The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Okay, thanks for stopping by! :wave

I read the comics and I'm glad the show is deviating from them. :lecture

The show and the comic are for different audiences. The comic is for comic book guys. The show is general audiences, including people -- like my wife -- that would never think of reading the comic. Different audiences, slightly different story.

SnakeDoc

To comic book nerds, sure. But for people like me who don't read/like comics and watch this show because it's horror/zombie related then it's irrelevant. This is the same problem with books that are adapted to shows/movies. You get all the book nerds complaining about this and that and in reality all those criticisms are moot because the main target audience doesn't care and in most cases, aren't aware that what they're watching was originally a book. :lol

Too true. I'm in the same boat, not knowing it was based on a comic. It was Darabont that attracted me to the project. So far so good. :)

The show and the comic are for different audiences. The comic is for comic book guys. The show is general audiences, including people -- like my wife -- that would never think of reading the comic. Different audiences, slightly different story.

SnakeDoc

Agree to disagree.

Same story, just different avenues to arriving at the same destination.

Same audience, we all love the same genre.

Same here, I disagree. I do feel that the female characters in the show are stronger than comic - as the actresses are pretty great at make these people 'real' but the comic is way more similar than not. The show has just changed which characters stay, go or dropped altogether.

Same here, I disagree. I do feel that the female characters in the show are stronger than comic - as the actresses are pretty great at make these people 'real' but the comic is way more similar than not. The show has just changed which characters stay, go or dropped altogether.

Very true. I agree that the actresses make their characters stronger, and to some viewers more annoying :lol, than their comic counterparts.

It was the show that made me want to read the comics. Didn't start until after Season 1.

I'm enjoying both. :cool:

I am just gonna say it: this show kinda sucks. The comic is just way, way better and a less disjointed, melodramatic mess. I can't do this one anymore.

I don't blame the cast, but too much Shane, no Michonne - some white dude as Governor - sure, you gonna cast talent, but come on? He's kinda iconic and they couldnt find one minority type actor to fit the bill....

I'm sure they could, but there would be some people complaining about making a minority a person such as Governor. You can't please everyone.

You have to look at this series as a seperate entity from the comics. Stop trying to compare the two and enjoy it for what it is.

I'm sure they could, but there would be some people complaining about making a minority a person such as Governor. You can't please everyone.

You have to look at this series as a seperate entity from the comics. Stop trying to compare the two and enjoy it for what it is.

:exactly:.....

I am just gonna say it: this show kinda sucks. The comic is just way, way better and a less disjointed, melodramatic mess. I can't do this one anymore.

I don't blame the cast, but too much Shane, no Michonne - some white dude as Governor - sure, you gonna cast talent, but come on? He's kinda iconic and they couldnt find one minority type actor to fit the bill....

And you guys wonder why I bailed on a majority of this forum. :dunno :lol

Ugh:slap. This show is better than have the crap on tv today

AMC puts out the sets pretty quick after the season is over

Thanks ink, they put them out on Bluray or netflix? How far in is the second season, it's killing me not knowing what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear!!! :gah:

Aw come on. He's cool. He's just crazy and probably lost his virginity to Lori. That's why he is acting like that lol

Back