The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would totally buy a Hoyt figure... and for ****s and giggles they could use the talking Ermy and add some movie lines! That ****'d be pure gold! I might even buy the Leatherface ta boot... but not as sure about that one.

I just saw it and Id have too say it was a fairly good time killer. I didnt find it gory or disturbing, they kinda put the whole movie on Ermy's back didnt they?

Looking forward to seeing the flick enormously and have been really encouraged by some of the posts made by the people who've seen it. The movie just came out in the UK today and my g/f and I are planning to go and see it sunday night.

I still remember going to the pics to watch the 2003 remake, my G/F and I went with her brother and his g/f back then. Anyway his g/f wasn't really a big fan of violent horror films and I warned her this might be a little too much for her but she insisted on going. By the time the film had finished she was in tears, which the sicko in me found highly amusing:rotfl. Trust me, if you knew her you'd know it's not as nasty as it sounds.

Whilst she was getting upset though, my G/F actually dropped asleep in the middle of the all the violence:rolleyes:. Hopefully she'll stay awake for the whole movie this time around ha ha.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Looking forward to seeing the flick enormously and have been really encouraged by some of the posts made by the people who've seen it. The movie just came out in the UK today and my g/f and I are planning to go and see it sunday night.

I still remember going to the pics to watch the 2003 remake, my G/F and I went with her brother and his g/f back then. Anyway his g/f wasn't really a big fan of violent horror films and I warned her this might be a little too much for her but she insisted on going. By the time the film had finished she was in tears, which the sicko in me found highly amusing:rotfl. Trust me, if you knew her you'd know it's not as nasty as it sounds.

Whilst she was getting upset though, my G/F actually dropped asleep in the middle of the all the violence:rolleyes:. Hopefully she'll stay awake for the whole movie this time around ha ha.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :monkey5 HAHAHA..GREAT STORY JABBA...

finally saw this today with the girlfriend. it was pretty good and i agree that they tried to put Ermy's character to the front in this movie. my girlfriend liked it and we both agree that it was way gorier than the remake.

~~i also told my girlfriend that i'm leaving her for my new girlfriend--jordana brewster.
2006_the_texas_chainsaw_massacre_th.jpg

Should I go see this?I saw the original on Saturday and it was rubbish.Lighting bad very crappy picture and no much gore it was just freaks chasing people iyt was laughable.

But is this worth a watch is it better than the original?

Went to see this last night Buffy Collector, can tell you there's far far far far more gore than the original. I'd certainly recommend it very highly if you're a fan of gory horror, honestly you won't be disappointed.

Also I love your signature bar, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Kathryn is one of the sexiest roles in movie history and cetainly one of the best *****es ever on the big screen.

"Happy hunting Sebastian":D

buffy-collector said:
Should I go see this?I saw the original on Saturday and it was rubbish.Lighting bad very crappy picture and no much gore it was just freaks chasing people iyt was laughable.

But is this worth a watch is it better than the original?

Origianl, rubbish? Must hold back anger........

Thanks ye Kathryn was great:D
I think I will go to see this it looks good.

Well the original was rubbish it was pathetic some bad actress running through the woods from a freak wtf??

It was one of the worst horror movies ever:emperor

I wouldn't say the original was rubbish, but I think the two latest films are far better to be honest.

The 2003 remake I would also recommend seeing, doesn't really matter which you see first though as The Beginning is a prequel. The remake from a few years ago has loads of gory bits as well, although this new one is even more gory, it won't disappoint.

Yeah, I have to say the original didn't impress me either. I'm sure "back in the day" it was quite the flick, but today it seems more quaint. Like watching some hicks make a horror flick in their back yard. I much prefer the Hewitt family. That first film (the remake) has so much damned atmosphere and dread in it. I know some found it stupid, but it's the first horror film in a loooong time to actually scare the $h*t out of me. My wife didn't make it past the hitchhiker scene. She ran from the room in tears, and she's a pretty tough chick!

I can't go see the prequel, but I'll definitely catch it on DVD (when my wife isn't home...)

I've see it today..its good,but not THAT good... I'm Still sayin that the original TCM by tobe hopper is the best one.

Shai Hulud said:
I've see it today..its good,but not THAT good... I'm Still sayin that the original TCM by tobe hopper is the best one.

Damn right the original is the best and one of the best horror films ever, you people are flippin out of your mind.

I picked up the NECA boxset over the weekend. If you like NECA's stuff, I think you'll like this set. There are only two things I don't like about it.

1) faceless guy is not as bloody as the proto. I suspect they had to tone it down though.

2) the floor base show at SDCC was not included. The base looked sweet and I'm very disapointed it didn't end up in the set, but I guess costs had to be cut somewhere.

Other than those two nit picks, it is a great set.

BTW, I haven't seen this film yet, but I saw the 2003 film and I still like the original better. You never quite figured out what was going on in that film (like leatherface's first appearence where he hits the guy with the hammer and closes the door), but I think that is what made it so creepy. The new one was good for what it was. I consider it completely seperate from the original though.

The original film "rubbish"......Thats what you always hear from children who think a movie must have in your face gore to be good. The original is a complete classic in every way and to even think the remake is better in any way is a total F'N joke.....................................Larry

I just gotta say Im not mad for hating the orignal your mad for liking it!
I was watching it with my mum,because I heard it was good,Well we both hated it,no scares,crap actors and it was stupid that chase scene wtf??

Any way I will give the new one a try:D
Each to there own I guess.Just because your younger does not mean you only like gore!I just dont like old films especially this one.

I like Halloween ect

Back