The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the zombies not noticing Michonne. Let's think about that for a minute.

How do they notice humans, by smell and movement (or sound) Rick was able to walk around them when he covered himself in zombie guts. they did not care for him.

As far as Michonne, she was walking like them. she was walking slowly and not moving her arms or anything. so movement wise, they wouldn't have noticed her. (She was also not making any noise while walking)

As far as smell, I guess the one mistake they did was not have her pets closer to her. That is the only thing I see wrong about it. she should have had the zombies walking right next to her or as close as possible. Perhaps Michonne having each zombie to her side. I see that as being a problem because they were too far from her.

But I didn't have any problems buying what Michonne did (besides the smell) because like I said Rick already did it before.

Besides as soon as she killed that girl zombie with the braids they ALL noticed her right away. it only took for her to move her arms around and the pets stopped working

Yeah I never understood the mechanics on how that works. I guess if you pull a Shaun of the Dead they won't notice, but they can smell you which should would give you away. But if you have an entourage of amputee zambeez and smell like Irish Spring soap you're A-OK? :lol

The way I see it, zombies can't have a better sense of smell than living humans. I mean some of them don't even have noses anymore. So if there is a whole herd of decaying zombies, don't think they'd be able to pick out a non-stinky living human as long as she is moving similar to the rest of them and keeping those pets fairly close. Zombies aren't the brightest creatures. They can be fooled rather easily.

Frankly, I think Michonne has huge ***** just for walking among the zombies so calmly to begin with.

I like him because I can see the change in him. He is a character that they can take changes with. Everyone else is pretty much already set, Daryl did change and I loved Daryl but then after he became a badass with a heart of gold then he stayed that way.
I like that we don't only see Carl grow up but he is probably the most human character of the group right now with Carol.To me their flaws make both of them more interesting.

As for what he said to Rick, I think fans of the show have felt that way at one time or another :lol And It felt like the writers acknowledging the fans' criticism. We all have felt that Rick has dropped the ball many times. I mean Carl lost his mom, he lost his sister and now the prison is destroyed... I don't blame him for losing it against his dad.

How is any of that Rick's fault? His mother (Lori) died in childbirth. Nothing Rick could have done about it. Judith, again RIck was busy dealing with the Governor, who summoned him down to the fence to talk about surrendering the prison. Carl could have been watching her too, like he was during the flu outbreak, but he thought he was better off trying to take down the Governor with one, long range shot. The prison falling was everybody's responsibility. Rick had stepped down and deferred to the committee that was formed to make decisions for the group. People who lead are usually the target of praise when things go right and the target of blame when things go wrong regardless of whether it is warranted in either case. Rick got tired of that pressure and that is why he tried to give Carl and Judith as much of a "normal" life as possible. Did Rick make mistakes? Sure. So did everyone else. Any child telling their parent that they would be fine if they died is a crushing statement. It showed how selfish and immature Carl still is. The whole thing about Carl saying "I win" several times in the episode reinforces this. He is all about himself right now and not thinking about others and the group. Rick told him he is a man now at the end of the episode, but he still has a long ways to go. Again, he is still more of a dumb@ss than a bad@ss right now as he almost managed to get himself killed twice in the span of a few hours.

How is any of that Rick's fault? His mother (Lori) died in childbirth. Nothing Rick could have done about it. Judith, again RIck was busy dealing with the Governor, who summoned him down to the fence to talk about surrendering the prison. Carl could have been watching her too, like he was during the flu outbreak, but he thought he was better off trying to take down the Governor with one, long range shot. The prison falling was everybody's responsibility. Rick had stepped down and deferred to the committee that was formed to make decisions for the group. People who lead are usually the target of praise when things go right and the target of blame when things go wrong regardless of whether it is warranted in either case. Rick got tired of that pressure and that is why he tried to give Carl and Judith as much of a "normal" life as possible. Did Rick make mistakes? Sure. So did everyone else. Any child telling their parent that they would be fine if they died is a crushing statement. It showed how selfish and immature Carl still is. The whole thing about Carl saying "I win" several times in the episode reinforces this. He is all about himself right now and not thinking about others and the group. Rick told him he is a man now at the end of the episode, but he still has a long ways to go. Again, he is still more of a dumb@ss than a bad@ss right now as he almost managed to get himself killed twice in the span of a few hours.

well like I said, those are good points but what Carl was saying sounded really familiar. And it was very similar to the complains people had (Even here on this board) about Rick.

So it felt like Carl was voicing the bad things people have said all throughout this season and the last.

(They did the same with Lori when people were hating on her and on the show Lori herself admitted to being a horrible wife, Like the writers knew what people were saying and added it to her lines. Same with Carl)

well like I said, those are good points but what Carl was saying sounded really familiar. And it was very similar to the complains people had (Even here on this board) about Rick.

So it felt like Carl was voicing the bad things people have said all throughout this season and the last.

(They did the same with Lori when people were hating on her and on the show Lori herself admitted to being a horrible wife, Like the writers knew what people were saying and added it to her lines. Same with Carl)

That's because it is easier for people to blame someone else (usually a leader) rather than take responsibility for their own actions (or lack thereof).

BTW, I seriously doubt the writers of the show read this forum or listen to their fans so that they can create dialog for the characters. :lol Despite what we think or say, the writers are going to write what they want to write.

Watched it twice but didn't see the bullet hole. Screen grab? Agree that it would have been a nice payoff for Michonne to use the Governor for a pet, even if it was for part of the episode.

Technically Rick could be blamed for Laurie to the extent that his failure to kill that inmate resulted in the walker invasion. If Laurie hadn't been separated from Hershal and Carol by that event, they "might" have been able to sew her up after a cesarean birth. Hershal was prepping Carol to help with that, but neither was there after Maggie had to gut her to deliver the baby.

It was there. Personally, I think it would have been awesome for him to have been shot in the chest (ala Merle) and have become a zombie only for Michonne to use him as one of her new pets instead of just some of his men. The fact she took them out at this episode anyway would have made it possible to do. They could have gotten Morrissey to do one episode as a zombie pet, but not for multiple. It would have been a better send off IMO for the Governor IMO.

My wife said the same thing. Only they can't pay that man that type of money to walk around like that. :lol

Watched it twice but didn't see the bullet hole. Screen grab? Agree that it would have been a nice payoff for Michonne to use the Governor for a pet, even if it was for part of the episode.

Not a screencap, but shows the same thing.

DeadGovernor.jpg

Bullet hole left forehead. Exit wound (I guess) left side of neck.

I think it's wrong considering the angle Lilly shot him from, but either way he is DEAD dead.

That's because it is easier for people to blame someone else (usually a leader) rather than take responsibility for their own actions (or lack thereof).

BTW, I seriously doubt the writers of the show read this forum or listen to their fans so that they can create dialog for the characters. :lol Despite what we think or say, the writers are going to write what they want to write.

i never said the writers read this forum specifically.....:rolleyes2 the fact is you are in the minority when it comes to defending Rick. People are getting tired of his ### already.

I am sure they know, Because They did that with Lori.......

i never said the writers read this forum specifically.....:rolleyes2 the fact is you are in the minority when it comes to defending Rick. People are getting tired of his ### already.

I am sure they know, Because They did that with Lori.......

What's popular isn't always right and what's right isn't always popular. :lecture

What's popular isn't always right and what's right isn't always popular. :lecture

well we were talking about Carl and his rant against his dad. My point is that it felt like the writers were having a go at what people haven complaining for the last two seasons.
Rick was my favorite by the way, I never really got into the hate for him as much as others have. But Carl's rant had some weight to it because some of the stuff he said was valid. Even Glenn and some of the others have said so.

well we were talking about Carl and his rant against his dad. My point is that it felt like the writers were having a go at what people haven complaining for the last two seasons.
Rick was my favorite by the way, I never really got into the hate for him as much as others have. But Carl's rant had some weight to it because some of the stuff he said was valid. Even Glenn and some of the others have said so.

Well that scene was actually in the comic, although the rants were slightly different. It's just a funny coincidence that the viewers I'd say for the most part felt the same way :lol

Back