The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am liking the figure. I want the base, which is back up at OSK but cant bring myself to spend the cost of another figure on it.

Messing around for a few days, I think I have the cape where I like it. Just need to get him in the shelf like this. Added some green to the eyes…the die cast parts are a big thumbs down for me; didn’t need to be this heavy. But otherwise, pretty happy.
IMG_4894.jpeg
IMG_4901.jpeg

Really confused why they made all the armor pieces such heavy diecast metal when just painted plastic would have looked much better and allowed for better posing options. Just a strange decision.

The new kickstarter looks great, but it’s like a 90s Mcfarlane figure with a higher price tag. He used to offer us the same quality before. Now everything he offers is cheaper plastic and Hasbro quality. I miss the golden age of Mcfarlane toys.

Ah yes, missing those days of 3 points of articulation and plastic prone to snapping once you freed the joint of its encasing of paint. Yeah, can’t say I miss that. It’s the paint detailing I miss. His figures now are really suffering from a lack of paint. The head and maybe a few key points on an outfit and then the rest is under painted, cast in that color plastic. I’m guessing this is a ‘deluxe’ kickstarter kind of offering because of the paint.

really wish he'd go back to making figs the way he used to. the new ones are so boring and generic. or for god's sake go back to making statues again.

really wish he'd go back to making figs the way he used to. the new ones are so boring and generic. or for god's sake go back to making statues again.
They’re lacking in paint, but what’s wrong with most of them? We’ve gotten so insanely great figs lately. The new Violator still blows me away.

Back