The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I loved the smile he gave as Rick was quoting him. It was nice touch to the beginning of the season, especially with that crazy walker chick with the decapitated walker husband head

I cringed at thought of surviving after that first blow to the neck though. What a way to go.

What's upsetting to me though, was Herschel "put down"? His head was cut off, but....did his head still live? :(

He says to one of the women, Alicia perhaps right before giving the order to knock the fences down... "We'll rebuild the fence, get in the trucks and tanks etc and get moving" or something very similar to that. But yea after he sees the girl is dead, he just loses it completely. Rick set him off with his we can change speech but the death of the girl made it personal again.

If it stays at this level, it will surpass Breaking Bad.

Hershel got it because the Governor was making a threat. Was Rick going to let the old man die? The Governor wanted to force his hand (and Michonne wouldn't give him the emotional leverage he needed). When it didn't work, two things made him cross the line. First was that he wasn't about to have his bluff called. Second was that Rick did not submit to his demands. Saving face and pure rage equals Herschel with half a neck.

As for Rick being weak, if he had drawn on the Governor he'd have been dead. Or what kind of badass are you guys looking for? What would you have done in the position he was in? His appeal to humanity in the face of being cornered by that maggot took more guts than anything I can think of. If there's someone here with more guts, please enlighten us with how you'd have done it better.

There's more to the character than doppelganging Clint Eastwood. He's not Dirty Harry.

:goodpost: :clap:clap:clap

He says to one of the women, Alicia perhaps right before giving the order to knock the fences down... "We'll rebuild the fence, get in the trucks and tanks etc and get moving" or something very similar to that. But yea after he sees the girl is dead, he just loses it completely. Rick set him off with his we can change speech but the death of the girl made it personal again.

Rick was so genuine, yet those idiotic sheep people try to kill them all anyway.

Fantastic episode, one of if not the best WD episodes. Went through every emotion watching it. Can't belive how graphic Hershel's death was.:horror

Back on the road again for the second half of season 4.:yess:

Rick was so genuine, yet those idiotic sheep people try to kill them all anyway.

Gov tells em they are liars and overran the last town, took his eye, killed his child. They have no reason to doubt that and Rick reinforces the idea that indeed they have met before which only gives his army more reason to believe Rick did do that stuff. Rick also wants their weapons. Lay down your guns and you can come in. Context is very important and all these people know is this is their 3rd leader in a week and they definately don't have the safety of fences like Rick's group.

They are desperate, they have a tank and the numbers, the few who do doubt him are drowned out by the bigger 300 pound guys with automatic rifles. Tara did the only smart thing/other option and ran. And now what? She's probably alone, without her sister, her niece or her girlfriend.

I'd just think anyone would immediately know something is up when Rick gives that speech and Gov beheads Hershel anyway :huh

Except there wasn't anytime for discussion. He did it and Rick and the rest of the group opened fire.

Not even the Gov expected that, he thought he'd kill Hersh and that'd be that. Only way to survive at that point is fire back. I'm sure not everyone under Custer's command thought he was a genius in those final moments. :lol

Yeah all his misinformation about his and Woodbury's history with the Prison went over well with them. At that point like you said, they were firing back in self defense. One thing I didn't get. The tank only fired on the Prison... not the people.

Great episode!

Yes! Great way to end the mid-season!

- I agree Hersal got it because he was a peace keeper... would have more impact with the threat. The Gov snapped when Rick did not agree to the threat. Hersal seemed to know it was his time and Rick did what Hersal would have done.

- No body in the Apocalypse can shot worth a darn! :lol ...but this is just being picky.

Yes! Great way to end the mid-season!

- I agree Hersal got it because he was a peace keeper... would have more impact with the threat. The Gov snapped when Rick did not agree to the threat. Hersal seemed to know it was his time and Rick did what Hersal would have done.

- No body in the Apocalypse can shot worth a darn! :lol ...but this is just being picky.

No matter the distance, major characters can only be shot in the leg or arm :lol

What's upsetting to me though, was Herschel "put down"? His head was cut off, but....did his head still live? :(

That was the ONLY thing I kept focusing on too!!!!!

I hope so....Hershel didn't deserve to be some teeth gnashing head just lying there. :(

That was the ONLY thing I kept focusing on too!!!!!

I hope so....Hershel didn't deserve to be some teeth gnashing head just lying there. :(

Another character gets beheaded by the Governor in the comic, and Michonne takes care of it. Probably will see that in episode 9.

Funny they brought up the dead rat stuff again with the dead rat on the board. Wonder where that's going.

Well someone in the group is very unstable obviously. Although they haven't let on who. One would assume it's the one little girl, but now I'm not so sure.

I didn't like the way Hershel was offed. Kind of cheesy, for me it kind of ruined any tension there was. I don't know, Michonne's sword would be capable of cutting it off.

I wish he stabbed him first or something, that looked kind of weird

Back