The SITH are coming... MAUL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GG Maul just came out (and is awsome by the way) and the bust should be shipping soon. How much more Maul do you need? Of course I still want a 12" and PF Maul too but would rather see some other characters first.

I'll bet you'd like to see a Grievous, Loki.

Here's hoping a kotobukiya Grievous kit is on its way! I could finally kitbash an actual 1/6th scale General for my SS figures to battle. Maybe even add a voice chip with: Whaaaaaat's the situation...Captain?

Darth Loki said:
GG Maul just came out (and is awsome by the way) and the bust should be shipping soon. How much more Maul do you need? Of course I still want a 12" and PF Maul too but would rather see some other characters first.

No now that you mention it. LOL

20.gif

Maul has made his way into the pantheon of classic characters. This was due, I think, more to the huge advertising push behind the character than his actual contribution to the series, but it's going to be an impressive piece all the same.

I'm expecting:
Short body.
Sith robe.
Hilt
one blade emitted
two blades emitted
sliced ignited saber (excl)
omnoculars
wrist computer
Sith probe

That would be cool. Then maybe later this year or early next we can get his PF Statue :)

I see the Sith probe droid as the exclusive. The sliced saber would be too important to have for those wanting to recreate the end of the duel of the fates scene.

tomandshell said:
I see the Sith probe droid as the exclusive. The sliced saber would be too important to have for those wanting to recreate the end of the duel of the fates scene.

Ooooh! The Sith Probe Droid would make a GREAT exclusive...so would his binoculars...both only show up for a few seconds on film and aren't 'incredibly' relevant to his character...while one could argue that any version of his saber (hilt, hilt with one blade, hilt with both blades, battle-damaged half-hilt and battle-damaged half-hilt with blade) are all importnat depending on how you plan on displaying your Maul...while the Sith Probe Droid and binoculars are kind of just 'extra' accessories that would make GREAT exclusives.

I just REALLY hope he comes with 2 heads...one passive, semi-menacing lips-closed...one VERY battle angry with sneer and teeth!!!

:D

If he comes with two heads the second would be an exclusive. If I remember correctly anytime they do that the second head never has been fitted to go on the body.

jlcmsu said:
If he comes with two heads the second would be an exclusive. If I remember correctly anytime they do that the second head never has been fitted to go on the body.

I dont see any 12" figures comming with 2 heads. Isnt the whole cost of the figure in the sculpt of the head and accessories? that would mean the price for maul may just about double to have 2 heads.... 2 different sculpts.

Really can't wait to see what surprises are in store for us in the coming weeks/months..............
theverse

tomandshell said:

It's about as important as a poncho for a certain Jedi. That is why it would be a nice exclusive. Probe is to meh!

I think with all the material it will take to costume Maul, sashes and cloak and all, the Sith Probe is simply too large an item to be included (not to mention an awkward shape for that slim accessory tray).

My guess for the EXCLUSIVE is and always will be...Maul's MONOCULAR.

The mynock is huge too. I don't think you can dismiss the Sith probe as an accessory.

Darklord Dave said:
The mynock is huge too. I don't think you can dismiss the Sith probe as an accessory.

Yeah, but the mynock is flat....

Unless you know something. Are you saying its a Sith Probe? You heard it here first folks -- Dave said it is the SITH PROBE!

:rotfl

his exclusive will be his battle damaged lightsaber

I don't think the unignited damaged hilt is neccessary. We HAVE gotten double headed figures in the past. 006 Trevylan from Golden Eye comes to mind.

I don't see the omnoculars being the exc. The exc. needs to have a certain "wow" factor. Damaged ignited seems the best bet. Maybe the probe. I don't see why the probe would be to large. It's about the same size as a Jango Fett helmet....:monkey1

Actually the SW exclusive accessories have all been distinctly "non-wow" excluding the mynock. So an additional head would run contrary to that, whereas the omnocular or probe wouldn't necessarily.

And the mynock will require some re-engineering to the package, I think, so dismissing the probe because of size doesn't really work.

Back