The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I re-subscribed to WWE Network, and see that they now have Mid-South wrestling episodes from the mid-80s. Some fascinating stuff that I've never seen before. This episode I'm watching has Jack Roberts, Ted Dibiase teamig with Dr. Death Steve Williams, the Sheepherders (later the Bushwackers), and the "Blade Runners," who later became Sting and the Ultimate Warrior making their debut. There is also an odd decision to have Jim Ross involved in this show, but instead use some kid, who looks like he's a deer caught in headlights doing commentary with Bill Watts. I can only assume it's a son or nephew or something :lol

I also see they've added some Smokey Mountain Wrestling, covering the time that the "Thrillseekers" of Jericho and Lance Storm showed up, feuding with Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express. Good stuff.

--edit: Now I'm seeing a Mid-South episode from December 1984, and the main event is Ted Dibiase vs. Shawn Michaels! I never even knew this happened.--

A Kevin Steen/El Generico match at Mania? Jim Cornette is probably already recording a whiny negative podcast about it.

What does Cornette have against those guys? That's a great idea, so I hope it pans out.

He hated Steen back when he was booking ROH. Apparently Steen ignored most of Corny's suggestions (lose weight, tan, etc.). I'm not sure why he disliked Generico. I'd just chalk it up to him being a cantankerous curmudgeon.

Everyone else a little underwhelmed by the WM build? Between Shane flubbing his lines and his horrible "punches" the main event segment last night was a train wreck. The only good parts of the show were HHH/Ziggler and New Day.

So many people leaving after WM reported

Taker ( possible retirement)

Mark Henry ( retirement )

Shane back to being in his corporations ( none that are WWE )

Jericho ( as expected)

Brie Bella

Wade Barrett ( gone for good from the WWE) doesn't want to be there anymore

Lesnar of course

Couple of others too

There's also rumors that after Mania they'll be going back to a true brand split. I could see things being like they were when the original brand split happened where the crap was kept on RAW while the "B" show Smackdown had great stuff.

Everyone else a little underwhelmed by the WM build? Between Shane flubbing his lines and his horrible "punches" the main event segment last night was a train wreck. The only good parts of the show were HHH/Ziggler and New Day.

Did he say something else wrong besides the "I'm gonna miss, you're gonna miss" bit? :lol

Roman still getting booed :lol They might as well make him turn heel.

I don't like either Roman Reigns or HHH so this WM is going to be an easy pass. I really hope they get their act better by the time Summerslam comes to town so my ticket won't go to waste... don't feel like waiting til last minute to purchase since I missed out last time it was at the Garden recently. They have an Axxess for Summerslam right? It's been a while and I wanna meet some of the new blood since WM29 Axxess.. Where's the next WM going to be?

Back