The Real face of Jesus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOD:

muppet-2.jpg

He created life out of nothing but foam and glue. :)

Science and Religion........both have believers with blind faith. Why argue about it? It's not like anyone is going to change their mind.

The difference is, take the most die hard scientific ass clown and give him irrefutable evidence that God exists and they'll become a believer. But the same can't be said for the the most die hard religious ass clown. Those people aren't even open to the possibility of God not existing and if you presented them with irrefutable evidence that there was no God, they'd dismiss it as heresy or the "Devil" playing tricks.

They are two totally different planes. That's like trying to convince someone that by eating an apple they will like oranges and vice versa.

People did not believe Pontius Pilate existed until proof was found.
I'm pretty sure there was a Jesus, (Although I'm undecided on the miracles)

Mark Twain said If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be, a Christian. I pretty much agree with that point of view.

Science and Religion........both have believers with blind faith. Why argue about it? It's not like anyone is going to change their mind.

Dear God, why I am posting in this thread...

Science has nothing to do with faith whatsoever. If it did, it wouldn't be science.

The difference is, take the most die hard scientific ass clown and give him irrefutable evidence that God exists and they'll become a believer. But the same can't be said for the the most die hard religious ass clown. Those people aren't even open to the possibility of God not existing and if you presented them with irrefutable evidence that there was no God, they'd dismiss it as heresy or the "Devil" playing tricks.

Has there ever been irrefutable evidence either way?

They are two totally different planes. That's like trying to convince someone that by eating an apple they will like oranges and vice versa.

Yup! And I just ate an apple. And I just discovered I'm nekkid! :horror

I'm about 99% certain that there are non Canon documents that mention Jesus. I believe there are some Roman letters from Herod Antipas addressed to the Roman senate about his handlings of certain matters, one of which was Jesus. I also remember a couple syriac and greek manuscripts in musuems over in Britian and France. I'll have to research it more, but I'm certain I've read them years ago.

If you find a contemporary reference to Jesus, get ready to back up the Brinks truck. Nobody else has been able to. It's one of the holy grails of history, if you'll excuse the pun.

Has there ever been irrefutable evidence either way?

There is no irrefutable evidence invisible unicorns don't exist. The god hypothesis isn't actually testable, which is probably one of the reasons it catches on in its various forms (it's impossible to disprove Scientology, for example). What usually happens is people apply reason and logic to discount every religion ... except the one they were raised in, where cognitive dissonance prevents it from coming to a head. This is why Jews aren't Christians aren't Muslims aren't Mormons, despite all coming from the same root faith. It's why we make Thor a comic book character but get defensive about Jesus.

Your analogy is sound..

Both parties in the analogy are deeply religious and rely heavily on faith---they just serve different gods.

Sadly neither side has "irrefutable evidence" so the war rages on.

Science has nothing to do with faith whatsoever. If it did, it wouldn't be science.

Progressive fringe science has managed to sell this notion to prevent their movement from being considered a religion.

Genius tactic, I'll admit.

religion is like the one topic that eggheads who probably have been bullied all their life go to and now they can actually try to bully people around. sad.

Out of curiousity, what could be "irrefutable evidence there was no God"? Because simply disproving a HUMAN notion about God only disproves that particular notion.

Out of curiousity, what could be "irrefutable evidence there was no God"? Because simply disproving a HUMAN notion about God only disproves that particular notion.

I understand what you're trying to say and I agree, but it's irrelevant to this discussion because we're discussing the HUMAN notion of God. And my comment was within that context. But like I said.. I agree with you.

There is no irrefutable evidence invisible unicorns don't exist. The god hypothesis isn't actually testable, which is probably one of the reasons it catches on in its various forms (it's impossible to disprove Scientology, for example). What usually happens is people apply reason and logic to discount every religion ... except the one they were raised in, where cognitive dissonance prevents it from coming to a head. This is why Jews aren't Christians aren't Muslims aren't Mormons, despite all coming from the same root faith. It's why we make Thor a comic book character but get defensive about Jesus.

You could at least quote Richard Dawkins rather than pretending these are your thoughts

For people who have not seen this theory
I find it absolutely fascinating
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rmCS7P-vdRM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rmCS7P-vdRM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back