The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Grim Reaper The Dead

From the writeup they just posted, it looks like he has FOUR arms! Also, the "in one drawing, he was holding the head of a solider in one hand and the body in another" (paraphrasing) part.....possible EX?

That would be great : you then could have a "symbolic look" of the Grim Reaper (clothed skeleton holding a scythe), and switch-out arms holding body parts would make it more gruesome and gory.

That story was amazing.

I agree.. It gives in great detail what the extra arms are for, as well as a pretty interesting backstory of it's origin. I'll be keeping my eye on this piece.

Those who didn't read the story yet.. You should. :wink1:

Oh and my only gripe about this piece would be that SS should've stayed true to the original artists renditions and used the same pose. The one that was holding the severed head in the helmet, along with the headless body. Instead of this prototype's leaning back pose with no body parts to be found anywhere. Hopefully this will be changed when the final is revealed. :pray:

To anyone who has seen this person, how tall would you say it was?
Much appreciated.

Oh and my only gripe about this piece would be that SS should've stayed true to the original artists renditions and used the same pose. The one that was holding the severed head in the helmet, along with the headless body. Instead of this prototype's leaning back pose with no body parts to be found anywhere. Hopefully this will be changed when the final is revealed. :pray:

I don't see the statue being changed. Something worth considering though, is that the story may not be a historical account. All of The Dead have had stories to accompany them. Another thing to consider is that Somme was not the only battlefield He ever walked, so a pose more representative of the character's universality is appropriate.

I don't see the statue being changed. Something worth considering though, is that the story may not be a historical account. All of The Dead have had stories to accompany them. Another thing to consider is that Somme was not the only battlefield He ever walked, so a pose more representative of the character's universality is appropriate.

I'm just saying that I'd rather have had them stick to their own concept art like this..

Which totally kicks ass (standing straight up w/ left arm down) vvv
RP-final-painting-LG.jpg

Versus what they did with the actual prototype of the PF. (Gangsta lean pose) vvv
5969638575_094f96e5c5_b.jpg

Yeah, maybe you're right.. So i won't be holding my breath for this. Oh well.. Another Pass for me.

I hope this goes up for Spooktacular so I can see more. So far I'm really starting to dig it the more I look at it.

Me too. Initially I was hostile to the idea of a statue of Death. Something changed my mind between now and SDCC.

Me too. Initially I was hostile to the idea of a statue of Death. Something changed my mind between now and SDCC.

Yes it's definitely grown on me. I admit when I first saw the pics months ago I was like...what the hell kind of stupid crap is that. But now I kind of like it. :lol

This is one of their most inspired pieces yet. You can tell that the detail is sickening. Pretty f#$%ing brilliant, if you ask me.

Will be my 1st if not only piece from "The Dead" franchise.
Looks TOO good to pass up.

I sometimes don't get Sideshow. This piece was 'finished' at SDCC, yet we didn't get a pre-order for this. I'm sure many would rather have a Pre-order and a longer waiting period than a later pre-order and shorter wait period. :dunno

I have a strong feeling this is gonna be a cross between Death and Slender Man. In The Dead story section, it mentions him having four arms........

.. because we all know Spooktacular is about Starwars!

..darn sp.

Last edited:

.. because we all no Spooktacular is about Starwars!

I was kind of "hunh??" at the end of this year's Spooktacular. Where was the horror? Am I mistaken to expect most of the new products or announcements to be horror related during this yearly Halloween event?

Back