The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Truth May Still Be Out There! The X-Files potentially back!

THAT was the ending?
Lol "ok guys we re not tying any knots lets ID4 the ****er!"

I avoided this thread until now. I finally watched the finale and can't believe it ended on such a cliffhanger. I really hope they do another season.

There's already a lot of interviews with Carter about the end, it sounds like he's interested in going on either as a movie or another run like this, and it sounds like this mini series was received well enough to likely get Fox behind continuation of it, so let's hope everyone will come together.

The good news is, as old as everyone is getting, we probably won't be waiting nearly a decade again, maybe a year or two.

I've always loved this show. David is appearing at a comic con in my area sometime in June, so I'll definitely be there. Actually I'd probably be there anyway because I need to pick up some trades to catch up on some reading. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, French TV has finally broadcast the first two episodes and I've avoided this thread until now because I didn't want to be spoiled.

.... So, happy to see them back but not so happy with the result. Episode two was okay, but the first one... Al along I tried to put myself in the shoes that has never seen the X files and have come to the conclusion they were probably completely lost.
Plus there are really easy shortcuts. Okay, "they" feel threatened but re open the X files? Really? What kind of nonsense is that?

Anyway, good to have them back. I just hope the other episodes are better.

Oh, and Duchovny's interpretation is ... Wooden?

How many viewers would have been first time X-Files watchers though? You'd have to be pretty stupid to start watching a show without knowing anything about the 9 seasons and 2 movies that came before it.

Anyway, surely they will make another season, that was one hell of a cliffhanger.

I'm starting to wish these 6 episodes had all been about the Alien mythology rather than just the first and last with the Monster of the Week episodes in between. They felt unnecessary in the end. Just filler by comparison. Especially with ending on a HUGE cliff hanger. They had the episodes to end it! :lol

I really hope they bring this back. My local comic con next month has Scully, Skinner, and Smoking Man appearing (waiting for the inevitable Mulder announcement at this point) and I can only assume the number 1 question they are all getting asked is: Is the X-files coming back? :lol

I finally saw all of them and it felt very stupid to have them investigate random cases when you have this NEW big conspiracy about people dying.

It made me feel like, WTF are you serious? that crazy internet guy goes missing, the girl goes missing and you guys are investigating some random homeless monster killings?

I know Carter said he would never do a straight up story in one season having every episode follow the rest but if there was ever a time to do that it should have been this season, you have 6 episodes to work on a full fleshed out story and he didn't.

The other episodes felt like unnecessary filler. Specially the muslim dead guy episode, WTF was that crap about?

I thought they were all good. The mythology is always one step forward, two steps back with the "reveals." It's fun but it wouldn't be if it was every episode.

the monster of the week worked back then because it was their job.

but getting back to the X Files now felt so forced. it made no sense. so millions of people are going to die

the super soldiers should still be after mulder, the fbi almost got mulder killed

yeah let me just get back like if the past 9 seasons never happened, lets ignore everything about seasons 7-9 and just have mulder investigate random cases that any other agent could have investigated....

this feels like a reboot, a soft reboot, this is almost the same as jurassic world

the monster of the week worked back then because it was their job.

It's their job this season, too.

but getting back to the X Files now felt so forced. it made no sense.

Totally. So stupid. They might as well change the name of the show to The X-Files.

this feels like a reboot, a soft reboot, this is almost the same as jurassic world

Yeah, it's EXACTLY like Jurassic World. :lol

It's their job this season, too.

Totally. So stupid. They might as well change the name of the show to The X-Files.

Yeah, it's EXACTLY like Jurassic World. :lol

they should just have remade it, because this is what this was, a reboot disguised as another season

I hate the second movie but at least they didn't act like most of the mythology of the past 9 seasons doesnt exist anymore. they didnt go out of their way to contradict everything they have done before.

the ideas behind season 10 were very stupid. Carter basically forgot about half of the mythology of the show... maybe he should have watched it all over again to remember where they left off..

they should just have remade it, because this is what this was, a reboot disguised as another season

Nope.

I hate the second movie but at least they didn't act like most of the mythology of the past 9 seasons doesnt exist anymore. they didnt go out of their way to contradict everything they have done before.

Wait so they ignored it or they went out of their way to contradict it? It can't be both.

Carter basically forgot about half of the mythology of the show... maybe he should have watched it all over again to remember where they left off..

Oh, this is your fanfic reality. Please disregard previous responses. I thought we were talking about real things. Mah bad. :duff

Just watched 'Babylon' and its so Islamophobic.

To show a Muslim doing his pray and then go and bomb a building, its insulting.

I'm a massive X-Files fan, but maybe less so after watching that episode.

I thought they were careful not to come across that way, even as far as having characters showing empathy for the bomber and a dismissive attitude towards characters who expressed Islamophobia and anti-immigration sentiments.

Yeah, I thought the message was that the faith is not the problem but corruption by evil, the bomber who survived being faithful to his beliefs and his mother protesting that it wasn't nature, and ultimately it was a corrupt group twisting him.

I didn't take any of it as anti-Islam.

Yes! You can never have enough Mulder and Scully.

Back