The Re-birth of United Cutlery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calle_Sandell

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just at my retailer and picked up some stuff (Sam, Frodo, Elrond, Riddle Grave GG) and he had some very interesting news..

Apperently United Cutlery is back on track as a company!

AND! Have the LoTR License and will start producing the all the old swords etc. that they once produced...

So he said he could offer me pretty much all of the old swords and stuff for the original retail price...

For me that is great news since I've been thinking of picking that line up..

Or is this old news?

Good, then perhaps i can finally get that key to the Frodo Sting sword that was missing from the package.

Seriously, good news.

This is good news indeed to a certain point.....LOTR UC stuff was rockbottom in pricing, I just picked out a Glamdring for $89 plus shipping over on RPF from a seller who was clearancing out his stuff. Once they are back in business the retail pricing will be the norm and while the supply will be there, the price jump will be an interesting shift.

Cool! These swords are fantastic!! I had some for a while.

What I'd like to see them do is .45 scale stuff like MR did with SW. I'd get those in a hearbeat.

Their clamshell mini props were cool, I have the "Sword of the Ringwrath" what I really want is 1/6 replicas so I can place real metal swords in the hands of my SSC figures. :D

Cool! These swords are fantastic!! I had some for a while.

What I'd like to see them do is .45 scale stuff like MR did with SW. I'd get those in a hearbeat.

The minis in the stone bases are actually pretty nice.

I still want a Theoden 1:1 helm or at least Eomer's.

I love my UC stuff. :rock

UCCollection1.jpg

Should this be moved to the LOTR section? :dunno

This is good news indeed to a certain point.....LOTR UC stuff was rockbottom in pricing, I just picked out a Glamdring for $89 plus shipping over on RPF from a seller who was clearancing out his stuff. Once they are back in business the retail pricing will be the norm and while the supply will be there, the price jump will be an interesting shift.

I am surprised you got such a good deal on Glamdring I sold the last few I had on ebay for 300+. This isn't new new news but certainly worth posting.

I think it depends on the items you're looking for though. I've been hard pressed to find an elven warrior sword for less than $1000 bucks anywhere, and I can't find the Gondorian Shield anywhere for ANY price. I'm hoping these will be among the ones they start remanufacturing, because this line has been my main goal to collect and these two pieces are what I guess would be considered my "grails".

I missed out on the Elven Warrior sword the first time around due to some financial hardships. When I was finally in a position to purchase, it was long gone and out of my price range. So I would certainly welcome the opportunity to buy that piece for retail.

Guess that means the prime "selling time" for my unopened Elven sword has passed.:lol Guess I'll just keep hanging on to it! I bought the durned thing along with the shield and helm but have absolutely nowhere to display them.

The UC stuff is nice. I passed on the Sideshow LB Sauron since I have the UC Sauron helm, which is massive.

I think it depends on the items you're looking for though. I've been hard pressed to find an elven warrior sword for less than $1000 bucks anywhere, and I can't find the Gondorian Shield anywhere for ANY price. I'm hoping these will be among the ones they start remanufacturing, because this line has been my main goal to collect and these two pieces are what I guess would be considered my "grails".

The Gondorian Sheild was a limited edition of 2500 so I don't think they will be making any more of those. I believe the Elven Sword was an LE too but I don't think more than 1000 of those were ever made or an edition size set so I guess there's a possibility they'd make more. Which I'm sure wouln't make the people who payed $1000 for one very happy. But it would make me happy because I'd get one. LOL In regards to the shield, I have one and it's very nice. If you manage to find one, I wouldn't hesitate getting it.

The Gondorian Sheild was a limited edition of 2500 so I don't think they will be making any more of those. I believe the Elven Sword was an LE too but I don't think more than 1000 of those were ever made or an edition size set so I guess there's a possibility they'd make more. Which I'm sure wouln't make the people who payed $1000 for one very happy. But it would make me happy because I'd get one. LOL In regards to the shield, I have one and it's very nice. If you manage to find one, I wouldn't hesitate getting it.

Thanks for dashing my hopes and dreams, and then rubbing it in my face that you have the shield. have you no pity? :lol Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and my bank account padded on the off chance I find one. *Sigh*

I don't trust UC, after the "Limited Anduril" crap-fest. :emperor

The minis in the stone bases are actually pretty nice.

I still want a Theoden 1:1 helm or at least Eomer's.

I love my UC stuff. :rock

UCCollection1.jpg

Should this be moved to the LOTR section? :dunno

Those wizard staff's are amazing. Do they make a GTG one? That would be amazing. SO, are they going to remake the old weapons; why would you do that if they are already made?

Those wizard staff's are amazing. Do they make a GTG one? That would be amazing. SO, are they going to remake the old weapons; why would you do that if they are already made?

Sadly UC doesn't make GTG's staff, but the Noble Collection does/did - unfortunately, I think it is sold out now. :monkey2

As for UC's future, they are somewhat the same as MR for me; I don't give much credence to their ES, they released a Limited Edition Anduril and then followed it up with a re-hash. :sick

...they released a Limited Edition Anduril and then followed it up with a re-hash. :sick

Really? I didn't know that or I did know it and forgot. Was the LE Anduril actually a numbered piece and they re-released it?

Really? I didn't know that or I did know it and forgot. Was the LE Anduril actually a numbered piece and they re-released it?

Yep, it was "limited" to 5000 pieces; sending my wife on a frenzy to find one --- as a matter of fact this was my very first LOTR collectible of any kind.

After the success, UC greedily cashed-in on a second "unlimited" version with a different plaque and minus the gold leaf on the handle and pommel.

Like MR I don't trust their releases much.

Back