The Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krampus and The Witch. A good few months for "things that go bump in the night" films (though they otherwise almost couldn't be more different from one another.)

I know some of you are saying that The Witch had no jump scares. Your crowd didn't jump when Phillip hit the father? Or when the mother grabbed Thomasin at the end? Mine did.

I loved Krampus!!! My fav film of 2015!

Yeah, I can agree with those 3 you added.

I forgot to add Race with the Devil, a really ****ed up 70's occult movie, and still not as ****ed up as this one was.

This movie is Exorcist level quality, which is very hard to do.

Not since Regan stabbing her ****** with a cross and shoving her mother's face there have I been this disturbed in a horror movie.

I love the Witch and it is creepy... But nothing comes close to The Exorcist. No film has ever come close to getting as deep under my skin as that film... I kid you not, I felt like I was going to faint during that scene you mentioned. No film has ever had that effect on me. It was and is on another level.

I have to see this film at least two more times before I can officially rank it but I have a feeling it is going to make it into my top 15 Horror movies of all time.

Sure! Just BYOB

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol

wait....

:horror

:thud:

Oh No! I just can't go there, it just got too real for me again.

I agree that was wrong. :lol

I loved Krampus!!! My fav film of 2015!

I love the Witch and it is creepy... But nothing comes close to The Exorcist. No film has ever come close to getting as deep under my skin as that film... I kid you not, I felt like I was going to faint during that scene you mentioned. No film has ever had that effect on me. It was and is on another level.

Yeah, Exorcist will always be # 1.

But a few more viewings should make this # 2.

The movie is stuck in my head.

Back then paganism was a real threat, today it's a tourist attraction. :lol

Haven't seen a witchcraft movie this good since good ole Conal Cochran turned a kid into a head full of bugs. :lol

Even then this movie blows away H3, but Cochran's witchcraft speech to Dr. Challis is still a great one.

"When the hills ran red with blood!"

Last edited:
I think I've figured it out. They had a bunch of corn and it was all going bad so the witches used the corn to seduce them. Their desire for corn was what doomed the family. To me the sequel has already been done....

tumblr_mg6nx600v41qkl3ypo1_250.gif

tumblr_mg6nx600v41qkl3ypo3_250.gif

tumblr_mg6nx600v41qkl3ypo13_250.gif

Poor Caleb

Girlfriend hasn't seen it yet, so I'm off to viewing #4.

This calls for some Dio:

"We're off to The Witch! We may never never never come home. But the magic that we'll feel is worth a lifetime!"

A friend of mine went to see it lastnight based off my recommendation.

She said that while it was as good as I had explained it to her she feels that the ending

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't take this the wrong way, but is your same friend a diehard Feminist? Because I can see those thinking that an eternity of dark evil is much preferable to being with a family in a Puritan society. :lol

She is. :lol

She feels that the girl has been liberated from her schackles and can now live without fear of the unknown and being consumed by evil anymore since she is the very thing now she was so afraid of.

I reminded her that she still served a male master. :lol

She is. :lol

She feels that the girl has been liberated from her schackles and can now live without fear of the unknown and being consumed by evil anymore since she is the very thing now she was so afraid of.

I reminded her that she still served a male master. :lol

I knew it without even knowing it. They're so predictable. :monkey3

Oh snap. :lol

After dropping the kids off at school this morning there was a dead jack rabbit in the road being pecked at by a raven. They're turning on each other! :horror

:google :panic:

Back