The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Before AMC's hit series launches into its second season on Oct. 16, we're going to learn exactly what kicked off the zombie apocalypse—through the eyes of one particular zombie.
In Walking Dead's pilot episode, "Days Gone Bye," the good sheriff Rick Grimes stumbles out of a hospital to see a world ravaged by an unseen event that caused the dead to not stay dead. One of the first things he encounters is a legless zombie, slowly making her way from an unseen Point A to an indeterminate Point B.
A new six-part web series, directed and conceived by Walking Dead FX maestro and co-executive producer Greg Nicotero, will tell the story of this zombie—also known by her given name, Hannah—and, through her, reveal the early days of the zombie-laden hell on earth.
The web series will premiere on Oct. 2. The nightmares will begin shortly thereafter.

Hmmm, the books never say what caused the zombie apocalypse, so why is AMC going to? Oh right, $$$.

I am not sure it says that are going to fully explain it, maybe they will.

I agree it is kind of stupid of them to do that but oh well, it is a cool idea.

Hmmm, the books never say what caused the zombie apocalypse, so why is AMC going to? Oh right, $$$.

Season 1 was far from slavish to the source material. Not sure how that = $$$ either. :dunno If anything, they're spending $$$ on something a fraction of the television audience will watch for free.

I think Greg Nicotero should have been named show-runner. He is the one most capable of carrying on Darabont's vision while making it his own.

I really don't have faith in the new guy. I really like Darabont's vision and I think we are gonna notice a difference without him.

nicotero was named co-executive producer though and will direct an episode this season.

I am not sure it says that are going to fully explain it, maybe they will.

I agree it is kind of stupid of them to do that but oh well, it is a cool idea.

Before AMC's hit series launches into its second season on Oct. 16, we're going to learn exactly what kicked off the zombie apocalypse—through the eyes of one particular zombie.

If the above description is accurate, then it sounds like it will be fully explained. I just like the idea of not knowing what caused it. Besides, what good does that information do now for the survivors? It is not relevant to the story being told. It seems like it is only being done to attract more viewers through another medium (the internet).

I'll watch. So please remind me to do that when the time comes. I'll keep checking the thread, I just can't cram another piece of information in my brain right now...

I think it'll be interesting to see what happened in the beginning.

^^Agreed, I'm curious to know as well.

Me too. I don't think they're going to give away an actual, scientific cause. That would be useless. I think it's just going to chronicle the events from the first WTF moment forward. The mystery will still be in tact, but we'll have more history, kinda like the final episode when they flashback to Shane in Rick's hospital room.

Back