The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trailers look great. I just purchased The Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam a few days ago, but I still have yet to play them.

The trailers look great. I just purchased The Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam a few days ago, but I still have yet to play them.

Your in for a treat. Stick with Witcher 1. It is a bit outdated now but it really picks up once your past the first 2 areas. Witcher 2 is a huge improvement but the combat works very differently.

Don't ignore alchemy. It makes a giant difference in Witcher games.

W2 pretty much ruined everything that was good in "The Witcher" - visuals, designs, gameplay.

So far better visuals are the only good thing W3 brings, so it's still doesn't look like a patcher.

Okay, I hope that someone can help me with this decision from "The Witcher" :lol. I didn't know where else to ask since there isn't a general thread. In the Strangers in the Night quest, should I let the elves take the crates or not?

I've read that the decisions either way are morally ambiguous, but I'd like to know which one will produce the best outcome (whatever that may be).

Okay, I hope that someone can help me with this decision from "The Witcher" :lol. I didn't know where else to ask since there isn't a general thread. In the Strangers in the Night quest, should I let the elves take the crates or not?

I've read that the decisions either way are morally ambiguous, but I'd like to know which one will produce the best outcome (whatever that may be).

There is no best outcome.

There are factions. The Scoi'atel are a band of elves and dwarves fed up with human oppression. They fight for freedom but they also behave somewhat like terrorists at times.

The order is a zealous human faction that is anti elf and dwarf. They are oppressive to non humans.

You can only stay neutral for so long. Helping one faction will close doors with the other. There are often peaceful scenarios you can work through.

In the novels, Geralt has a heart and associates well with humans and non humans alike. In the Witcher universe, some, like the Order, will villify a vampire simply for being what it is. Geralt will have to decide who the real monster is.

https://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_decision_checklist

You're welcome :monkey3

On a side note, I decided to read the Witcher books, well actually listen to them as Audible just released an Audiobook versions, gotta say, it's a great read/listen.

Here's the link to the first one, 'The Last Wish':

https://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Wish/dp/B00HWAS1XE

Just like sign up to Audible for the free first month, download it and then quit if you want (though I find Audible a pretty cool service), doesn't even end up costing you anything. In any case, really helps to get to know Geralt and you see the games in a new light.

If you've got a computer that can play games then I'd definitely check out the deals going on right now, almost everything is on sale and they cycle some bigger deals throughout the day, the Summer sale ends on the 30th.

Back