The ultimate question !!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool. now which one's which? the one in the middle i think is Attakus Vader 1 right? what versions are the 1st and 3rd?

and i've seen pics of a Vader w/ his arms crossed across his chest. which version is that?

The first piece is the GG Vader. Middle piece is the Attakus Vader 1. Last piece is the Attakus Vader 2.

They both look great. I think I prefer #1. Although it would be nice if his arms weren't just hanging at his sides. The stance on #2 doesn't look quite natural.

Yea, the stance on 2 is just weird. Like he's looking off to the side with a "did you say something?" look on his ummmm mask.

I like Vader 1 out of that group. It would be nice to see pics with the Kotobukiya Vaders and the Sideshow Vader in that group as well.

okay, i've changed my mind. after research into all versions, my absolute fave is Medicom Vader ROTS version (ver #2) even tho he's an action figure. man, he's SUPER articulated! many posing opps. SS is gonna be hard pressed to make a 12" better than this guy. A very close second is the SS PF Vader. simply beautiful in it's mixed media glory and needed for the PF line. i know they were going for the classic movie confrontation pose but i do wish his and Obi's pose were a bit more kinetic or something. maybe slightly crouched as if ready to strike as in this pic.
ben%20&%20darth%20duel%20(2).jpg

next in line would be Attakus 1. great classic walk. bet he looks SWEET w/ a Stormtrooper on each side! on to GG's and Koto's (tied). love their poses! and then Attakus 2. i still for the life of me can't figure out how Attakus comands the prices they do. the likenesses aren't that accurate and some poses are lacking. (poor Maul is just standing there lookin' pissed. i think he's pissed because he's just standing there..;)...) the ONLY reason i can come up w/ is if u wanted something that would last generations (or possibly survive a fire lol.). that cold cast porcelain should look good forever. but stick the Medicom and SS PF behind glass and they'll last as long and look even better! (okay, unless u hermetically seal 'em, they'll still deteriorate over time.) and why is there such a huge difference in pricing between the statues? Vader $899 and Chewie $399, Slave Girl $175, ect? are they just taking advantage of the market and fans by charging according to popularity? it can't just be the difference in materials/labor.

Honestly, i'm not trying to knock Attakus. just trying to understand the draw.

Last edited:
Back