The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there is a plan for Bryan, and that the Rumble performance will feed into it, for what that's worth. I guess 'Mania is shaping up to have the following, anyway:

-Lesnar vs. Reigns (Championship)
-Cena vs. Rusev
-HHH vs. Sting

Rollins and Bryan would be sweet as an undercard match, maybe make the stakes the Money In the Bank briefcase? If Undertaker comes back, I'm guessing he would fight Bray Wyatt. They were obviously pushing Bray at Rumble. Unfortunately, many will forget about that considering all the other ****. Tag team division is fairly irrelevant, so I can imagine a match on the pre-show of some kind. Would love it if Cesaro and Tyson Kidd won the straps, though I'm sure WWE wouldn't know what to do with them. We'll probably get a women's title match as filler. Maybe Jericho comes back again to wrestle Ambrose or something?

Not sure if I want to go to Wrestlemania now...

Anybody wants to buy my tickets? Is it even ok to post that here?

Just what I paid plus fees.

I'll be going to Wrestlemania 31 since the arena is like a mile away from me and plus it's Wrestlemania. But I have to admit I'm not too thrilled with the main event.

Remember when making the Wrestlemania Main Event was a "Huge" Deal?

Remember when the Titles actually MATTERED? Like the World Heavyweight Title? When guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, The Rock, and Triple H (before he got "control" and started bangin' Steph) would slave for YEARS to get it?

Remember when the TOP guys would be built in the mid-card for years and then finally be elevated?

Remember when stables actually had a "vision", a "direction", and some sort of "statement"? Like the nWo, Four Horsemen, DX?

WWE is such crap now. I follow at a healthy distance but I'm so disappointed nowadays. I hate how they keep trying to tell you who THEY (i.e.: Vince) want you to cheer for as opposed to letting it happen naturally (i.e.: Daniel Bryan).

I feel bad for Reigns. He seems like a good guy, but he needs what a lot of other top tier guys and even his cousin, Rock, all had. He needs POLISH. He needs to draw natural attention from fans like Bryan and Dean Ambrose are. He needs to the fans to either naturally like him or hate him for his character (whatever his character is right now, I don't know). He also needs to work better on his matches as well. The worst is how the WWE is TELLING you to cheer for this guy and he's getting to Main Event Wrestlemania over guys who would DIE to get there.

Yeah, it's funny that "back in the day," several of the most beloved and well known matches were IC title matches, and in part it was because those titles mattered and it felt like there were serious stakes involved in the outcome--Macho Man/Steamboat, Bret Hart/Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart/British Bulldog, HBK/Razor Ramon, HBK/Jeff Jarrett. Ultimate Warrior was champ during a big chunk of his peak popularity, leading in to Wrestlemania VI. Nowadays, despite Lesnar being the champ, it still feels like the primary championship ain't even a big deal. Like back when Del Rio, Cena, and Punk were all trading the title around every couple of months, though Cena was obviously the major guy no matter what. I don't even know who the IC champ is. I didn't realize Rusev was the U.S. champ until he was carrying it around at the Rumble.

When you put the top title on a guy who has only wrestled 2 or 3 times in the last six months it is obvious that there is little concern for that in the story lines.

cancelled my network subscription today and I feel just fine.

If i had the network, I'd definitely cancel as I really don't watch any old school stuff and I'm so sick and tired about them milking the whole Monday Night Wars thing. It was almost 20 years ago and there really hasn't been anything memorable in the past 10 years other than DBry.

I just finished the Monday Night Wars series. You're right, they dragged that on way too long. They repeated ALOT of stuff that was already mentioned or analyzed in previous episodes.

Now I just got an email that I can get February for Free. :lol

Yeah, I'm sure it's a coincidence that this comes on the heels of the massive wave of cancellations after Royal Bumble.

But being objective about it, WWE Network still has something for just about any kind of wrestling fan. If you're into old school WWE, you've got that. WCW or ECW? They've got that, too. Specials out the wazoo, just about every major wrestling PPV made. If you aren't into old stuff or current WWE, NXT has great, young talent who are allowed to develop characters without the pressures of major TV and PPVs, and often have great matches.

When you put the top title on a guy who has only wrestled 2 or 3 times in the last six months it is obvious that there is little concern for that in the story lines.

He can put up a show though. Say what you will about Lesnar, he's a HUGE money maker for the WWE, and it shows whenever he does wrestle. I seriously don't see anyone taking the title from him, realistically speaking. He is seriously the most dominating being I've ever seen on this "sport". Does anybody even comes close?

Everyone n Philly was going nuts for Lesnar, no?

:lol

JgZ6VuC.jpg

Anyone here have the WWE subscription? Is it worth getting?

I'm so out of the loop. I need to get caught up.

Yeah, and there's no 6 month commitment anymore, so you can cancel and not pay if you don't like it. Tonight I was watching last night's NXT (excellent match between Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville, and great contract signing between Zayn and Kevin Owens), then some Saturday Night's Main Event that followed up Wrestlemania 3 (Macho Man making sure Hercules couldn't beat Steamboat for the title), and on to Prime Time wrestling from 1986, where I skip over most of the matches just to watch the brilliant back-and-forths between Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. There was never another duo like them, and probably never will be again.

Yeah, and there's no 6 month commitment anymore, so you can cancel and not pay if you don't like it. Tonight I was watching last night's NXT (excellent match between Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville, and great contract signing between Zayn and Kevin Owens), then some Saturday Night's Main Event that followed up Wrestlemania 3 (Macho Man making sure Hercules couldn't beat Steamboat for the title), and on to Prime Time wrestling from 1986, where I skip over most of the matches just to watch the brilliant back-and-forths between Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. There was never another duo like them, and probably never will be again.

That's I like to hear. I want to watch some of that older stuff and just relax. Nothing on TV? How about an old school Royal Rumble PPV or something. :rock

I'll definitely be getting it.

Back