusing on, but I find it difficult to focus on just one or two. As fas as the dioramas go, you have the sentinel 1, wolverine, cap, and both hulk exclusives as far as the heavy hitters. For 1:1s, you have venom and either of the red spideys. In the pf/comiquette line, you have both hulks, both iron man pieces, retro spidey, and depending on your affinity for big, sweaty men in sweatpants, thor and cap.
Personally, I'm kinda torn about collecting PFs...
The Hulk and retro Spiderman are great, imo. I know that some people hate the 'poopy pose' that was chosen for Spiderman, but I have an exclusive stashed away in case I want a Hulk vs. Spidey display down the road. The sweatpant/onsey look that Cap and Thor were given kind of bugs me, but now that I tracked down uncracked Cap heads, the Avengers have assembled... in a pile of boxes.
Personally, I'd get the piece that best represents each character. Also, avoid the completist mentality at all costs and I'm speaking from experience. In all likelihood, you'll never have the space to properly display everything (unless you're squiderm3 or Mesa).

IMO, keep the Cap and IM, even if it means having a sweatpant clad hero.

I don't know how you feel about the different lines that SSC is focusing on, but I find it difficult to focus on just one or two. As fas as the dioramas go, you have the sentinel 1, wolverine, cap, and both hulk exclusives as far as the heavy hitters. For 1:1s, you have venom and either of the red spideys. In the pf/comiquette line, you have both hulks, both iron man pieces, retro spidey, and depending on your affinity for big, sweaty men in sweatpants, thor and cap.
Personally, I'm kinda torn about collecting PFs...
The Hulk and retro Spiderman are great, imo. I know that some people hate the 'poopy pose' that was chosen for Spiderman, but I have an exclusive stashed away in case I want a Hulk vs. Spidey display down the road. The sweatpant/onsey look that Cap and Thor were given kind of bugs me, but now that I tracked down uncracked Cap heads, the Avengers have assembled... in a pile of boxes.
Personally, I'd get the piece that best represents each character. Also, avoid the completist mentality at all costs and I'm speaking from experience. In all likelihood, you'll never have the space to properly display everything (unless you're squiderm3 or Mesa).

IMO, keep the Cap and IM, even if it means having a sweatpant clad hero.

I too find it difficult to focus on just one line. For me, my top two are the PFs and the 1:1s. Unfortunately, Sideshow makes one amazing Ghost Rider Comiquette otherwise I would be out of the comiquettes all together. (And I might still sell them.) I really liked the Stealth Comiquette, but even I had to get rid of it just to prevent myself from falling into the same trap I did about a year ago.

I'd like to have a collection of Marvel 1:1s and PFs. That's it. And thankfully, new additions of Sideshow's Marvel 1:1 line don't surface too often and I'm able to keep up with them. As far as the Pfs go, I believe Grey Hulk will be my last until another Marvel hero PF comes along. I've got everything I want.

But I do agree, it's difficult to stick with one line. Every line has its own highlights as you have pointed out. Not only that, but it's nice to have a dio. to accent a 1:1 or PF. (Or even better, all 3.) :lol

As much as I love the IM comiquette and Cap PF, I would rather have the Thing 1:1 Bust. I think your "friend" is being too greedy. A straight up trade with no cash should be enough.

well, actually, I will get the cash.

I don't know why but, despite the poll result, Thing bust starts to grow on me.

Mate get whatever you feel you'll be happier with - we can also give opinions - but if you dont get the Thing bust simply because more of us say you should keep the statues, you may end up regretting that decision... especially if you truly want that bust. I've gotta say it's an awesome bust even though I wouldn't get it myself, even at RRP.

Anyway as they sang in that disney cartoon (which one was it again!?! :D:rolleyes:) you should follow your heart! I got the Bowen Apocalypse FS simply because everyone talked about how awesome it was. The day I sold it I heaved a sigh of relief :banana:banana

Back