The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up to mid-99 in my Nitro watching now. The wheels have started to come off of WCW creatively at this point. Recently I've seen the infamous hummer angle, Ric Flair in the psych ward, the beginnings of Lenny/Lodi, David Flair, Sting's hour long title reign, and just nonsensical booking. This stuff has made current WWE look like gold.

I'm up to mid-99 in my Nitro watching now. The wheels have started to come off of WCW creatively at this point. Recently I've seen the infamous hummer angle, Ric Flair in the psych ward, the beginnings of Lenny/Lodi, David Flair, Sting's hour long title reign, and just nonsensical booking. This stuff has made current WWE look like gold.

What's a good place to start? Never really watched WCW, but now that I have the Network for 2 more weeks, might as well make the most of it and binge watch.

What's a good place to start? Never really watched WCW, but now that I have the Network for 2 more weeks, might as well make the most of it and binge watch.

I'd go with the 5/27/96 Nitro. It has Scott Hall's debut and begins the original nWo stuff.

No way! If you're gonna go with old school Nitros, start near the beginning, maybe a couple months in, when the cruiserweights from ECW (Malenko, Guerrero, Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Psychosis, Jericho) and Japan (most notably Ultimo Dragon, though there were cameos by Ohtani, Kanemoto and others) started making their way in. Actually, the very first Nitro match was, I believe, Jushin Thunder Liger against Flyin Bryan Pillman.

You just have to skip through a lot of junk in those 1995-1997ish episodes. But the good stuff is so damn good. I'll never forget though, the first Malenko/Guerrero televised match, which they pull away from completely in the middle of the match to show Hogan in a parking lot with Jimmy Hart ranting about the Giant or something :lol

I did hear about how the cruiserweight division helped propel WCW in the Monday Night Wars from one of those MNW episodes. I have no idea of the dates when those started though.

Anyone else a fan of Nikki Cross?

I did hear about how the cruiserweight division helped propel WCW in the Monday Night Wars from one of those MNW episodes. I have no idea of the dates when those started though.

Anyone else a fan of Nikki Cross?
Yeah she's great. I like the whole unstable gimmick and also the rest of Sanity with Eric Young.

Yeah she's great. I like the whole unstable gimmick and also the rest of Sanity with Eric Young.

:hi5:

Yeah, I haven't seen much of her, I think the fatal four way from 2 or 3 NXT Takeovers before was the first match I saw but she was taken out by Peyton and Royce thru the table early on, then the triple threat from the last NXT Takeover I thought she was great in it as well as tonight. Consider me a fan.

:hi5:

Yeah, I haven't seen much of her, I think the fatal four way from 2 or 3 NXT Takeovers before was the first match I saw but she was taken out by Peyton and Royce thru the table early on, then the triple threat from the last NXT Takeover I thought she was great in it as well as tonight. Consider me a fan.
:goodpost: :)

That Last Woman Standing match was PPV caliber, absoultely amazing! :love Nikki Cross, let her be the one to dethrone Asuka please, and let these 2 begin a long feud

I hope Asuka makes the jump to Raw/Smackdown without losing the title. Hopefully she just tosses it, moves on, and wins the respective show's woman's title.

Unrelated, I have tickets for Raw and Smackdown this week. Hopefully a fun time.

Has anyone been following Kenny Omega and the Bullet Club from NJPW? These guys are fantastic!

I know Balor, Styles, Gallows & Anderson were just in NJPW as part of the Bullet Club but I started paying more attention recently. They're like a more athletic version of the nWo.

Omega is probably the hottest non-WWE athlete right now. This guy is great on the mic and in-the-ring. I'd LOVE to see Balor, Styles, Gallows, Anderson AND Omega reform "The Club" in WWE! Though I kind of doubt Vince would let that happen.

I recently watched the hour draw with Omega and Okada. I'm not sure about the Six and a quarter stars old Dave Meltzer gave it, but it was a damn good match. Tanahashi/Naito from the same show is worth checking out too.

Has anyone been following Kenny Omega and the Bullet Club from NJPW? These guys are fantastic!

I know Balor, Styles, Gallows & Anderson were just in NJPW as part of the Bullet Club but I started paying more attention recently. They're like a more athletic version of the nWo.

Omega is probably the hottest non-WWE athlete right now. This guy is great on the mic and in-the-ring. I'd LOVE to see Balor, Styles, Gallows, Anderson AND Omega reform "The Club" in WWE! Though I kind of doubt Vince would let that happen.
I dont think omega wants to go WWE either. I believe he basically said he does not want to dumb down his own style.

First time I ever saw the guy was a gif that Skiman used to always use, which never gets old :lol

b6d7fbb8215db6cf0d3b06d7fb257a64.gif

I dont think omega wants to go WWE either. I believe he basically said he does not want to dumb down his own style.

Well I think eventually the money will start to speak to him. I don't think the WWE will handle him well but essentially one's body can only hold up for so long wrestling the way he does.

The "new" WWE style isn't as exciting as it used to be, but it does increase the longevity of their wrestlers by playing it safer (no head chairshots, no piledrivers, etc). I'm sure Omega's Bullet Club buddies will eventually sway him over. But I think he also would want to make sure he's used effectively and not lost in the mix. WWE is getting to a point where they have lots of characters and talent, but don't know what to do with them all...(which in some circumstances, they don't know what to do with anyone!).

Reports indicate the WWE has been aggressively pursuing him for the past few years.

Last edited:
So I was at the NJPW G1 Special in Long Beach on Saturday night. I wanted to go on Sunday too but I couldn't get anyone else to go. Anyway it was an awesome event from beginning to end. Best match of the night was Kenny Omega VS Michael Elgin. The main event between Okada and Cody Rhodes was great too. I'm definitely going next time they come to town.:yess: Sorry for the crappy pics.​
35555187671_a3b4e5b29b_k.jpg35555187231_7455166249_k.jpg35646071106_d46d1e5936_k.jpg35646070376_30c23e0f44_k.jpg

Back