The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

trump-youre-fired.jpg

Typical network execs...think they know it all and mess with something that wasn't broken to begin with. Pompous @sses! I hope the show survives this. We will have to wait and see.

Shows ruined imo. Will be over soon. Incredibly dissapointing.

Yup, there is really no climbing out of the massive ____ing hole AMC has dug for this show.

Is there any chance the show could break free of AMC and be given the respect it deserves on another network? I know that if pilot seasons of a show rate low and are set to be scrapped, networks can swoop in an save it (Southland). Granted this is totally different, I'm just trying to think of a scenario that gives this show a fighting chance :(

The ____canning of this tv exec would likely be the only way at this point. Sounds like they honestly just don't care about the show at all. Also really worried for Hell on Wheels which is coming up on AMC and looked awesome.

Why is it ruined? Darabont is a film director first and foremost, so the entire idea of him staying onboard for a TV show seemed pretty experimental to begin with. I'm just as worried as any of you, but with all of the great shows from AMC, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least wait to see how this turns out before determining whether or not the show is ruined.

I don't see how sacking Darabont leads to the foregone conclusion that the show is going to suck.

Why is it ruined? Darabont is a film director first and foremost, so the entire idea of him staying onboard for a TV show seemed pretty experimental to begin with. I'm just as worried as any of you, but with all of the great shows from AMC, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least wait to see how this turns out before determining whether or not the show is ruined.

Ditto.

We have no idea how the show will turn out until we see the finished product.

It's not just that they sacked Darabont, it's all the extenuating circumstances around his being fired. It sounds like he was trying to stand up for the show and its cast, and speak out about a pointless budget cut. Now he's fired and they're left with a new creative direction that may or may not prove successful, and a cast that's bitter and underpaid. Not a recipe for success imo.

I honestly hope I'm all kinds of wrong about this (the trailer for season 2 is phenomenal). All this drama just does not bode well.

Everything i have seen about it so far has lead me to believe its going to be amazing regardless of all the setbacks. I think the second season will be just as good or better than the first.

Well, in reality, maybe most of the second season is already filmed... anybody knows?
So it might hurt the second half of second season or the third one if there's any...

I just hope we don't end up getting another "Heroes"... :(

Well, everything we have seen of S2 so far is the stuff Darabont was involved with so we don't really know how the show is going to be after ep 1 or 2. Mazzara is a solid guy. He did a good job on the Shield, IMO so we will see what he does here.

Is it a great situation? No, but it isn't exactly the death knell for the show either (hopefully). The biggest concern I had with the article was the cast's reaction to Darabont's firing and how AMC is bullying them with a gag order. Doesn't exactly make me want to root for AMC here.

Like Deckard said, the exec is the problem and needs to go. He has f-ed up Mad Men and now this show. What is the common element between these two shows? This pinhead exec.

In wait and see mode with this news thats for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it went in the tank but I hope not.

Found this interesting story over on bloody-disgusting.com
"Sons of Anarchy" producer Kurt Sutter took to his twitter account to share his thoughts on the AMC firing of showrunner/director Frank Darabont.

"No one else wants to ____ing say it, but the greed of 'Mad Men' is killing the other two best shows on TV - 'Breaking Bad' and 'Walking Dead,' " he said. "Why Darabont got fired - ['Mad Men''s showrunner Matthew] Weiner. He held AMC hostage, broke their bank, budgets were slashed, ____ rolled down hill onto Gilligan and Frank."

"Darabont reacted strongly to slashed budgets. He made mistakes, he was fired. No creative in town will trust AMC to back up their artists."

Very interesting...thanks for that. ____ing Weiner...wish I didn't like Mad Men as much as I do.

____, I think this series is doomed.

It's ____ed now. I can only imagine how the cast/crew feel, I bet they have lost a lot of motivation in their work without Darabont.

They better just create a great way to end the series with this season.

Has the creator of the Walking dead comic thrown his 2 cents in? As long as the comic stays around, I'm cool. But I would be lying if I said I wasnt pumped for season 2; just not digging all this bad news

Back