The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also caught a couple of Steve Austin and Cactus Jack interviews from ECW--where they really cut their creative teeth before going on to stardom in the WWE. So much great stuff on this channel. TV now has Dory Funk, Jr. and Adrian Adonis being interviewed by Mean Gene. That was a pretty wacky tag team.

I also caught a couple of Steve Austin and Cactus Jack interviews from ECW--where they really cut their creative teeth before going on to stardom in the WWE. So much great stuff on this channel. TV now has Dory Funk, Jr. and Adrian Adonis being interviewed by Mean Gene. That was a pretty wacky tag team.

Dumb question, but I take it they have WCW as well?

Dumb question, but I take it they have WCW as well?

Yes, they have all the WCW PPV, and new documentaries about WCW, but those are told from WWE point of view, so they always like to take shots at WCW and discredit them any chance they get. WWE loves to rewrite history and take credit for things they didn't even do first. That's how they brainwash the kids :lol

When you put the top title on a guy who has only wrestled 2 or 3 times in the last six months it is obvious that there is little concern for that in the story lines.

You're right, but even waaaaay before Lesnar got the title, it became irrelevant. CM Punk's reign was ridiculous because the WWE booked Cena stronger than Punk and Punk's title matches in some occasions weren't even the "Main Events" of some PPVs.

We also live in an age where most World Champs have held the title 10+ times, because it constantly changes hands every few months! The WWE has also put the title on people that have constantly "not been ready" like the Miz, Del Rio, Sheamus, etc. Characters that don't have "deep history" like other World Champ have.

Lesnar, while not around, is still a "credible" World Champ. He was a MONSTER during his first WWE run. His character was well-handled and written (thanks to Heyman writing Smackdown at the time) and he not only has his WWE history, but he was a UFC Heavyweight Champ and NCAA Wrestling champ too. He also broke Undertaker's streak. Those are some THICK credentials and he's part of the OVW "Class of 2002" that brought out fellow champs like Randy Orton, Batista and John Cena.

Even when he's not around, his presence is still "felt" thanks to Heyman.

Having Reigns beat Lesnar would be ridiculous (even though that's probably going to happen)...Reigns is too green and he doesn't have the deep-rooted "history" that most contenders do. If WWE was smart, they'd throw John Cena (as US Champ) and Seth Rollins in the WM Main Event and have some sort of match where the World and US Titles are on the line. Have Rollins win the US (and feud with Reigns later) and have Lesnar (if he does indeed resign with WWE) win the World or else have Cena win it. And build for a climactic Brock vs. Cena Summerslam battle.

But WWE doesn't work that way anymore... :(

I read somewhere that WM should be the last Lesnar PPV for awhile, so it's a pretty safe bet he'll lose the title there.

It'll be WM XX all over again where Brock just phones it in and the crowd boo's the entire match. You might as well make the championship match a 5 second Superman Punch KO and just give Ramen the belt already.

I read somewhere that WM should be the last Lesnar PPV for awhile, so it's a pretty safe bet he'll lose the title there.

Yup, I think his WWE contract is wrapping up.

I don't know if he resigned or not. There were rumors he might try to go back to UFC, but expect for some money, I don't anticipate him being successful because of his stomach injury.

I signed up for the NJPW streaming service a couple of days ago, and have been pretty addicted to it. It's been so damn long since I paid attention to Japanese wrestling. Shinsuke Nakamura. . .bad ****ing ass, as is Minoru Suzuki. I guess Tanahashi is like NJPW's talented version of John Cena, considering how he seems like a pretty traditional babyface, and hams it up for the crowd with his air guitar shtick. Lots of great stuff for me to catch up on.

This is pretty bizarre, though:

:rotflI hadn't seen that yet. Nakamura sure has come a long way from the boring shoot style guy he was early in his career.

Is the NJPW stream available on things like PS3/4? If they are they definitely would have my money.

:rotflI hadn't seen that yet. Nakamura sure has come a long way from the boring shoot style guy he was early in his career.

Is the NJPW stream available on things like PS3/4? If they are they definitely would have my money.
No it's not. They really need to take advantage of it.

Are there old school fans here? Pre X7?
Of course. I would think most of us are.

google my name. not sure about policy. if you are familiar with JTV or str0 at all you'll get it

I also started watching NJPW again. Have about 10 or 12 matches recorded and every single one has been lights out. Those guys absolutely kill it. My favorite wrestling I have been watching I think.

I also started watching NJPW again. Have about 10 or 12 matches recorded and every single one has been lights out. Those guys absolutely kill it. My favorite wrestling I have been watching I think.

Check out Shimmer, easily the best quality matches since X7

Yes! I actually got turned on to Shimmer just a little while ago. That is the exact word I would use to describe it (NPJW) - quality. Awesome awesome stuff.

I watched some of the wrestling in Japan like NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 and even a little bit of that NXT and I have to say I think I'm starting to prefer them over WWE Raw. I love to see the athleticism and great matches over a lame storyline with a weak delivery (boring non-athletic match).

Sold my WM tickets on stubhub. There's really nothing that screams must see to justify spending that money on that trip.

Will buy more dolls instead.

I can't blame you. There's absolutely NOTHING remotely interesting at this WM. Might as well just give Ramen Rains the belt now but I guess he needs that Wrestlemania victory photo.

Back