The weakest link of SS Marvel Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
Everybody knows I am a newbie. Base on the statues I have on hand and "MILLIONS" of hours I have spent on watching other's collection, I come to realize the weakest part of SSC's statue is the paint of eyes. I know it is not easy, especially towards those diorama that scales is 1:7 or 1:8; however, this is an important part of a statue. (Thats why Chinese has a saying that when you portrait a dragon the most important is painting its eyes.) I am not sure if I am the only one who find this bothering. (I believe not as I recall, BC PF and She-Hulk PF did have the lazy eye problem.)

She-Hulk don't have a lazy eye issues!!! Maybe manufacture painted her eyes like they were driving on the highway/freeway while putting on lipsticks and eyeliner.

And don't worry about the newbie stuff. There's always some richer and poorer than us. Besides, half of my statues are in boxes--no room to display all. And I got a few more on orders.

She-Hulk don't have a lazy eye issues!!! Maybe manufacture painted her eyes like they were driving on the highway/freeway while putting on lipsticks and eyeliner.

And don't worry about the newbie stuff. There's always some richer and poorer than us. Besides, half of my statues are in boxes--no room to display all. And I got a few more on orders.

I am not sure, I think they have improved a lot. Comparing the Fantastic 4 diorama and the SW Obi, Leia Jabba Diorama. But when I look at the BC LSB, I couldnt help to think BC PF is a 9/10, but if they can keep it as perfect as the LSB, it will be a 11/10.

Don't know about SW stuff. Love the movie but not into collecting them. BC LSB is top notch but never BC PF. Production Blog of BC before the pre-order looks hot but the full review is a turn off.

Yea the eyes is the window to the soul as they'll say. So its no doubt important. I am sure most agree, by default, that the weakest link is the quality I've seen of late.

Don't know about SW stuff. Love the movie but not into collecting them. BC LSB is top notch but never BC PF. Production Blog of BC before the pre-order looks hot but the full review is a turn off.

Yea the eyes is the window to the soul as they'll say. So its no doubt important. I am sure most agree, by default, that the weakest link is the quality I've seen of late.

I dont own much statues other than SS .... but I have to be blunt that Koto, Bowen or even DC direct have done better eyes than SSC. This is something I find hard to believe ....

cross-eyed.jpg

I agree (but I'm new here too). I have seen that some figures have eyes a bit flatten, not rounded, and painting does not help. Compared to Hot Toys or Enterbay, painting in SSC is quite weak. :(

So.....going with the eyes, does the Hard Hero Hulk statue have crossed eyes or is it just the photo's? I'm looking at getting one but if he is cross eyed its a big no, no for me:horror
It must be the photo or crooked lense. Go for it. Another good Hulk, you should look at is the Attakus (punching the ground.

Why ?????? Lazy eyes?

Bad paint job on the chin. Mine came out perfect though. I've never had any real issues with them. Great customer services; price is good but noticed the comiquette line cost more now. My only complaint is why does Tony C sculpted great statues like Black Panther or Gambit PF and can't sculpted Cyclops ex head?

The thing with lining up the eyes is that it requires some kind of mechanical process to get them perfectly lined up, which is the one part that requires more math rather than artistry. If you look at Hot Toys, you can tell they have developed a working system that has a 100% success rate at line up the eyes perfectly, it seems Sideshow never developed anything like it, and instead they position the eyes free hand, which could be a hit or miss.

It must be the photo or crooked lense. Go for it. Another good Hulk, you should look at is the Attakus (punching the ground.

I have the Art Asylum Hulk punching the pavement, but have a few hard hero pieces and love them so far - Conan and Daredevil Handstand are great and the Hulk Hard Hero seems to be cheaper in the uk on ebay than it is in the states - FOR ONCE!!! £140 so might have to treat myself :yess:

Back