The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son and daughter are old enough to finally watch.

So been rewatching the show from season one. It flows much better when you watch in long blocks.

My 13 year old, os becoming quite the artist, she sketched this while watching a marathon tonight...

56b73ac98287475350ee91bee7999035.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Great artwork

And yes... I agree.. have always said this show flows better in big blocks..

I started this show about two seasons behind and started watching them on Blu ray.. Never watched it live and waited for new seasons to come out on Blu ray.. So I was always shocked when I would here people complaining about the pace of a certain season and I thought it was fine.

I started to watch Week to week when Negan showed up.. I then got a taste of the frustration people had.. SO I stopped and started to DVR it and binge watch after I recorded half the season.

It does play so much better in blocks because when an Episode leaves on a cliff hanger and you want to know what happens, very often the next episode will be about a character that you are not all that into or a storyline that is not as interesting.. You end up waiting 2 or 3 weeks to get back to the cliffhanger. SO the show sometimes feels boring or drawn out..

You don't mind this when you binge it because you know you will get two it in a couple hours or the next night.

I always laugh when people complain there is not enough action and then there are a few episodes that are nothing but action and then they complain there is not enough story / character. It all fits nicely together just fine when you Binge it.

Great artwork

And yes... I agree.. have always said this show flows better in big blocks..

I started this show about two seasons behind and started watching them on Blu ray.. Never watched it live and waited for new seasons to come out on Blu ray.. So I was always shocked when I would here people complaining about the pace of a certain season and I thought it was fine.

I started to watch Week to week when Negan showed up.. I then got a taste of the frustration people had.. SO I stopped and started to DVR it and binge watch after I recorded half the season.

It does play so much better in blocks because when an Episode leaves on a cliff hanger and you want to know what happens, very often the next episode will be about a character that you are not all that into or a storyline that is not as interesting.. You end up waiting 2 or 3 weeks to get back to the cliffhanger. SO the show sometimes feels boring or drawn out..

You don't mind this when you binge it because you know you will get two it in a couple hours or the next night.

I always laugh when people complain there is not enough action and then there are a few episodes that are nothing but action and then they complain there is not enough story / character. It all fits nicely together just fine when you Binge it.

Yeah the entire Carol arc where she goes to hid away from everyone was totally incomprehensible viewing on a weekly basis.. rewatching it now, and its much easier to follow it in blocks.

The season that made me stop watching weekly has been much much better seen in 2-3 episode blocks..

I find that also. Enjoying it much more this go round.

Eugenes arc in becoming a man also was lost to me first go round.

Woohoo glad the show is back!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a non comic reader I thought Jesus would have a greater role on the show than portrayed. His last two episodes is where he started to become interesting then they killed him off. Felt like a waist. On a side note I can’t remember the last time a major character was killed from a Walker? T-Dog and Everyone Hates Chris guy? Every other main character was killed off by humans! I thought this was a zombie show!

As a non comic reader I thought Jesus would have a greater role on the show than portrayed. His last two episodes is where he started to become interesting then they killed him off. Felt like a waist. On a side note I can’t remember the last time a major character was killed from a Walker? T-Dog and Everyone Hates Chris guy? Every other main character was killed off by humans! I thought this was a zombie show!

Well Tom Payne (actor who played Jesus) asked off the show, as he also thought Jesus would have a larger role. He was definitely underutilized, but that can happen with such a large ensemble cast. IMO there was a bit too much overlap between Jesus & Daryl as far as character traits (both were very comfortable working as a lone wolf) but only so much screen time to go around. Daryl being the established fan favorite made it that much harder to give Jesus anything significant to do.

You're right about it being a long time since anyone significant was killed by a walker. Apparently the characters' comfort level dealing with the walkers is the reason they have introduced the whisperers - they wanted to inject some uncertainty/suspense back into the zombie encounters.

Woohoo glad the show is back!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Comic Spoilers

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't really know any great details as I've never read them. I just wiki them when the show is on..

Well Tom Payne (actor who played Jesus) asked off the show, as he also thought Jesus would have a larger role. He was definitely underutilized, but that can happen with such a large ensemble cast. IMO there was a bit too much overlap between Jesus & Daryl as far as character traits (both were very comfortable working as a lone wolf) but only so much screen time to go around. Daryl being the established fan favorite made it that much harder to give Jesus anything significant to do.

You're right about it being a long time since anyone significant was killed by a walker. Apparently the characters' comfort level dealing with the walkers is the reason they have introduced the whisperers - they wanted to inject some uncertainty/suspense back into the zombie encounters.
Carl died from a Walker bite.

Michonne will be gone next season too. How long will the show survive with long standing characters leaving in droves?

And after the Rick-centric movies, they'll bring back Andrew Lincoln toward the end of the final season. He'll be a walker, and in the series's final scene Judith (Shane's daughter) will put a bullet in his brain pan. The circle will be complete. Roll credits.

That's definitely much better than everyone saying it should all have been Ricks dream.

Back